Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are folk going about saying that the Lord is their shepherd when in reality he isn't because people praying for the best while in the back of their mind dreading the worst, are casting a vote of no-confidence in Christ to protect his sheep from loss even though he says that will never happen.

John 10:7-9 . . Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. By me if any man enter in, he shall be saved.

Shepherds that lose sheep do not qualify for the "good" rating because they're unreliable; but Jesus claimed to comply with his Father's will not just some of the time, nor even most of the time, but all the time.

John 8:29 . . I do always those things that please Him.

So then; were the good shepherd to lose even one head of the sheep that God entrusted to his care, he would not be able to honestly say that he "always" pleases Him.

The sheep's confidence then, is resting upon Christ's head-strong determination to satisfy his Father's expectations.

John 4:34 . . My food-- said Jesus --is to do the will of him who sent me.

John 6:38 . .I have come down from heaven to do the will of Him who sent me.

John 4:38 . . .This is the will of Him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that He has given me.
_

• Agree
Reactions: Mr. M

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
John 10:7-9 . . Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. By me if any man enter in, he shall be saved.
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them
out of My hand.
29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch
them out of My Father’s hand.
30 I and My Father are one.

John 14:1. Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Jesus promises that He will "keep" us, but He never says we will be without hardship and in fact, Jesus says the opposite.

I don't know if this is something that disagrees with your point or not. I get the impression that you were trying to say that Jesus will always "keep" His flock, but you didn't mention the trials that come with being a Christian.

Upvote 0