Los Angeles Area
✟830,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Initially, the state of Indiana wouldn’t allow Satanic Planet to play the Indiana capitol until The Satanic Temple’s lawyer reminded government officials about a Christian event led by Sean Feucht.

Lasting more than an hour, the May event inside the capitol included Feucht praying over Indiana Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch, who’s now running for Indiana governor.

Critics of Feucht (pronounced Foyt) and his “Let Us Worship” tour of the country say he’s a Christian nationalist working to turn America into a theocracy.

So the building where devout Christian and former Vice President Mike Pence served as governor will also now become the venue for Satanic Planet.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Posters up!

(further deets.)

1694194491840.png

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Personally, I would not want this band to play at any state capitol. Not because of the satanic thing, but because they are not very good at all, and there are no harmonies - no singing. I hate to admit it but their 'singing' is worse than Bob Dylan!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Personally, I would not want this band to play at any state capitol. Not because of the satanic thing, but because they are not very good at all, and there are no harmonies - no singing. I hate to admit it but their 'singing' is worse than Bob Dylan!

Wait, what's wrong with Bob Dylan's singing? I like Bob Dylan.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

-CryptoLutheran
Lots of people dont like his nasally voice. But his actual singing is really quite good, i think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The first song on their website has some awesome drumming.

Which song? I didn’t hear anything noteworthy and was honestly surprised to see Dave Lombardo being associated with it, because a lot of it is amateurish. The Satanic Planet song was just one drum loop sample copy-pasted for most of the song.

-CryptoLutheran
It depends on what sort of singing you’re looking for. He doesn’t have proper vocal technique by the standards of classical voice teachers. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of his voice. It’s okay most of the time, but he can lean into that thing he does, it can be too much.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,338.00
Faith
Atheist
Which song? I didn’t hear anything noteworthy and was honestly surprised to see Dave Lombardo being associated with it, because a lot of it is amateurish. The Satanic Planet song was just one drum loop sample copy-pasted for most of the song.

It depends on what sort of singing you’re looking for. He doesn’t have proper vocal technique by the standards of classical voice teachers. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of his voice. It’s okay most of the time, but he can lean into that thing he does, it can be too much.
I guess I was thinking more of "Baphomet" directly below the Satanic Planet cartoon, but I will cop to liking the drum loop on that. However, I did listen to only about 30 seconds.

As to differently singing (to chime in) I've learned to accept that different genres of music require different modes of singing. To compare Pavarotti to Clapton is a category error. One is better than the other; they simply are doing different things. I showed the following video to my FIL and he went on about P being better than C and I replied that they are simply different. Similarly comparing Nergal to Dylan to Bartoli suggests to me that one doesn't understand music.

I picked those 2 because of this awesome duet with the two of them:

Upvote 0