✟8,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
:hi: Hello, all.

I am a member on Worthy Christian Forums. A friend of mine on WCF mentioned this place (CF) to me back in June of this year. I immediately became a member. I was extremely excited to see that there was another forum for believers; it seems this type of forum (a "christian" forum) is a rarity. I haven't been back here on CF but one time since. Life is busy for everyone, and I'm the type of person who sets aside social media (to my benefit and detriment depending on the media) when life gets to be a little too much.

So, after 5 months of being a member, I'm here to give my official and very late "hello."

I am a believer, but am not quite sure when I was saved. Praise God remembering "when" isn't part of our salvation! "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved." (Acts 16) It couldn't be any simpler than that! Thank God!

I don't deserve this "crown," but it is freely given. God has chosen me to direct glory to Him; who am I to refuse God? He has chosen me to mold me into His perfect child; I am His imperfect work of art, waiting to be made perfect in the hands of a perfect God. This process, "sanctification", won't be finished until my life on this beautiful Earth is over, but it has begun all the same.

I have often struggled with my assurance of salvation. This is often prompted by everyday anxieties and fears, and my disobedience. I now know (and strive to remind myself every day of) this truth:
"
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well." (1 John 5:1)

My father, a retired Baptist pastor and one who, in the past, also struggled with assurance of salvation, explained this truth in this way:
"Is the light on in the room? [of course, the light was] Do you remember the exact moment it was turned on? Whether or not you do, the light is on. It was turned on at some point. That light is your belief. If you have it now, then it means you started believing at some point in the past, whether you remember that exact moment or not."

I'm looking forward to the discussions and opportunities for spiritual growth this site will bring. "Hello" again and God bless you!

:whistle:

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am a believer, but am not quite sure when I was saved. Praise God remembering "when" isn't part of our salvation! "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved." (Acts 16) It couldn't be any simpler than that! Thank God!

I don't deserve this "crown," but it is freely given. God has chosen me to direct glory to Him; who am I to refuse God? He has chosen me to mold me into His perfect child; I am His imperfect work of art, waiting to be made perfect in the hands of a perfect God. This process, "sanctification", won't be finished until my life on this beautiful Earth is over, but it has begun all the same.

I have often struggled with my assurance of salvation. This is often prompted by everyday anxieties and fears, and my disobedience. I now know (and strive to remind myself every day of) this truth:

You appear to hold beautiful sentiments, Miss Eragon. Welcome back. :)

Upvote 0

BibleBeliever1611

May 3, 2020
Vantaa
✟80,648.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life." - John 6:47

So if you believe on Jesus right now, then you have everlasting life right now. Luckily God is not the author of confusion so there's nothing confusing about salvation. People just make salvation overly complicated and that's what causes people to have doubts.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Miss Eragon,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

View attachment 288738

f9a2ae5a8f29c2c1d3728c3a689d8318.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eragon1822

Jun 25, 2020
Des Moines
✟8,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to CF :wave:

I hope you enjoy being here with us , and chatting and exchanging views with our many and varied members.

I hope the same. Thank you, Anhelyna. (By the way, that is such a pretty username!)

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Eragon1822

Jun 25, 2020
Des Moines
✟8,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life." - John 6:47

So if you believe on Jesus right now, then you have everlasting life right now. Luckily God is not the author of confusion so there's nothing confusing about salvation. People just make salvation overly complicated and that's what causes people to have doubts.

That is so very true! Humans muddy up the water so to speak. God intended the Gospel message to be simple so that even a child can understand it. And so it is!

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.