Oct 26, 2006
Northern Centeral United States
Visit site
✟8,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Okay, I'm not really sure where to post this but I thought this may be the best place.

I am very curious about what muslims really believe since I have heard such contrasting stories lately. I could see how the enemy could be working through both stories, so I'm not sure which to believe. And how are we suppossed to reach these people if we don't even know what they believe? One thing is for sure, the enemy does have us fighting amongst ourselves simply about what the exact beliefs are - and that will certainly keep us from reaching them.

How do you know what the true history is to thier faith, and what is false propaganda? I visited an islamic site today to see what they had to say but that's biased and they didn't give the qur'an for reading. How do you decide what's true and what's lie?????:help:

3Princessmom

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
✟8,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, what I know are two conflicting stories.

One is that Muhammed (sp?) was some guy who made up the religion and picked a moon God to worship, calling it Allah. The religion is very violent, requiring or encouraging (not sure which) the killing of at least 1 Christian in thier lifetime to make it to heaven. They are very aggressive towards Christians, and hate us.

The other story I've heard is that thier religion is almost exactly like ours and they worship the same God, they just don't believe in Jesus.

The latter story, I've heard from other Christians (who don't think they need converted because they are worshipping the same God) and I've read on a website about Islam. Of course, problem is, if I believe what the Muslim religion says about thier religion, then at what point do I stop? If I believe what they say, then I should convert!

So I'm not sure how to find out the true history of what they believe, and what they truly believe and practice. I don't want propaganda, but I also don't want lies form the enemy. Thank you so much for helping me!

Upvote 0
Sep 15, 2007
✟7,634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay.

The first thing you have heard is partly correct. Allah was originally the moon god of the Arabs, however they do believe Allah to be the same as the Christian God. They don't believe that you need to kill a Christian to get into heaven however.

Muslims do believe in Jesus but in a different way to us. They call Jesus "Issa" and he is one of Islams most reveared profits. They believe that he was the messiah as predicted in the Old Testiment, however they don't believe he was the son of God or God himself. They believe that Jesus was born of a virgin and they also believe that Jesus will come in the end days to reign on Earth. They don't however believe that Jesus died on the cross or was ressurected.

Muslims believe that Muhhammed was the last profit and that the Q'uran was given to him through divine intervention.

They do have alot of similar stories to those of the Bible (such as Job, Noah etc.) however they have a different take on them as well. They trace there roots back to Abraham, claiming that Isaac was the forerunner of the Jews and Ishmael was the forerunner of the Arabs. As such they hold Ishmael in high esteem.

They believe in the profits of the Old and New Testiment as well, just with a different take on a few of them. For example, they believe that King David and King Soloman never sinned, whereas the Bible tells us that they did.

The one main issue that Christianity and Islam have with each other is basically a Paul vs Muhammed situation. Muslims claim that Paul made up what he wrote and was a false profit whereas Christians claim Muhammed to be a false profit.

That is the basics of it but I ould love to chat further about this. Do you know any Muslims?? If you do I would love to help you see them come to Christ. The main thing to remember is that as Christians we have a personal realationship with Christ, whereas the Muslims don't. Ours is a loving God, whereas Allah is vengeful.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask on the forum or PM me at anytime and I will get back to you ASAP.

God Bless

Chris

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi there! I am glad to see you have an interest in saving Muslims. I happen to spend a majority of my time around Muslims, and conveniently enough, I know quite a bit about their faith(some say I know more than some muslims do. :p) If you have any specific questions, you can PM me and ask, or ask on here, and I will try to get back to you in a timely manner with a response!

-Zilam

Upvote 0

3Princessmom

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
✟8,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you both!

ShireSalvation - That clears up a lot, thank you!

I had gotten into a discussion with a fellow member of my email prayer group, and she believes whole heartedly that they are following our God and there is no need to convert them. She says the name allah is simply the arabic name for our God, and so we are pretty much the same religion. I just knew this wasn't right, and obviously I believe no one can go to the Father except through the Son. She didn't seem to agree with me and fought vicously against me, despite me being very polite with her.

Just wondering what both of your guys' opinion is on this. In the end times, the anti-christ will bring the world under a one world religion. Do you believe this is the beginning of prepping even Christian to fall under a one world religion? It seems awfully suspicious, and that one lady was not the only one who believed that we are esentially the same religion. (never asked her why we have different Bibles, I wonder what she would've said!)

Upvote 0
M

mcastle

Your friend is partially right and really wrong. Allah is the Arabic word for God. Arabic-speaking Christians use it to refer to the Christian God.

However, just because someone calls somebody God doesn't make that person God. Muslims don't serve the same God as us.

Their god doesn't offer salvation through grace. Instead, Muslims follow prescribed rituals in an effort to satisfy their god, but they have no assurance they will be saved. Right now, it's Ramadan, a month when Muslims fast every day from daybreak until nighttime in an effort to purify themselves and maybe gain a few more salvation "points." Their daily prayers, pilgrimage to Mecca, and other rituals are for the same goal - trying to appease Allah so they might be saved. They have no assurance of salvation, no matter how good they do. It's a terrible way to live!

Muslims can call their god Allah if they want, but he isn't the true Allah (God).

If you want to learn more about Islam and Christianity, I suggest reading "The Cross and the Crescent: Understanding the Muslim Heart and Mind" by Phil Parshall.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your friend is partially right and really wrong. Allah is the Arabic word for God. Arabic-speaking Christians use it to refer to the Christian God.

However, just because someone calls somebody God doesn't make that person God. Muslims don't serve the same God as us.

Their god doesn't offer salvation through grace. Instead, Muslims follow prescribed rituals in an effort to satisfy their god, but they have no assurance they will be saved. Right now, it's Ramadan, a month when Muslims fast every day from daybreak until nighttime in an effort to purify themselves and maybe gain a few more salvation "points." Their daily prayers, pilgrimage to Mecca, and other rituals are for the same goal - trying to appease Allah so they might be saved. They have no assurance of salvation, no matter how good they do. It's a terrible way to live!

Muslims can call their god Allah if they want, but he isn't the true Allah (God).

If you want to learn more about Islam and Christianity, I suggest reading "The Cross and the Crescent: Understanding the Muslim Heart and Mind" by Phil Parshall.

During Ramadan, if they fast the whole time faithfully, they are told they will be forgiven of their sins of the previous year. Also, their idea of salvation is based on scales of justice. If they have more good deeds than bad, then they are pretty certain of gaining Jannah when they die. Finally, don't forget that martyrs for Islam are thought to recieve Jannah immediatly.

Upvote 0

oddchild

Sep 23, 2003
middle east
Visit site
✟377.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

I have been a missionary in the middle east since 2003. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.... :)

Islam is a violent religion. Muslims for the most part, are not. However, Islam does command that if anyone leaves Islam they are to be killed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hiumble1

Jan 18, 2005
NC
Visit site
✟16,102.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can ask them about Moses.. and the 10 commandments... explaining sin.
Once they understand what sin is and that they will be guilty before God then comes the fork in the road....
Reason.....
If they do good to outweigh the bad how are they weighed?... what if they miss something?...
You see God did not want us to do anything... First so he gets the glory (but also, so we wouldnt screw it up... he took it out of our hands)
By putting in place a substitute. Punishment is placed upon Jesus (as told in Old Testament)... we are free to go on the day of judgement not because of anything Good we did, but because Jesus paid the fine... We must repent (sin no more) and place our faith and trust in Jesus...
Now they will say there are errors in the bible that it is corrupt (since who knows when), the only problem with that premise: would have to gather up ALL of the BIbles and issue new corrupt Bibles, Also, in order to make a claim that the Bible is corrupt you must have an incorruptable version of the Bible (they do not) to relate.
They will also point to denominations and Mary worship among Catholics....
If they truly how Islam was formed they would bomb stuff for those speaking ill against (even if it is the truth)... Apparently Mohamed initially thought it was Satan that was speaking to him and not God, his wife said it was god... His message changed when he spent time in two different regions in the Middle East, one of peace and then one of violence... Those that do not take the Koran at what it says is the truth are 'false muslims' (just like Christianity)

There are alot of good sites...
I believe you got some good input already...
http://www.kimo4jesus.org/
This is a friend of mine who was inprisoned for his beliefs in muslim countries... HE is not like at all (and periodically get lawsuits filed against him) by CAIR.
HE funds outreaches in overseas areas for reaching Muslims and helping Christians in Muslim Countries.

Upvote 0

Micah68

Discerning
Aug 8, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟9,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, I'm not really sure where to post this but I thought this may be the best place.

I am very curious about what muslims really believe since I have heard such contrasting stories lately. I could see how the enemy could be working through both stories, so I'm not sure which to believe. And how are we suppossed to reach these people if we don't even know what they believe? One thing is for sure, the enemy does have us fighting amongst ourselves simply about what the exact beliefs are - and that will certainly keep us from reaching them.

How do you know what the true history is to thier faith, and what is false propaganda? I visited an islamic site today to see what they had to say but that's biased and they didn't give the qur'an for reading. How do you decide what's true and what's lie?????:help:

Here is a wonderful Christian site run by Christians who have worked a missionaries in the Middle East. You are wise to be cautious. As Christians we have been given the best criteria to follow, 'Love they neighbor as our self'.

http://www.rca.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?&pid=2629

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bereanman

Aug 19, 2007
✟7,645.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have found that sharing the gospel with them is most effective when you talk about being a good person and can a man live his whole life without sinning vrs. the ultimate and perfect sacrifice for sin Jesus was,share the law and how it was replaced by grace.
Also I have found it effective to ask if Islam believes in the Prophet Jesus why does it not believe what the Prophet says? and then share with them what he did say about who He is and why he had come.
Remember as most Christians have never read their book so most have not read the Bible, they will claim they believe or disbelieve certain things about it which is a great place to begin revealing the truth .
They like most false religions are tough to convince but plant the seeds and ask God to pour out His living waters on them that they may grow.

Upvote 0

Rogiback

Dec 8, 2007
Taiwan
✟15,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
About reacing out to Muslims... it is nice to see some good feedback on the subject. I have been working in Asia as a missionary for quite a few years and I feel blessed to have led some Muslims to Jesus. I find that Muslims can be closer to understanding the true God of the Bible, because they believe in absolutes, where many people in the west, even some Christians struggle with the idea of an absolute God. Our view and understanding of the true God must be the foundation of our faith. Jesus said, "This is eternal life, that we may know You, the only true God and Jesus Christ who You have sent" (John 17:3). Of course we can only know truly know the One True God of the Bible through our relationship with Jesus, for it is our sins and selfishness that separates us from God. But once we have repented from our sins and we begin to grow in the true knowledge of God, through reading His word and growing with Him in the Spirit, we are able to reflect the true God. I find that Muslims are very faithful when it comes to obeying the laws of God, but they have no understanding of His true character or grace. But they are aware of their sins and when they understand that Jesus died to take away that sin, so that they could come boldly to God, to truly understand Him and know Him, they become much more interested. I think that the main thing is for us to be so filled with the true knoweldge of God, through understanding our Bible and walking through the power of His Spirit, then God can break through the hardness of any heart. I'm not the greatest communicator, so I welcome any feedback in areas where my thoughts are not clear.

Upvote 0

Rogiback

Dec 8, 2007
Taiwan
✟15,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I was working in Thailand, as a missionary 15 years ago, my friend led a Muslim young man to Jesus. It was so beautiful to see this young mans love for God through his relationship with Jesus. He was 18 years old and he wanted to be baptized to show God and the world that he was fully committed to Jesus. He was beaten up by his family and his father said that he would kill him if he was ever baptized. So, my friend tried to persuade him to do it sometime in the future, but the new Christian wanted to do it for Jesus at any cost. Well, he was baptized and less than one week later he was killed by his own father. I know this seems like a sad ending, but in the eternal scope of things it was a real beautiful testimony to the true God. We saw a breakthrough in the Muslim community after this, because of this young mans faithfulness to Jesus.

Upvote 0

Micah68

Discerning
Aug 8, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟9,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
About reacing out to Muslims... it is nice to see some good feedback on the subject. I have been working in Asia as a missionary for quite a few years and I feel blessed to have led some Muslims to Jesus. I find that Muslims can be closer to understanding the true God of the Bible, because they believe in absolutes, where many people in the west, even some Christians struggle with the idea of an absolute God. Our view and understanding of the true God must be the foundation of our faith. Jesus said, "This is eternal life, that we may know You, the only true God and Jesus Christ who You have sent" (John 17:3). Of course we can only know truly know the One True God of the Bible through our relationship with Jesus, for it is our sins and selfishness that separates us from God. But once we have repented from our sins and we begin to grow in the true knowledge of God, through reading His word and growing with Him in the Spirit, we are able to reflect the true God. I find that Muslims are very faithful when it comes to obeying the laws of God, but they have no understanding of His true character or grace. But they are aware of their sins and when they understand that Jesus died to take away that sin, so that they could come boldly to God, to truly understand Him and know Him, they become much more interested. I think that the main thing is for us to be so filled with the true knoweldge of God, through understanding our Bible and walking through the power of His Spirit, then God can break through the hardness of any heart. I'm not the greatest communicator, so I welcome any feedback in areas where my thoughts are not clear.

Wow! Well done, So simple and clearly said. As a Christian, a follower of Christ, I know of no other way to share God's inclusive love than to love our neighbors (no matter whom they might be) as our self.

Upvote 0