✟83,603.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 22:

1 Now the Feast of Unleavened Bread drew near, which is called the Passover. 2 And the chief priests and the scribes were seeking how to put him to death, for they feared the people.
3 Then Satan entered into Judas called Iscariot, who was of the number of the twelve.
What's the spiritual dynamic here?

Satan entered into Judas' human spirit and took control/possession of him from there.

4 He went away and conferred with the chief priests and officers how he might betray him to them. 5 And they were glad, and agreed to give him money. 6 So he consented and sought an opportunity to betray him to them in the absence of a crowd.
Later in John 13:

2 During supper, when the devil had already put it into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, to betray him,
recounting the earlier incident

27 Then after he had taken the morsel, Satan entered into him.
Satan once again possessed Judas.

Jesus said to him, “What you are going to do, do quickly.”
Without making a fuss, Judas left the Passover table.

30 So, after receiving the morsel of bread, he immediately went out. And it was night.

Reactions: Mark Quayle

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tempted him, put the evil thought in him and made it seem like something good. To force His hand to be king and use His power to defeat Rome and make Israel the world power or something.

you seem conservative with the issues you present and the ones I’ve read you defend sound truth. Is this where you are at? I always think ‘asked and answered‘ like court. What is your purpose to be honest and personal. God is personal with us, are you?

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,603.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I try to be objective, not conservative.

Sometimes.

are you a liberal then? Or the middle path? I think objectivity is a good trait to have. That is the ‘middle path’.
a Christian 24/7 admirable. Do you vote? Not to hijack your thread, but Christians are also loving and kind as well as defenders of the faith. What if I was trying to make a friend………..

jesus was the friend of Judas, He knew his thoughts and intents and Judas was useful to Him. The strange ways of God. Judas heard all His messages and saw all his miracles. Was he a half way Christian or worse carnal? He was a manipulator and was using Jesus support for both good and evil. He wasn’t coming along like the other disciples in faith. Always busy never there at the right times, having his carnal life, harboring sin.

he must have been arrogant to think he knew Jesus purpose and to try to make him use His survival instinct. He played right into Jesus hand. He was definitely sovereign in Judas’ life. Judas was open to the evil one, on the fringes of faith. Judas was a vehicle, His betrayal was engineered we might call it. Judas had his blessings in the world.

lots of people are half way Christians but don’t go that far. I find to be able to love and be humble is largely avoided. Only in their own circles. Heaven will be the ultimate fellowship. This is all about Jesus way and love and betrayal. I am definitely learning to love my enemies. But where are all Jesus friends. Too busy? Tending to life? Business as usual? We learn to love impersonal or contrary people but only a few have the love of Christ.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,603.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
are you a liberal then? Or the middle path? I
Good questions. To be precise, I am neither liberal nor conservative nor the middle of the road. I try to stick to what is most logical and biblical wherever it falls.

Do you vote?
Yes, I live in Toronto. I voted recently on the city mayor.

What if I was trying to make a friend………..
I welcome friendships.

Was he a half way Christian or worse carnal?
See Was Judas Iscariot saved? and follow up there :)

I am definitely learning to love my enemies. But where are all Jesus friends. Too busy? Tending to life? Business as usual? We learn to love impersonal or contrary people but only a few have the love of Christ.
Great point, in fact, I confess that I was like that. Now my kids are grown and I am retired, I spend more time to devote myself to God and loving people.

Upvote 0