Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Auntie_Belle_Um

No davo, you can't run away from my question:

"Can someone have faith in a false prophet? I can't have any faith in a false prophet, can you?"

You don't have faith in a false prophet. Jesus is a true prophet. Whether you believe in fulfilled eschatology or not can not change that fact.

You are implying that ones eschatological belief can render Christ himself a false prophet.

That assertion is simply false.
Your circular argument goes nowhere.

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
No davo, you can't run away from my question:

"Can someone have faith in a false prophet? I can't have any faith in a false prophet, can you?"

No one is running anywhere. Plenty of people can, and do have faith in false prophets -this is not new. I for one don't, as I trust Jesus -how about you?

davo

PS: where do "you" see the devil and his minions?

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by davo

No one is running anywhere. Plenty of people can, do and have faith in false prophets -this is not new. I for don't, as I trust Jesus -how about you?

davo

You're not understanding the question. "Can someone BELIEVE that Jesus is a false prophet, and STILL have FAITH in Him??"

How can anyone have faith in that which they believe to be false?

Upvote 0

franklin

Sexed up atheism = Pantheism
May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So far I've seen a variety of comments in response to this thread I started, however, I have yet to see any of the futurists that have replied answer any of the questions regarding this subject.... I'll repeat a couple of them if I may . . . .

Did Jesus come to bind Satan and destroy his power or not?
A simple question!

Would it disturb you to know that Satan can have no power over you?
This one might do away with all those spiritual warfare seminars!

Is it frightening to know there is no demon possession?
This one is really great... you won't hear, well, Satan put this thought in my mind or that thought! Oh my! I might have to be accountable for my own actions?

now for my last question & this one might really hurt!
Do you believe anything Jesus has said in His word at all?
Or should I listen to some self made theologian who will try to tell us what the bible is really saying and not take the initiative to search the scriptures myself?
Should I place the creeds over the scriptures? Does it really matter what the scriputes are really saying or should I rely on orthodoxy instead? I will continue to follow the scriptures brothers and sisters!

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You're not understanding the question. "Can someone BELIEVE that Jesus is a false prophet, and STILL have FAITH in Him??"

How can anyone have faith in that which they believe to be false?

They can't. You are absolutely correct. We finally agree. :clap: It is impossible to have faith in something you "believe" to be false.

Next question?

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by parousia70

They can't. You are absolutely correct. We finally agree. :clap: It is impossible to have faith in something you "believe" to be false.

Next question?

YAAAAA!!!! We agree!!!!:clap:

Next question: If someone does NOT believe that Jesus was resurrected from the dead, and yet they call Him Savior because of the work on the cross, is that person saved?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

YAAAAA!!!! We agree!!!!:clap:

Next question: If someone does NOT believe that Jesus was resurrected from the dead, and yet they call Him Savior because of the work on the cross, is that person saved?

The Bible says Jesus Died on the cross.

The Bible says Jesus rose from the dead.

Any "bible believing Christian" believes in both events.

I have never come acros anyone who trusts the Bible on the "cross work" but does not trust the same Bible on the 3rd day rising.

Have you?

If someone like that exists, far beit for me to claim I know whether or not they are "saved". I don't know.
Do you?
I am confident God knows exactly what to do with that person however.

Next question?.....

Upvote 0
Well reading this topic is certainly interesting I'll say that. Just thought I would add my two pence or cents worth, on the topic of being saved; We are all saved !!

Do you honestly think God would chose one person over another? Do you honestly think that even his chosen people will miss the boat just because they do not believe in Jesus?

I believe in a loving God, a God who treats everyone equally. We are all his children and so when death finally comes like a thief in the night to take us to the judgement place I believe that we will be the ones doing the judging as God is a loving Father who knows that we are our own worst critics and so to save anyone being able to say they were judged unfairly regardless of which top person is doing it what better person to do the judging but ourselves!

Anyway its just my view and I know that others may disagree but hey we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by ksasnic
Well reading this topic is certainly interesting I'll say that. Just thought I would add my two pence or cents worth, on the topic of being saved; We are all saved !!

Do you honestly think God would chose one person over another? Do you honestly think that even his chosen people will miss the boat just because they do not believe in Jesus?

Well not according to God Himfelf-Jesus Then they said to Him, "What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?" Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent." (John 6:29) Jesus does not seem to agree with you here.

Jesus seems to have the funny idea that people must believe on Him in order to be saved. I'll stick with the words of God because He knows what he is talking about on this subject.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums