Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And this point is erroneous. I have catalogued a long list of people who distinctly taught a rapture before the great tribulation, long before the nineteenth century. But I agree that the discussion is pointless, for the only thing that counts is what the Bible actually says. So the ONLY reason I have compiled my list is because some falsely claim that the doctrines of the Pre trib rapture, of Dispensationalism, and even of a future millennium and futurism generally, were never taught before around that time. This argument is not only illogical, it is flat out incorrect. ALL these doctrines have been taught throughout the history of the church.

But wouldn't those be, to quote yourself, "the words of mere men?"

Show us your list. I suspect it's one I thoroughly debunked some time ago. Happy to do it again.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
But wouldn't those be, to quote yourself, "the words of mere men?"

Show us your list. I suspect it's one I thoroughly debunked some time ago. Happy to do it again.
Yes, it is the words of mere men. I study them SOLELY for the purpose of disproving the lie that our doctrines were never taught before the early 1800s.

I do not have time to publish the entire list now. But it has now grown MUCH longer than when you imagined you had disproved it a long time ago.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it is the words of mere men. I study them SOLELY for the purpose of disproving the lie that our doctrines were never taught before the early 1800s.

I do not have time to publish the entire list now. But it has now grown MUCH longer than when you imagined you had disproved it a long time ago.

So far your list of pre-Darby Christians who taught that modern Jews will come to salvation outside of the Church contains zero names.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

A partial list is fine. We're waiting.

Upvote 0