• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Scared i sold my soul

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Kian-vg, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Athanasius377

Athanasius377 Is a little right of Atilla the Hun Supporter

+921
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Brother, there is only one Baptism. Trust the Lord always. Even if it doesn’t make sense to you. He said and that’s it. Done. As long as you were Baptized in the name of Triune God you cannot be Baptized again.

2. Toliy

Toliy New Member

+0
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    If you are born again believer, you put your trust in Jesus Christ. You are secure in His hands! don't worry and don't listen to lies of satan. Don't worry if that is a sin or not. Focus on Christ, and His grace. Jesus paid it all on the cross! May God bless you!

3. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+489
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    God looks at the heart. Our words are important but not as important as the heart. God knows that your words do not reflect the real you and He will not judge you for that. God is loving, merciful, gracious and kind. He is not looking for reasons to punish us. The short answer is no, you have not sold your soul.

4. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+489
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    So you should, if that is your desire. The word "baptise" is an anglicised version of the Greek word. It means to immerse completely. It was used to describe a sunken ship. I was sprinkled as a baby. Or so I am told. I don't remember. I certainly did not repent of my sins. I had zero involvement. When I was born again, it was because I was convicted of my sin by the power of the Holy Spirit through the preaching of the gospel. I knew that I would not be accepted by God in my sinful state. I accepted, by God's grace, His gift of eternal life through the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus. I got baptised about two years later, as a result of teaching that I received on the subject. Being baptised did not being me into the new birth. I was already born again.

5. Cis.jd

Cis.jd Well-Known Member

+784
    Catholic
    Single
    How much did you sell your soul for?

6. Kian-vg

Kian-vg New Member

+29
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Private
    For nothing is just said it accidentally

7. 1213

1213 Disciple of Jesus

+701
    Christian
    Single
    In that case I say, don’t worry. Mistakes don’t count. :)

8. Blade

Blade Veteran Supporter

+1,671
    Christian
    Married
    Its just a lie from the enemy.. that brings fear worry doubt? yeah.. ALL of that is NOT of God.. so if you think sinned in any way just confess it and He WILL forgive and cleans you from ALL unrighteousness. And smile and praise GOD! Heaven bound

9. Ashley755

Ashley755 Member

+114
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    You didn't sell your soul, love. I have OCD, so I know what it's like to have unwanted words in my mind, seemingly spoken from me, but truly not. This case is a little similar. But nonetheless, God's faithfulness and character are stronger than accidentally spoken words from one of His children and He fully understands what happened to you. You don't have to be afraid of losing Him, especially because of something that took place beyond your ability to control it. I have known God for a long time. He is not so cruel as to abandon one of His own on account of a misspoken word or two. He is kind and He is your heavenly Father and He will not leave you. Ever. Take care, alright dear? You're ok.

10. ☦Marius☦

☦Marius☦ Orthodox Hillbilly Supporter

+1,947
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    Agreed. Baptism cannot force you to live a Christian life. If you've sinned after baptism simply repent and keep obeying Christ in faith.

11. Kian-vg

Kian-vg New Member

+29
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Private
    But the bible says you first need to repent and then be baptised and as a baby I didn't reprent

12. ☦Marius☦

☦Marius☦ Orthodox Hillbilly Supporter

+1,947
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    It says repent and be Baptized rather then repent then be Baptized. Baptism brings one into the Church to allow for communion. We commune Babies so it is important they are first Baptized.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  13. charsan

charsan Charismatic Episcopal Church

+644
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yes and there is only one Baptism so if one gets Baptized as a baby they are Baptized. Anything else just gets you wet and does not matter at all.

14. Queenking

Queenking New Member

+0
    Nigeria
    Christian
    Single
    Its a slip of toungue bro,besides our GOD IS OMINISCIENCE,HE KNOWS you made a mistake.

15. Cis.jd

Cis.jd Well-Known Member

+784
    Catholic
    Single
    The technically, he didn't sell it.