A son of God.
Apr 10, 2015
Oklahoma
✟9,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We can actually trace the Y and X chromosome back to a single male and female. They didn't live during the same time or in the same place and there were other humans that existed at the time. This falsifies Genesis. It is not literal history. It is a myth.
Then there was Noah and his family. Whom by Noah came all righteous men! Understand that there were people on the earth before the Biblical flood, and all died except for Noah and his family(and we all come from Noah- the tower of Babel was after the Biblical flood). For the Biblical flood was the judgment of the ungodly. Yes, Noah and the world wide Biblical flood has been proven. Modern science has suppress most, but not all of the information(they have to, or the truth would get out, and they would have to admit that there is a God who in the beginning created the heaven and the earth-Genesis 1:1.) Look up-Noah's Ark National Park in Turkey. Yes, the Turkish government has a national park where Noah's ark was found. Modern science(Archeology) continues to prove that the sites mentioned in the Bible where real places and names mentioned in the Bible were real people. Science does prove the Bible right.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again the Key word here is the reprobate mind. People just do not understand what they are reading when they read the Bible because they have a reprobate mind. WE need to be born again and we need to be renewed in our Mind. We need to put on the Mind of Christ and then we will understand the Bible.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Then there was Noah and his family. Whom by Noah came all righteous men! Understand that there were people on the earth before the Biblical flood, and all died except for Noah and his family(and we all come from Noah- the tower of Babel was after the Biblical flood). For the Biblical flood was the judgment of the ungodly. Yes, Noah and the world wide Biblical flood has been proven. Modern science has suppress most, but not all of the information(they have to, or the truth would get out, and they would have to admit that there is a God who in the beginning created the heaven and the earth-Genesis 1:1.) Look up-Noah's Ark National Park in Turkey. Yes, the Turkish government has a national park where Noah's ark was found. Modern science(Archeology) continues to prove that the sites mentioned in the Bible where real places and names mentioned in the Bible were real people. Science does prove the Bible right.
Whether or not Turkey does have that park, there is still no sign of the ark. The world-wide flood was debunked by science way back in the 19th century. In fact, seeking out evidence for the Flood was actually what led to evolution. When the scientists went out to demonstrate that the Flood did exist, whet they found was hard evidence that it definitely did not happen. As far as the Exodus goes, no archaeological evidence has been found for it, none, zero.

Upvote 0

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
For the Biblical flood was the judgment of the ungodly.

So basically mass genocide. Happily this never happened.

Yes, Noah and the world wide Biblical flood has been proven. .

It's actually been falsified by geology. It's also a plagiarized myth. The Epic of Gilgamesh predates the Noah story by 1000 years and it is the exact same story.

Modern science has suppress most, but not all of the information(they have to, or the truth would get out, and they would have to admit that there is a God who in the beginning created the heaven and the earth-Genesis 1:1.)

You don't know how science works. If a something is falsified, it is thrown in the garbage with all the other bad ideas. You're suggesting there is a worldwide conspiracy by all geologists (many of them Christian). That is tin foil hat nonsense.

Look up-Noah's Ark National Park in Turkey. Yes, the Turkish government has a national park where Noah's ark was found. Modern science(Archeology) continues to prove that the sites mentioned in the Bible where real places and names mentioned in the Bible were real people. Science does prove the Bible right.

I'm sorry to tell you this but you were fooled by a hoax. http://www.snopes.com/religion/noahsark.asp
Archaeology continues to proves the bible? The people who perpetrated that hoax were an evangelical group who had no formal training of any kind in any field of science. They had no idea what they were doing.

Upvote 0

Commander

A son of God.
Apr 10, 2015
Oklahoma
✟9,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And
So basically mass genocide. Happily this never happened.

It's actually been falsified by geology. It's also a plagiarized myth. The Epic of Gilgamesh predates the Noah story by 1000 years and it is the exact same story.

You don't know how science works. If a something is falsified, it is thrown in the garbage with all the other bad ideas. You're suggesting there is a worldwide conspiracy by all geologists (many of them Christian). That is tin foil hat nonsense.

I'm sorry to tell you this but you were fooled by a hoax. http://www.snopes.com/religion/noahsark.asp
Archaeology continues to proves the bible? The people who perpetrated that hoax were an evangelical group who had no formal training of any kind in any field of science. They had no idea what they were doing.
And the hoax that you believe in is that we all come from a rock that was rained on for millions years, which turned into a monkey and that you came from that monkey-LOL. I don't see any monkey men walking around, and the only ones you will see are in the textbooks, which have been corrupted by your so called saviors-LOL. My Rock is Jesus Christ, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. Now, I do see men walking around.

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And the hoax that you believe in is that we all come from a rock that was rained on for millions years

Rocks are not living systems. This is a strawman that you built in your head. I'm sorry but you do not have an elementary understanding of biology.

and that you came from that monkey-LOL.

Evolution doesn't make this claim. You would know that if you had a basic understanding of biology. We share a common ancestor. You know how we know this is a fact?

We have sequenced both the human and chimpanzee genome. The endogenous retrovirus insertions are inserted in your genome are inserted in the same spot on the chimpanzee genome. Retroviral insertions are very rare and they can only be passed down to offspring. You don't come from a chimpanzee, you share a common ancestor with them. Just like you didn't come from your 5th cousin but you share a common ancestor with them

LOL. I don't see any monkey men walking around

Is this what you think evolution says you should see? Whoever is feeding these strawman arguments to you is either just as scientifically illiterate or is lying to you. Open a text book.

and the only ones you will see are in the textbooks, which have been corrupted by your so called saviors-LOL.

We have the transition fossils. You can go to museums and see these. Which skull is a human and which one is a chimp?
hominids2_big.jpg

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Commander

A son of God.
Apr 10, 2015
Oklahoma
✟9,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I do have an understanding of biology, and I am learned in many different fields of study. A watermelon and a cloud are 97% water, are they related? There is a 3% difference in each. There is a 7% difference in the genome of the human and the monkey. If you want to be related to the monkey, so be it. That a creature has some of the same characteristics as another creature does not mean that they are kin/related, it is a sign of divine creation, if something works for one creature it will work for another creature, i.e.-arms, legs, feet, hair, fingers, fins, tails, scales, flesh etc.. But it is my intellect(thought process, speech, ethics etc.) that separates me from the animals that God has created. Where does love fit, in the theory of evolution? How did a single celled organism(zygote) learn to love?

Upvote 0

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
A watermelon and a cloud are 97% water, are they related?

Clouds are not living things and do not have DNA. I thought you said you understood biology? Clearly, you do not.

There is a 7% difference in the genome of the human and the monkey. If you want to be related to the monkey, so be it.

So will you accept a DNA test that demonstrates who your biological parents are but you won't accept that these same DNA tests show you are related to other species? We know for an absolute fact that humans and chimpanzees share a common ancestor.

If you want to be related to the monkey, so be it.

Who said I wanted to? That is just the way it is. It is a reality. You can deny it all you want, it will still be true. Most Christians accept this as well.

That a creature has some of the same characteristics as another creature does not mean that they are kin/related, it is a sign of divine creation

Comparative anatomy isn't even all that interesting. DNA is the slam dunk evidence that humans share a common ancestor with chimpanzees. Explain why endogenous retro viral insertions in your genome insert in the same place as a chimpanzee genome knowing that ERVs are passed down to offspring generation after generation.

it is a sign of divine creation

Creationism has been fully debunked. It's why it loses in court time after time. (Even when a conservative Christian judge is making the ruling). We know for a fact that species were not individually created. There is no debate about it in the scientific community (Many of whom are Christians)

But it is my intellect(thought process, speech, ethics etc.) that separates me from the animals that God has created.

A chimpanzee can beat you in a memory test. They can also rip your limbs off if you antagonize them. You aren't more evolved than them nor are you better than them. You are suited for the environment in which you live in.

Where does love fit, in the theory of evolution?

You'd have to ask an evolutionary psychologist. Humans aren't the only species that experience empathy and love. This is a red herring though. Lets stick to biology. Care to answer the ERV question above?

Upvote 0

Robert Palase

May 9, 2016
UK
✟1,434.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
To me this is so absolutely frightening.
I have got to ask Who did it and Why would they do it? if making a person think like this is done out of love it's a twisted kind of love that would make a loved one believe something like that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dougangel

Regular
Site Supporter
May 7, 2012
New Zealand
✟85,556.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The problem they have is with the word Sunrise. This is the word used in the KJV. In the Hebrew the word used is East. They claim the Bible can not be true because the Sun does not rise.
#4217 מִזְרָח mizrach {miz-rawkh'}

from H2224; TWOT - 580c; n m

—Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)

1) place of sunrise, east

1a) sunrise, east (with 'sun')

1b) the east (without 'sun')

1b1) to or toward the place of sunrise

1b2) to the east, eastward

#8121 שֶׁמֶשׁ shemesh {sheh'-mesh}

from an unused root meaning to be brilliant; TWOT - 2417a; n f/m

—Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)

1) sun

1a) sun

1b) sunrise, sun-rising, east, sun-setting, west (of direction)

1c) sun (as object of illicit worship)

1d) openly, publicly (in other phrases)

1e) pinnacles, battlements, shields (as glittering or shining)

If you look at 1a in the #4217 מִזְרָח mizrach definition. When shemesh is with mizrach it is sunrise not just the east.

In Pslms 50:1 shemesh is with mizrach. So the meaning is sunrise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,899.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What do you got? Because I can not find any sign of degenerate disease in pre historic man. This all has to do with the Noah Covenant and this is why NOAH is so important.

Rubbish, There is plenty of evidence that they suffered from a host of fatal diseases - cholera, TB etc.

TB found in 9000 year old skeleton
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/08010/08101401

Rib lesions from the early neolithic

https://www.researchgate.net/public...l_of_tuberculosis_at_the_onset_of_agriculture

As an infectious disease, tuberculosis (TB) is one of the major causes of death worldwide. Paleopathological and paleomicrobiological studies indicate a long standing association of the causative agent Mycobacterium tuberculosis and its human host. Since the occurrence and the epidemic spread of this pathogen seem to be closely linked to social and biological factors, it is of particular interest to understand better the role of TB during periods of social and nutritional change such as the Neolithic. In this study, 118 individuals from three sites in Saxony-Anhalt (Germany) dating to the Linear Pottery Culture (5400-4800 BC) were examined macroscopically to identify TB related bone lesions. In two individuals, Pott's disease was detected. In addition, periosteal reactions of varying degrees and frequency were observed mainly along the neck of the ribs in 6.5% (2/31) of subadults and 35.1% (20/57) of adults, with one site standing out markedly. Rib lesions, however, are not specific indicators of TB as they can also be caused by other diseases; so additional investigations were undertaken using histology and micro-CT scans to say more about the disease process. Supplementary molecular analyses indicate the presence of pathogens belonging to the Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex in individuals of all sites. Furthermore, we discuss the occurrence and spread of TB during the Neolithic with regard to nutritional aspects and possible risks of infection. The data presented provide important insights into the health status of Early Neolithic populations in Central Germany.

I also note that these two articles throw a spanner in the works for biblical time lines.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I do have an understanding of biology, and I am learned in many different fields of study. A watermelon and a cloud are 97% water, are they related? There is a 3% difference in each. There is a 7% difference in the genome of the human and the monkey. If you want to be related to the monkey, so be it. That a creature has some of the same characteristics as another creature does not mean that they are kin/related, it is a sign of divine creation, if something works for one creature it will work for another creature, i.e.-arms, legs, feet, hair, fingers, fins, tails, scales, flesh etc.. But it is my intellect(thought process, speech, ethics etc.) that separates me from the animals that God has created. Where does love fit, in the theory of evolution? How did a single celled organism(zygote) learn to love?
Altruistic behavior is very prevalent among animals, including bacteria. It is necessary in order to survive. Evolution depends as much on cooperation and team work, perhaps more so than on competition. Single-celled organisms are in fact social-relational beings. They group together, team up, to form higher organisms.
Your argument about similarity is irrational. If it were true, then no creature would have a genetic mechanism for heredity. You look like your parents because you inherited from them, not because if it worked for your dad, it will work for you. What will for one creature may not at all work for another, which is why we have so many species.
Animal intelligence and even plant intelligent is well documented and accepted in the scientific community.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,899.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The lack of a global flood did not prove the Bible to be wrong in the original Hebrew. The KJV is perhaps the best translation but inerrant only applies to the original Hebrew. Those who study Ancient Hebrew will tell you that every stroke has profound and universal meaning. This is why Gerold Schroeder after He got his PhD from MIT he went on to study Kubbalism.

Is the King James Version not the Bible? It's been clearly demonstrated on this thread that it's not accurate according to science - Plants before the Sun, Worldwide flood, etc.

I seem to remember you mentioning you've read the bible cover to cover on numerous occasions, can you read ancient hebrew?

Are you changing the goal posts now because your claims don't stand up to scrutiny?

You can claim that the science is wrong if you like, but you'd only be lying to yourself, the beauty of scientific discovery is that with a little education you can repeat and verify it's findings for yourself. Besides, even if you do deny any findings that contradict the bible, science still says those things so your OP is wrong.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They claim the Bible can not be true because the Sun does not rise.
That's because they're willing to tell general relativity to take a hike when it comes to interpreting the Bible.

Even my cell phone tells me when sunrise and sunset will occur.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where are you Joshua?
Ohio. I remember once we were visiting in California and a friend told me by California standards I am the most conservative person she ever knew. In this part of the country there are people more conservative then me.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
The literal interpretation of the translation. NOT the literal interpretation of the Hebrew.

It falsified both.

I did just that with the story of Noah and just what was flooded. The exact word used for what was flooded was Adamah, the land of Adam.

Genesis 7:19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered.

The high mountains were covered. This depth of water would necessarily cover most of the continents across the globe, which didn't happen.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

Science disproved a recent global flood more than 200 years ago.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
And

And the hoax that you believe in is that we all come from a rock that was rained on for millions years, which turned into a monkey and that you came from that monkey-LOL. I don't see any monkey men walking around, and the only ones you will see are in the textbooks, which have been corrupted by your so called saviors-LOL. My Rock is Jesus Christ, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. Now, I do see men walking around.

Notice that whenever people start to talk about the geologic evidence, the YEC's try to change the subject.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I seem to remember you mentioning you've read the bible cover to cover on numerous occasions, can you read ancient hebrew?
I use Strongs AND the Blue Letter Bible. That way I can look up all the passages in the Bible were the Origional Hebrew Word is used. I feel this is very important for understanding what the Bible is saying. This avoids the sort of error your making because the translation is not clear enough for you to understand the meaning and the intent of the passage.

It amazes me that you allow yourself to get suckered into Steve Wells reprobate mind trap. Allowing yourself to become a Steve Wells Minion. Can't you think for yourself? WE all agree that is absolute absurdity to say that we had plants before the Sun. Clearly that is not what the Bible say. So Steve Wells pretty much gets bit by his own snake because it is absolute absurdity to say that this is what the Bible says. Clearly this is the product of a reprobate mind. By their own twisted logic they think they are trapping others but they end up caught in their own trap. Because Steve Wells is building a straw-man argument and they he shots down his own straw-man.

"A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.

The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition (i.e. "stand up a straw man") and then to refute or defeat that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the original proposition." wiki

In other words you can not refute what I am saying. So you create a straw-man and then you refute yourself to say that your argument is wrong and in error. Pretty much all your doing is shadow boxing. Very very common on this board because there is no argument against the Bible so people have to resort to this sort of fallacy.

Upvote 0