United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Exekiel 28:13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone adorned you: carnelian, chrysolite and emerald, topaz, onyx and jasper, lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl. Your settings and mountings were made of gold; on the day you were created they were prepared.

I have often wondered what Ezekiel is saying about the King of Tyre, like, was the King of Tyre and inherited position since birth and all this wealth was revealed in the jewelry prepared at his conception?

21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.

22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

29 And Jesus departed from thence, and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee; and went up into a mountain, and sat down there.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
sea-of-glass-like-crystal-or-sapphire-tilework.jpg
God, through David, talked about stones rubbing against each other to polish them, smooth out their rough edges. The sapphire is second only to the diamond in hardness. For this reason the stone is often used as an abrasive or polishing agent.

Proverbs 27:17 “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.”
I just have to say, I love this thread.
Thankyou, visionary.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Typical church attempt to visualise the tablets and thereby deny the whole of the law as one contiguous teaching.
Contiguous teaching.
Is that something I should liken to
Sequential variables?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Especially the fourth commandment.
The 4th.
Abstain from forno.
The fourth commandment according to traditions:

Orthodox Christian, Philo, Talmud, Calvin:
Remember the Sabbath to keep it holy
Samaritan, Augustine, Catholic, Lutheran:
Honor thy father and mother​

Reactions: Na Nach Oi!
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Na Nach Oi!

Embracing paradoxical thinking
Dec 4, 2016
Earth
✟55,404.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Na Nach Oi!

Embracing paradoxical thinking
Dec 4, 2016
Earth
✟55,404.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Wikipedia puts the 4th in the Samaritan listing as Honor father and mother.

Ten Commandments - Wikipedia

Samaritan Ten Commandments according to Interlinear Pentateuch.

Deuteronomy 5:6
I [am] the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

Deuteronomy 5:7
Thou shalt have none other gods before me. [1st cmd]

Deuteronomy 5:8
Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, [or] any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the waters beneath the earth:
Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me
And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments. [2nd cmd]

Deuteronomy 5:11
Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold [him] guiltless that taketh his name in vain. [3rd cmd]

Deuteronomy 5:12-15
Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.
Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work:
But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.
And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and [that] the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day. [4th cmd]

Deuteronomy 5:16
Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Deuteronomy 5:17
Thou shalt not murder.

Deuteronomy 5:18
Thou shalt not commit sexual perversion.

Deuteronomy 5:19
Thou shalt not steal.

Deuteronomy 5:20
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Deuteronomy 5:21
Thou shalt not desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any [thing] that [is] thy neighbour's. And when it so happens that LORD God brings you to the land of Caanan, which you are coming to posses, you shall set-up there for you great stones and plaster them with plaster and you write on the stones all words of this law. And it becomes for you that across the Jordan you shall raise these stones, which I command you today, in mountain Grizim. And you build there the altar to the LORD God of you. Altar of stones. Not you shall wave on them iron. With whole stones you shall build the altar to LORD God of you. And you bring on it ascend offerings to LORD God of you, and you sacrifice peace offerings, and you eat there and you rejoice before the face of the LORD God of you. The mountain this is across the Jordan behind the way of the rising of the sun, in the land of Caanan who is dwelling in the desert before the Galgal, beside Alvin-Mara, before Sechem.

=====

Exodus 20:2
I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

Exodus 20:3
Thou shalt have no other gods before me. [1st cmd]

Exodus 20:4-6
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;
And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. [2nd cmd]

Exodus 20:7
Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. [3rd cmd]

Exodus 20:8-11
Guard the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates:
For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. [4th cmd]

Exodus 20:12
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Exodus 20:13
Thou shalt not murder.

Exodus 20:14
Thou shalt not commit sexual perversion.

Exodus 20:15
Thou shalt not steal.

Exodus 20:16
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Exodus 20:17
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, and not thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his field, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that [is] thy neighbour's. And when it so happens that LORD God brings you to the land of Caanan, which you are coming to posses, you shall set-up there for you great stones and plaster them with plaster and you write on the stones all words of this law. And it becomes for you that across the Jordan you shall raise these stones, which I command you today, in mountain Grizim. And you build there the altar to the LORD God of you. Altar of stones. Not you shall wave on them iron. With whole stones you shall build the altar to LORD God of you. And you bring on it ascend offerings to LORD God of you, and you sacrifice peace offerings, and you eat there and you rejoice before the face of the LORD God of you. The mountain this is across the Jordan behind the way of the rising of the sun, in the land of Caanan who is dwelling in the desert before the Galgal, beside Alvin-Mara, before Sechem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Na Nach Oi!
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Moses broke the tablets in order to discourage God from implementing His plan to annihilate the Jewish people for their sin,
Didn't Moses break the tablets out of disgust in that the people were worshipping another God? The golden calf and saying it was that god that brought them out of Egypt?

19 Now it came to pass when he drew closer to the camp and saw the calf and the dances, that Moses' anger was kindled, and he flung the tablets from his hands, shattering them at the foot of the mountain.

Moses pleads with God for the people, but breaking the tablets would not have discouraged God nor is that how it went down. Correct?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The 4th in the Tanach is about keeping Shabbat - the one 90% of Christians ignore, for some odd reason... but still insist they keep all 10!
Where is the priesthood that makes sacrifices and atonement under the Old Covenant? And the temple for the ceremony?

Upvote 0