Sarah Huckabee Sanders says Trump told her ‘take one for the team’ after Kim Jong Un winked at her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I haven't judged you at all nor have I said you "have to be [my] kind of Christian". I've simply asked questions. Your reaction to my questions is incredibly over-defensive and you're revealing what's in your mind, which itself is very telling, moreso than your actual words..

Look, if you think making off-color jokes is honoring to God then say so, own it. Just give that answer. Instead, you're trying to couch your non-answer into some kind of "don't judge me! wahh!" defensive reaction. It's very telling that you're trying to double down on believing that off-color jokes honor God while being upset about being asked about it. If it were really OK with you then you wouldn't be so defensive and avoiding the answer.

This is the pattern I've seen among Trump supporters, though, so it's par for the course.

And "Chill"? LOL - I'm not the one on the defensive, here...perhaps you should try to "chill" and own your own positions instead of trying to hide them.

I don't find that making off-color jokes about consenting adults fornicating is pleasing or honoring to God in any way. You told me there are times when it is appropriate and I asked for examples, yet you got more defensive. I think we all understand your "answer" by now (and we're not surprised).
Of course I am going to be defensive and reactive to someone who takes the fact that I said I have laughed at the expression taking one for the team and I have also used it myself, a negation of my Christian faith, of all my morality, and an affront to God.

What else do you expect?

Laughter is good for the soul. I don't plan on living a humorless life because of your own vision of what I can laugh at.

Instead of sermoning me on and on, dragging the men in my life into this, and all sort of spurious arguments and personal attacks on my personal faith, why don't you pray for me instead? That would give you better chances of success if you are trying to achieve something. Unless of course you don't believe in the power of prayer.

You know what, I will pray for you, my brother!

Have a truly blessed day!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My "joke" is satire, not a joke. It highlights the foolishness of those who reject doing something to save the lives of others because of their own selfish and idolatrous reasons. I'm 100% certain God is honored by the message. Feel free to show me how satirizing those who disregard the lives and health of others is against God's Word (but you can't).

So are you 100% certain that God likes your off-color jokes about fornication and adultery, the jokes you gladly and freely boast that you make???

Satire is defined as the use of humour, irony or exaggeration to make a point. When I first saw your siggy, i chuckled, thinking it was funny, but since you deny there was any humor in your poster, let's look at the rest. I can see a false testimony against Obama, which is more than an exageration, it is a complete lie, but one that is probably believed by some, so you are actively helping spread a lie. a clear breach of the 9th commendment.

Apparently, you go through life 100% certain that God approves of all your actions. And you are 100% certain God disapproves of mine.

Must be nice to be 100% certain of what God thinks.

Have a blessed day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course I am going to be defensive and reactive to someone who takes the fact that I said I have laughed at the expression taking one for the team and I have also used it myself, a negation of my Christian faith, of all my morality, and an affront to God.
Yes, of course you are! Only one problem... I never did that. I never said that your making and laughing at off-color jokes was "a negation of [your] Christian faith, all of [your] morality, and an affront to God."

If I said any of those things please show me where I did. I never addressed your Christian faith or morality.

What I did do was I asked you questions about what you believe about making off-color jokes about fornication and adultery and whether you think that's glorifying to God when you do that. You said you do it, you are dodging answering whether you think it's glorifying to God. You are now being over-defensive again and in doing so you're revealing your guilty conscience. I never made any judgment on you and you're saying that you're being defensive because you claim that I did. That's just your guilty conscience at work.

I'm just asking what you think and why, and instead of answering what I'm actually asking, you're being defensive against things I never said. It's all very revealing about what is in your mind and heart.

What else do you expect?
Answers to the questions I asked instead of defensiveness against the judgement you are imagining that I have passed on you.

Laughter is good for the soul. I don't plan on living a humorless life because of your own vision of what I can laugh at.
Laughter and humor are not the issue here, though. The issue is WHAT makes you laugh. Off-color jokes make you laugh, as you've admitted. Yet you say jokes about rape and child molestation are not funny to you. Why? If it's just about humor and laughter and off-color subject matter has nothing to do with it then why do you not laugh at funny rape and child molestation jokes?

I expect you won't answer that question either, but I can answer it for you. The reason is that when you find something morally reprehensible you don't find it funny. But when you don't have moral problems with what's being said then you can laugh about it. I don't laugh when people make off-color jokes because I find nothing funny about it, because to do so would not be to the glory of God.

Instead of sermoning me on and on, dragging the men in my life into this, and all sort of spurious arguments and personal attacks on my personal faith, why don't you pray for me instead? That would give you better chances of success if you are trying to achieve something. Unless of course you don't believe in the power of prayer.
What makes you think I don't pray for you? That's quite an assumption.

It's odd that you try to leverage this discussion which we're having on a forum specifically for discussion and argument such as this as a reason to be offended by me. If you don't like the discussion then leave it, it's that simple. I'm engaged in it because I have a point and I'm making it.

You know what, I will pray for you, my brother!

Have a truly blessed day!
Every day is a truly blessed day for me, but thanks anyway. And why wouldn't you pray for me? Why the big announcement? Is praying for someone something that you think is special and to be announced? Or did you just decide now to pray for me and you weren't going to pray for me before this? Interesting, very revealing.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Satire is defined as the use of humour, irony or exaggeration to make a point. When I first saw your siggy, i chuckled, thinking it was funny, but since you deny there was any humor in your poster, let's look at the rest.
Except, of course, that I never said there wasn't any humor in my post. I said it was satire and not "a joke". There is a difference. Still, satire relies heavily on humor, while not simply being "a joke". But you are looking desperately for a way to argue with me so you're making things up.

I can see a false testimony against Obama, which is more than an exageration, it is a complete lie, but one that is probably believed by some, so you are actively helping spread a lie. a clear breach of the 9th commendment.
If you study up on satire and parody you'll know that using made-up information for such purposes is not "lying" but rather the way the device works.

Apparently, you go through life 100% certain that God approves of all your actions. And you are 100% certain God disapproves of mine.
No, not all of my actions, but certainly those things that I can check in God's Word. But again, you're making a reach to judge me and criticize me because you're angry at me and trying desperately to argue over something. I guess the conversation about off-color jokes, where I have only asked you questions and posited my thoughts on the topic, struck a nerve with you so you're trying hard to find something to attack me on.

But it won't work because you're way off base. Keep going though, I'll continue to show where you're completely off base.

Must be nice to be 100% certain of what God thinks.
It is very nice to know it. But I don't claim that it's some kind of special ability that only I have. ANYONE who can read or hear the Word of God can know it.

When you read God's Word, what do you think He thinks about off-color jokes being made by those who profess to be His Children? Do you think those jokes glorify Him, based on what His Word says? Do you believe, based on God's Word, that Trump glorified God by saying what he said to a married woman who reports directly to him? Are you 100% certain that Trump's off-color joke was glorifying to God and can you back that with God's Word??

Those are the questions you still refuse to answer. And I'm sure I know why, but I will continue to give you the chance to answer.

Have a blessed day.
I have a blessed day EVERY day. This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, of course you are! Only one problem... I never did that. I never said that your making and laughing at off-color jokes was "a negation of [your] Christian faith, all of [your] morality, and an affront to God."

If I said any of those things please show me where I did. I never addressed your Christian faith or morality.

What I did do was I asked you questions about what you believe about making off-color jokes about fornication and adultery and whether you think that's glorifying to God when you do that. You said you do it, you are dodging answering whether you think it's glorifying to God. You are now being over-defensive again and in doing so you're revealing your guilty conscience. I never made any judgment on you and you're saying that you're being defensive because you claim that I did. That's just your guilty conscience at work.

I'm just asking what you think and why, and instead of answering what I'm actually asking, you're being defensive against things I never said. It's all very revealing about what is in your mind and heart.

Answers to the questions I asked instead of defensiveness against the judgement you are imagining that I have passed on you.

Laughter and humor are not the issue here, though. The issue is WHAT makes you laugh. Off-color jokes make you laugh, as you've admitted. Yet you say jokes about rape and child molestation are not funny to you. Why? If it's just about humor and laughter and off-color subject matter has nothing to do with it then why do you not laugh at funny rape and child molestation jokes?

I expect you won't answer that question either, but I can answer it for you. The reason is that when you find something morally reprehensible you don't find it funny. But when you don't have moral problems with what's being said then you can laugh about it. I don't laugh when people make off-color jokes because I find nothing funny about it, because to do so would not be to the glory of God.

What makes you think I don't pray for you? That's quite an assumption.

It's odd that you try to leverage this discussion which we're having on a forum specifically for discussion and argument such as this as a reason to be offended by me. If you don't like the discussion then leave it, it's that simple. I'm engaged in it because I have a point and I'm making it.

Every day is a truly blessed day for me, but thanks anyway. And why wouldn't you pray for me? Why the big announcement? Is praying for someone something that you think is special and to be announced? Or did you just decide now to pray for me and you weren't going to pray for me before this? Interesting, very revealing.
:scratch:

I am not going to read alladat!

Your fascination and obsession with my faith on the political forum section based on a comment about finding "taking one for the team" funny is very puzzling to me and borderline offensive. I am not going to entertain you further. But carry on with your sermonizing if that makes your day. You obviously need some fun in your life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,705.00
Country
United States
Faith