Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
✟46,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to live there..(Tacoma) but sick of the ghettoness and constant shootings and such..Now living in the more quiet podunk wenatchee area

I live in south Tacoma so it's mainly rural farmland still, but I know what you mean. I actually had my cad broken into the other day parked near the city. Wenatchee seems peacefull though.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Tomo_Tsu

Japanese-American
May 1, 2011
Washington State
✟7,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I live in south Tacoma so it's mainly rural farmland still, but I know what you mean. I actually had my cad broken into the other day parked near the city. Wenatchee seems peacefull though.:thumbsup:

Oh, it's like a completely different world here in Central WA the people are nice and laid back..no big hurry for anything here..the valley is beautiful and the cascades surrounding the foothills. The winters I hear are beautiful here..not too treacherous but it can be. The Japanese population has grown quite a bit since Japan closed up shop in '08 here in WA lots of them somehow found their way over here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tomo_Tsu

Japanese-American
May 1, 2011
Washington State
✟7,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just got sick of the ghetto crap and gang banger OG crap there. it would just get worse..and everything sprayed in graffiti. Plus Wenatchee is close to Leavenworth AKA the Bavarian Village..it's pretty cool there..especially during Oktoberfest.

Upvote 0

Viren

Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
✟46,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just got sick of the ghetto crap and gang banger OG crap there. it would just get worse..and everything sprayed in graffiti. Plus Wenatchee is close to Leavenworth AKA the Bavarian Village..it's pretty cool there..especially during Oktoberfest.

I love the Levenworth area. There are some mountains nearby called the Enchantments that are full of alpine lakes, 8000-9000ft granite mountains and these white goats that you can get close enough to touch. I went hiking there a couple times....beautiful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Heh. I was from the good part of Tacoma: Westgate. My stepmom did live in Hilltop for three years and had only a few problems mostly from the punk kid neighbor. It mostly depends on where you are in Tacoma. Stadium, Old Town, Westgate, Proctor and the rest of the North End... not so bad. The rest of it is a different story.

Basically: North of 6th Ave... pretty okay.
Between 6th Ave and South 19th... eh.
90% of anything south of South 19th... crap. I personally avoid Hilltop, Portland Ave and the rest of the East Side like the plague unless I'm quickly passing through.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
@ E.C. Bottomline, you won't see me miss Tacoma let alone visit there again anytime soon..Leavenworth/Wenatchee much smaller..but also much nicer to live here.
To each their own. I just have to defend the good areas of Tacoma ya know ;)

Hi! :wave:

Upvote 0
D

DeaneRenata

Heh. I was from the good part of Tacoma: Westgate. My stepmom did live in Hilltop for three years and had only a few problems mostly from the punk kid neighbor. It mostly depends on where you are in Tacoma. Stadium, Old Town, Westgate, Proctor and the rest of the North End... not so bad. The rest of it is a different story.

Basically: North of 6th Ave... pretty okay.
Between 6th Ave and South 19th... eh.
90% of anything south of South 19th... crap. I personally avoid Hilltop, Portland Ave and the rest of the East Side like the plague unless I'm quickly passing through.

Hi do u wanna watch Benji?

Upvote 0

Tomo_Tsu

Japanese-American
May 1, 2011
Washington State
✟7,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
To each their own. I just have to defend the good areas of Tacoma ya know ;)

Hi! :wave:
You a cop? it seems they're the only one's left over there to do that! well..at least that's what I assume..but you know how that goes! I listen to the Tacoma Police on my iPhone's police scanner..there's this thing you can download and it's pretty neat..you enter in web address frequencies for whatever agency you want to listen to.

Upvote 0