Upvote 0

speakout

Aug 16, 2007
✟1,541.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
After a quick glance I'm seeing a huge book (700+ pages) with scarcely a foot note I might add. :eek: They assert a lot but seem to offer little more then their unsupported word as proof. :wave:
tulc(actually does get Trix, so he's not a silly rabbit!) ;)

you are a drunk,

so tell me what she got wrong?

it is mighty cheap of you to belittle without disproving anything, tell us what they got wrong.

was karl marx a speaker in st martins's hall and the founding of International? was he followed by mazinni as a speaker.

You cannot have you cakes and eat it too, you said you wanted proof, now you cannot ingest the evidence?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you are a drunk,
No actually I'm not. ;)

so tell me what she got wrong?
I'm sorry but wading through a 700+ page book so I can point out errors doesn't seem like a job I need to do this weekend. :wave:

it is mighty cheap of you to belittle without disproving anything, tell us what they got wrong.
Well that depends, do you believe infant baptism is valid or that believing adults need to be baptized is a heresy? That's one of the criticisms of the Anabaptist's (OH! and being willing to suffer because of their beliefs was further proof of them being evil) :sigh:

was karl marx a speaker in st martins's hall and the founding of International? was he followed by mazinni as a speaker.
Maybe, so? Somebody always follows somebody else in meetings. :)

You cannot have you cakes and eat it too, you said you wanted proof, now you cannot ingest the evidence?
Technically, this isn't proof but thanks. :wave:
Oh, been here? Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Leo Taxil and Anti-Masonry
tulc(doesn't really eat cake, but thanks) ;)

Upvote 0

Ellinas

Dec 30, 2009
✟727.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I simply asked the man if he knew the history of Communist revolution?
Something of which you show to know very little of! Do you have any idea what it meant to be a peasant or worker in pre October revolution days? Obviously not. If I were a worker or peasant in those days, I can assure you that I would also revolt against the oligarchy. People had almost no rights! They worked more than 11 hour shifts 7 days a week with a pittance for pay. They were malnourished while the rich gorged themselves! The list is too long to mention here, but one thing is for sure! If Satan has sided with anyone then it is with the likes of George Bush and not Carl Marx!

Reactions: TheReasoner
Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Something of which you show to know very little of! Do you have any idea what it meant to be a peasant or worker in pre October revolution days? Obviously not. If I were a worker or peasant in those days, I can assure you that I would also revolt against the oligarchy. People had almost no rights! They worked more than 11 hour shifts 7 days a week with a pittance for pay. They were malnourished while the rich gorged themselves! The list is too long to mention here, but one thing is for sure! If Satan has sided with anyone then it is with the likes of George Bush and not Carl Marx!

Actually, it could be significantly longer days. I have seen records stating they worked around 13-15 hours a day. Only sundays off, if that. No social standing whatsoever, virtually no to no rights at all. They lived in slums worse than our contemporary slums quite often. And, don't forget children worked too. School? Forget it! If you are old enough to walk you're old enough to help out at home. And shortly after that, off to the factories.

It was a living nightmare most of us cannot begin to comprehend. Rebelling against such a society? Yeah, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Marx's position on religion is also better understood if we consider how much of the church behaved. It was used as a pillar upon which this terrible society was constructed. Even if this was contrary to Christ's teachings the church does not always heed it's Savior's teachings. Sometimes I think the least Christ-like among us are the ones with the most intense vocal claims to follow Christ. Which, incidentally, is why I no longer call myself a Christian. I'm a Christ follower, yes. Jesus worshipper, yes. Christian? Nope.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ellinas

Dec 30, 2009
✟727.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Actually, it could be significantly longer days. I have seen records stating they worked around 13-15 hours a day. Only sundays off, if that. No social standing whatsoever, virtually no to no rights at all. They lived in slums worse than our contemporary slums quite often. And, don't forget children worked too. School? Forget it! If you are old enough to walk you're old enough to help out at home. And shortly after that, off to the factories.

It was a living hell most of us cannot begin to comprehend. Rebelling against such a society? Yeah, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Marx's position on religion is also better understood if we consider how much of the church behaved. It was used as a pillar upon which this terrible society was constructed. Even if this was contrary to Christ's teachings the church does not always heed it's Savior's teachings. Sometimes I think the least Christ-like among us are the ones with the most intense vocal claims to follow Christ. Which, incidentally, is why I no longer call myself a Christian. I'm a Christ follower, yes. Jesus worshipper, yes. Christian? Nope.
If only all Christians were like you!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums