Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It hit me between the eyes.
Luke 22 verse31 onwards.

That is a powerful verse indeed. Look at the implications. My first emotion is shame. At how faith often fails. How much I witness Jesus's precious name being trashed as a swearword and I say nothing, though I flinch.
So Satan wanted to sift the disciples. See what they were made of. Jesus put himself between the devil and these beloved souls. Knowing they were not up to being sifted in the merciless way the devil planned.
We are sifted are we not, by the trials we endure. Does our faith fail?
So Jesus addresses Simon, Simon, twice. Knowing Simon would fail but lovingly giving him a safety net - that when he had repented, he was to strengthen others.

I take so much from these few lines. Failure is inevitable for us, for we are weak. It is our repentance the Lord wants and the devil hopes we do not have. To not give up but to always return to Christ and no other. Oh blessed Lord, always still here for us no matter how bad we are. The way nobody else ever can be.

Have I understood the verse? No doubt you can add your thoughts please. Help each other understand what we must do to obey Christ our Redeemer and thwart the devil who would sift us.