Rebirth In Flames

Jul 5, 2004
✟8,902.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

One of the reasons I think this "religion" is absolutley crazy, is because of things like this, (found in the link above):

"Those that reach the higher teachings (OT III) within the Church of Scientology will learn all about Xenu, the evil intergalactic ruler who implanted "thetans" or alien spirits, in earth's volcanoes 75 million years ago, after which they escaped and invaded human bodies. The ultimate belief of Scientology is that you are possessed by the spirits of aliens murdered 75 million years ago by "Xenu" and you have to exorcise these spirits. The cost of reaching OT III approaches $360,000."

What do you think about the Church of Scientology?

truth_restorer

Jun 20, 2005
Denver, CO
✟258.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
Rebirth In Flames said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

One of the reasons I think this "religion" is absolutley crazy, is because of things like this, (found in the link above):

"Those that reach the higher teachings (OT III) within the Church of Scientology will learn all about Xenu, the evil intergalactic ruler who implanted "thetans" or alien spirits, in earth's volcanoes 75 million years ago, after which they escaped and invaded human bodies. The ultimate belief of Scientology is that you are possessed by the spirits of aliens murdered 75 million years ago by "Xenu" and you have to exorcise these spirits. The cost of reaching OT III approaches $360,000."

What do you think about the Church of Scientology?

Scientology is just another gnostic religion. If you are into gnosticism, you will like it; if not, you won't.

Shalom

Upvote 0

Grl4Christ987

Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy...on me
Nov 5, 2004
Physically, PA, spiritually, China
Visit site
✟9,338.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
I know a Scientologist and it's a load of poo if you ask me. You really do have to have a substantial amount of money in order to keep up with it.

BTW the word Gnostic means "truth" and an Agnostic is someone who believes there could or could not be such a thing as God. There are different variants of Gnosticism though, so I'm not gonna explain it all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rebirth In Flames

Jul 5, 2004
✟8,902.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
For a side-clarification; (this is taken from www.dictionary.com):

Gnosticism - The doctrines of certain pre-Christian pagan, Jewish, and early Christian sects that valued the revealed knowledge of God and of the origin and end of the human race as a means to attain redemption for the spiritual element in humans and that distinguished the Demiurge from the unknowable Divine Being.

Agnosticism – (1.) The doctrine that certainty about first principles or absolute truth is unattainable and that only perceptual phenomena are objects of exact knowledge. (2.) The belief that there can be no proof either that God exists or that God does not exist.

I’m sorry that I got the two of these confused with each other, thus I humbly correct myself by giving the correct definition of them both equally. Scientology sounds like neither of these.

Upvote 0

Rebirth In Flames

Jul 5, 2004
✟8,902.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Here's some quotes by the great founder:

"Somebody some day will say 'this is illegal'. By then be sure the orgs say what is legal or not." -- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 4 January 1966
"Don't ever tamely submit to an investigation of us. Make it rough, rough on attackers all the way." -- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 25 February 1966
"Having viewed slum clearance projects in most major cities of the world may I state that you have conceived and created in the Johannesburg townships what is probably the most impressive and adequate resettlement activity in existence." -- L. Ron Hubbard, Letter to South African Apartheid Government, 1960
"THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTROL PEOPLE IS TO LIE TO THEM. You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way you can control anybody is to lie to them." -- L. Ron Hubbard, Technique 88
"They smell of all the baths they didn't take. The trouble with China is, there are too many chinks here." -- L. Ron Hubbard (Diary entry circa 1928)
"If anyone is getting industrious trying to enturbulate [sic] or stop Scientology or its activities, I can make Captain Bligh look like a Sunday-school teacher. There is probably no limit on what I would do to safeguard Man's only road to freedom against persons who ... seek to stop Scientology or hurt Scientologists." -- L. Ron Hubbard, 15 August 1967
"People attack Scientology; I never forget it, always even the score. People attack auditors, or staff, or organisations, or me. I never forget until the slate is clear." -- L. Ron Hubbard, The Manual of Justice
"So we listen. We add up associations of people with people. When a push against Scientology starts somewhere, we go over the people involved and weed them out. Push vanishes." -- L. Ron Hubbard, The Manual of Justice
"At this instance there are men hiding in terror on Earth because they found out what they were attacking. There are men dead because they attacked us - for instance Dr. Joe Winter. He simply realized what he did and died. There are men bankrupt because they attacked us - Purcell, Ridgway, Ceppos." -- L. Ron Hubbard
(Dr. Joe Winter was a board member of the Hubbard Dianetic Research Foundation, but he broke with Hubbard over the use of "past lives" to explain engrams. Don Purcell, Derricke Ridgway and Art Ceppos were former supporters of Hubbard who also broke with him. One explanation offered for the context of this quotation is that Hubbard meant that the expansion of Scientology would save lives; Scientologists believe they are responsible for disasters because they did not disseminate their technology well enough.) "Bluntly, we are out to replace medicine in the next three years." -- Hubbard College Reports, 13 March 1952

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

vajradhara

Diamond Thunderbolt of Indestructable Wisdom
Jun 25, 2003
Dharmadhatu
✟19,720.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Namaste all,

ah... $cientology...

i would strongly suggest that you do not use their copyright religious name.. you can and will be sued for using it without permission.

i would also strongly suggest that any being with a modicum of concern investigate the idea of a Suppressive Person and what action is allowed to be take to stop an SP from speaking.

you can read about the tradegy of Lisa McPherson here:

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/

you can read about the ongoing efforts to ruin and imprison Gerry Armstrong here:

http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/introduction.html

here's a snippet for the curious reader:

In my final two years in the SO, I had the task of collecting and assembling an archive of Hubbard's personal documents, and doing research for his biography. During the course of my research, I discovered and documented that Hubbard had lied about virtually every part of his life, including his education, degrees, family, explorations, military service, war wounds, scientific research, the efficacy of his " sciences" - Dianetics and Scientology - along with the actions and intentions of the organizations he created to sell and advance these "sciences."
When I attempted to get Scientology executives to correct the lies that the organization was promoting about Hubbard, and which Hubbard promoted about himself, I was attacked and ordered to be security checked. A "sec check" is an invasive, incriminatory Scientology interrogation technique using its E-meter lie detector. During my years in the SO, I had been subjected to hundreds of hours of sec checks, and had twice been ordered by Hubbard to the Rehabilitation Project Force (RPF) [1], the organization's punishment and reprogramming camps, for a total of twenty-five months. Rather than being again locked up and forced to submit to further abuse and degradation, I fled.

without being overly dramatic, which may be too late with dealing with the Cult of $cientology, i would also strongly suggest that anyone interested become acquianted with Jack Parsons from the JPL and the O.T.O. of Alistar Crowley. the connections between these is, if you are a being like me, rather disturbing and, if i may, a bit frightening.

Reactions: BarbB
Upvote 0

Lucubratus

Mar 16, 2004
✟683.00
Faith
Non-Denom
vajradhara said:
Namaste all,

ah... $cientology...

i would strongly suggest that you do not use their copyright religious name.. you can and will be sued for using it without permission.

i would also strongly suggest that any being with a modicum of concern investigate the idea of a Suppressive Person and what action is allowed to be take to stop an SP from speaking.

you can read about the tradegy of Lisa McPherson here:

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/

you can read about the ongoing efforts to ruin and imprison Gerry Armstrong here:

http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/introduction.html

here's a snippet for the curious reader:

In my final two years in the SO, I had the task of collecting and assembling an archive of Hubbard's personal documents, and doing research for his biography. During the course of my research, I discovered and documented that Hubbard had lied about virtually every part of his life, including his education, degrees, family, explorations, military service, war wounds, scientific research, the efficacy of his " sciences" - Dianetics and Scientology - along with the actions and intentions of the organizations he created to sell and advance these "sciences."
When I attempted to get Scientology executives to correct the lies that the organization was promoting about Hubbard, and which Hubbard promoted about himself, I was attacked and ordered to be security checked. A "sec check" is an invasive, incriminatory Scientology interrogation technique using its E-meter lie detector. During my years in the SO, I had been subjected to hundreds of hours of sec checks, and had twice been ordered by Hubbard to the Rehabilitation Project Force (RPF) [1], the organization's punishment and reprogramming camps, for a total of twenty-five months. Rather than being again locked up and forced to submit to further abuse and degradation, I fled.

without being overly dramatic, which may be too late with dealing with the Cult of $cientology, i would also strongly suggest that anyone interested become acquianted with Jack Parsons from the JPL and the O.T.O. of Alistar Crowley. the connections between these is, if you are a being like me, rather disturbing and, if i may, a bit frightening.

I'm sure glad you got out of that. I also feel bad for Katie Holmes (whoever wrote that) I think that's one reason Nicole Kidman got the heck away from him.

Upvote 0