Jan 12, 2007
✟136,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You a cop? it seems they're the only one's left over there to do that! well..at least that's what I assume..but you know how that goes! I listen to the Tacoma Police on my iPhone's police scanner..there's this thing you can download and it's pretty neat..you enter in web address frequencies for whatever agency you want to listen to.
Nope, I'm a pizza cook in Puyallup :)

How are the Tacoma Rainiers doing? been a while since I been to a game..That is ONE thing I can say I do miss about living in Tacoma.
Last I heard they were renovating Cheney Stadium.

Upvote 0
D

DeaneRenata

Who here is from Washington? (not the DC, lol) :thumbsup:

Looks like you and I are both Americans. People tend to get this place mixed up. There are two Washingtons, Washington dc and Washington state. You and I are both Washingtonians, meaning we are citizens of Washington State (you are right not the dc area). Can become a tongue twister. My name is Jacqueline by the way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Macarius

Progressive Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2007
The Ivory Tower
✟52,122.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Soon to be an ex-WA: I'm off to NY at the end of the month. I'll miss the Northwest. I'm looking at this incredible day outside, with big, dramatic mountains in the background and a crystal clear blue sky and mild temperatures. We pay for it with 9 months of drizzle - but man, the summers here are second to none. What incredible beauty!

Oh, and EC, there's at least ONE part of Tacoma that's pretty amazing. It's on this little gravel road on the Puyallup end of Tacoma and rings loud bells around midnight once a year or so. Is that what you mean by the good areas of Tacoma? Cause I'll miss that one.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Oh, and EC, there's at least ONE part of Tacoma that's pretty amazing. It's on this little gravel road on the Puyallup end of Tacoma and rings loud bells around midnight once a year or so. Is that what you mean by the good areas of Tacoma? Cause I'll miss that one.
I was hoping SOMEONE would catch onto that ;)

Upvote 0
D

DeaneRenata

http://www.google.com/search?q=geod...=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=67d84e51a989f2c5

Washington State is a place, its one of the states in the United States states (if I am getting my geography right). I kind of have a distaste for some or part of this land. Not to be insulting this land, but looking out of the window of my house it has reminded me of a farmer. There are so many trees (fir or pine I don't know which), a blue colored tree that I think is a blue pine of some sort, I am familiar with trees that have red-colored trunks (I think this is called the redwood). There are a lot of gray squirrels out here, I've only seen one red squirrel once. A little fellow, he had a red coat, he ran down the street and up one of my neighbor's trees. It was tempting not to want to make him my pet. My parents have a backyard, but the grasses are often tall and yellow, and look like wheat. There are plants out here that one can use for medicines, one of them is called milk thistle; it is wild and grows out on the hill where I go walking... ( -.- ) It looks like a green bulb with tiny spikes on it (if you hold it, it will poke you sort of like a cactus will). Tiny purple hairs grow out of this plant bulb. I have sort of thought in my mind that Washington State, the land was kind of plain-looking and not attractive, except for Mount Hood, which is a mountain. White snowy terrain looks attractive against an otherwise plain landscape. And Mount Saint Helens, which is another mountain up here in WA. Perhaps a few people have heard of Mount Saint Helens. Its famous for its eruptions. Some movies have been made out of it. A relative of mine own some cherry trees, she insists it will make a good pies, but I have tasted them and they are rather sour, she says that they will be sweet once you put them into pies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
D

DeaneRenata

I kind of imagined I would have lived somewhere more attractive, like California or Hawaii, although I am not from either of those places. ( -.- ) Or perhaps somewhere in Florida near Disney World. I was born in Florida, I admit I do miss that part of the U.S. I miss the tropical climate, the sunny beaches, Disney World, and NASA. Only my family moved us here to Washington State because they insisted that it was too hot in Florida and that there were too many bugs. But I do miss that place.

Upvote 0
D

DeaneRenata

I was wondering what you think about living in Washington State, I have always thought that this place was well...rather plain-looking. The weather makes the state rainy, the beaches are all muddy, (not like beautiful white pristine sandy beaches), it makes the land look unattractive. Perhaps the one thing I like about Oregon is the geodes that are from there, they are a type of rock you crack open with a hammer and inside are minerals, which can be used as a collector's item.

geode - Google Search

I am jealous of Ryan Sheckler for one reason: his heritage as a Californian. My personal opinion is that California (the golden state), is more attractive than here in Washington State. When I was 13 I traveled down there and saw Mount Shasta in the northern parts of the state, what a beautiful piece of land that was to me. I've seen pictures of hawaii as well, it is also beautiful country.

Upvote 0