England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
... ; and everything that is not from faith is sin.
That is also about making religious practice sinful.

Many church officers and officials devalue both regeneration in the Holy Spirit and Holy Spirit power (strength) in works, and say we mustn't perform works of Holy Spirit strength especially supplicating, to affirm each others' gifts and integrity. That means their very preac hing and teaching is sinful (but if they were taught by someone else to teach like that, far less so), because they have held so many Christians back and made us uncertain of our assurance, our calling, the work of Holy Spirit, and our way of life.

This ties in with several of your questions.

The very simple remedy of course is that we can go on ahead of our church leaders (if need be) in believing all the meanings of Scriptures (if we have sufficient guidance what these are). If they are honest they will be grateful for our example. So will any fellow congregants we mix with.

We don't need to be church bosses to be in charge of the state and scope of our belief: but many will be glad to help you. Just keep asking Our Lord for help in all this. Check with others about what comes first, as I am specifically not an evangelist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is also about making religious practice sinful.

Many church officers and officials devalue both regeneration in the Holy Spirit and Holy Spirit power (strength) in works, and say we mustn't perform works of Holy Spirit strength especially supplicating, to affirm each others' gifts and integrity. That means their very preac hing and teaching is sinful (but if they were taught by someone else to teach like that, far less so), because they have held so many Christians back and made us uncertain of our assurance, our calling, the work of Holy Spirit, and our way of life.

This ties in with several of your questions.

The very simple remedy of course is that we can go on ahead of our church leaders (if need be) in believing all the meanings of Scriptures (if we have sufficient guidance what these are). If they are honest they will be grateful for our example. So will any fellow congregants we mix with.

We don't need to be church bosses to be in charge of the state and scope of our belief: but many will be glad to help you. Just keep asking Our Lord for help in all this. Check with others about what comes first, as I am specifically not an evangelist.
only the Father can reveal the Son ... all else is of labor ... as in the gospel of the serpent ...

• Agree
Reactions: OldAbramBrown
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I talked to one Christian lady and she said that when you are truly saved and born again, you get a new heart.
She said she is no longer inclined to sin. That she was Born Again of the Spirit.
That sounds like quite claim to me!

* Is that the experience of most people here?

* If you are still struggling... does that mean your aren't really saved.. not born of the Spirit?

It's not the experience any person has.

The Christian life in this world of sin is struggle.

A person who tells me they never struggle with sin is a person who is living in spiritual delusion and is in desperate need of repentance and the spiritual healing of the Gospel.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

OldAbramBrown

Jul 4, 2023
England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It's not the experience any person has.

The Christian life in this world of sin is struggle.

A person who tells me they never struggle with sin is a person who is living in spiritual delusion and is in desperate need of repentance and the spiritual healing of the Gospel.

-CryptoLutheran
It's not a helpless struggle. It's diligence with assurance. I've noticed how during my lifetime, the doctrine of assurance has become abolished in all churches as Holy Spirit belief got done away with (even by pretend charismatics).

It's worth asking that lady to explain more, as she may have been inarticulate or speaking in shorthand. We've all got to help each other out now in exploring the whole Gospel and not just a fragment of it, newcomers and old timers alike.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not a helpless struggle. It's diligence with assurance. I've noticed how during my lifetime, the doctrine of assurance has become abolished in all churches as Holy Spirit belief got done away with (even by pretend charismatics).

It's worth asking that lady to explain more, as she may have been inarticulate or speaking in shorthand. We've all got to help each other out now in exploring the whole Gospel and not just a fragment of it, newcomers and old timers alike.
Galatians 1: 6-8

should one explore this you will find the first time "this other gospel" ( which is not another ) is mentioned ... it was by a serpent who to this day is still wrongfully accused of lying ...

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I talked to one Christian lady and she said that when you are truly saved and born again, you get a new heart.
She said she is no longer inclined to sin. That she was Born Again of the Spirit.
That sounds like quite claim to me!

* Is that the experience of most people here?

* If you are still struggling... does that mean your aren't really saved.. not born of the Spirit?
First one needs to understand sin.

Sin is the transgression of God’s law 1 John 3:4 and the law that points to sin is the Ten Commandments Romans 7:7 found in Exodus 20.

The issue is the heart, Paul talks about the struggle of the flesh (sin) versus walking in Christ, in Romans 6-8 and showing what it looks like to gain victory Romans 8:4-8 The commandments are like a mirror so we know what not to do and it shows our need for Jesus. Through Jesus Christ He can give us a new heart that will enable us to keep His commandments John 14:15-18. If you see sin in your life, we are living in the New Covenant so instead of sacrificing an animal for sins, we can go directly to Jesus who is our Hight Priest and Mediator and we can go to Him for repentance and confession 1 John 1:9 Repentance means a change in direction- give you sins to Jesus, confess them and ask His help to overcome and in return He can give us a new heart, which is what the New Covenant is about- God’s law in our hearts and minds Heb 8:10, Jer 31:33. God bless!

Upvote 0