1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Say WA!

Discussion in 'United States Regional Forum' started by 2401 Penitent Tangent, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Tomo_Tsu

Tomo_Tsu Japanese-American

+11
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    anyone from Tacoma or Wenatchee?

2. DeaneRenata

DeaneRenata Guest

+0
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
  3. Viren

Viren Contributor

+1,560
    Christian
    Single
    Yep, Tacoma here.

4. Tomo_Tsu

+11
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I used to live there..(Tacoma) but sick of the ghettoness and constant shootings and such..Now living in the more quiet podunk wenatchee area

5. Viren

Viren Contributor

+1,560
    Christian
    Single
    I live in south Tacoma so it's mainly rural farmland still, but I know what you mean. I actually had my cad broken into the other day parked near the city. Wenatchee seems peacefull though.:thumbsup:

6. Tomo_Tsu

+11
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Oh, it's like a completely different world here in Central WA the people are nice and laid back..no big hurry for anything here..the valley is beautiful and the cascades surrounding the foothills. The winters I hear are beautiful here..not too treacherous but it can be. The Japanese population has grown quite a bit since Japan closed up shop in '08 here in WA lots of them somehow found their way over here.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  7. Tomo_Tsu

+11
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I just got sick of the ghetto crap and gang banger OG crap there. it would just get worse..and everything sprayed in graffiti. Plus Wenatchee is close to Leavenworth AKA the Bavarian Village..it's pretty cool there..especially during Oktoberfest.

8. SyntheticPaper

SyntheticPaper the best mono-thingie guy there ever was

+462
    Lutheran
    Married
    I grew up in WA. :)

9. Viren

Viren Contributor

+1,560
    Christian
    Single
    I love the Levenworth area. There are some mountains nearby called the Enchantments that are full of alpine lakes, 8000-9000ft granite mountains and these white goats that you can get close enough to touch. I went hiking there a couple times....beautiful.

10. DeaneRenata

DeaneRenata Guest

+0
    My belly feels rather jelly.

11. E.C.

E.C. Well-Known Member

+1,078
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Heh. I was from the good part of Tacoma: Westgate. My stepmom did live in Hilltop for three years and had only a few problems mostly from the punk kid neighbor. It mostly depends on where you are in Tacoma. Stadium, Old Town, Westgate, Proctor and the rest of the North End... not so bad. The rest of it is a different story.

Basically: North of 6th Ave... pretty okay.
    Between 6th Ave and South 19th... eh.
    90% of anything south of South 19th... crap. I personally avoid Hilltop, Portland Ave and the rest of the East Side like the plague unless I'm quickly passing through.

12. Menuet

Menuet blessed by being here with you all

+814
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Hi EC:wave:

13. Tomo_Tsu

+11
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    @ E.C. Bottomline, you won't see me miss Tacoma let alone visit there again anytime soon..Leavenworth/Wenatchee much smaller..but also much nicer to live here.

14. DeaneRenata

DeaneRenata Guest

+0
    I like the trees a lot better in the fall that is when spring has passes and there are no more allergies.

15. DeaneRenata

DeaneRenata Guest

+0
    They say the allergy season stops in June. :)

16. E.C.

E.C. Well-Known Member

+1,078
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    To each their own. I just have to defend the good areas of Tacoma ya know ;)

Hi! :wave:

17. DeaneRenata

DeaneRenata Guest

+0
    Hi do u wanna watch Benji?

18. DeaneRenata

DeaneRenata Guest

+0
    It seems like the only way to get local news around here is to read the newspaper they drop on our doorsteps every morning. o.o

19. DeaneRenata

DeaneRenata Guest

+0
    Gee whiz the other poster is form Hawaii and here I sit inside of wet Washington...

20. Tomo_Tsu

+11
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    You a cop? it seems they're the only one's left over there to do that! well..at least that's what I assume..but you know how that goes! I listen to the Tacoma Police on my iPhone's police scanner..there's this thing you can download and it's pretty neat..you enter in web address frequencies for whatever agency you want to listen to.