Visit site
✟10,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
*shrug* I wasn't planning on arguing it, I was just curious where you stood.

No worries. When I was last here, it became very necessary for me to qualify my statements like that, because people who were not at all involved in the conversation would hijack it- Then begin spouting a whole lot of conspiracy theory bull that had nothing to do with the topic.

Wasn't really directed at you. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
No worries. When I was last here, it became very necessary for me to qualify my statements like that, because people who were not at all involved in the conversation would hijack it- Then begin spouting a whole lot of conspiracy theory bull that had nothing to do with the topic.

Wasn't really directed at you. :thumbsup:

Ah. Well, I love a good conspiracy theory, and there ARE some out there with enough reasonable doubt and evidence to be possible (and sometimes even likely - like the Kennedy assassination), but I think most conspiracy theorists take it WAY too far.

Upvote 0

RETS

Telling it like it is
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
✟10,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ah. Well, I love a good conspiracy theory, and there ARE some out there with enough reasonable doubt and evidence to be possible (and sometimes even likely - like the Kennedy assassination), but I think most conspiracy theorists take it WAY too far.

Indeed. Something to look at as far as Kennedy goes- Who's textile mills produced nearly every uniform for the troops during Vietnam?

Just something fun to look into. ;)

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Indeed. Something to look at as far as Kennedy goes- Who's textile mills produced nearly every uniform for the troops during Vietnam?

Just something fun to look into. ;)

Good question. I've never thought about it. Who?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Pretty sure Obama's gunna win as I was sure that Romney would be the Republican candidate.

Really. He says he believes the core beliefs doesn't he?

Black Liberation Theology believes that Christ died to show solidarity with the oppressed. It was not a redemptive act by God, and there are many ways to heaven. There's also the whole deicide thing.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Black Liberation Theology believes that Christ died to show solidarity with the oppressed. It was not a redemptive act by God, and there are many ways to heaven. There's also the whole deicide thing.

Deicide? Where?

Upvote 0

RETS

Telling it like it is
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
✟10,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Deicide? Where?

I believe he may be referencing the belief that God killed Himself. If I'm not mistaken, that particular belief goes further to state that there was no resurrection, because there was no God left to bring it about.

Ah. Why am I NOT surprised...

lol I've been slowly writing a book on the subject, but as you may imagine, it's slow going.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe he may be referencing the belief that God killed Himself.

...isn't that kinda the whole point of Christianity? :confused:

If I'm not mistaken, that particular belief goes further to state that there was no resurrection, because there was no God left to bring it about.

Yeah, I understand that part. One of my dad's best friends was a Mormon. Cool dude, too, but I digress :p

lol I've been slowly writing a book on the subject, but as you may imagine, it's slow going.

Nice! I'm currently trying to write a book myself, with the tentative title Delivery Guy Blues. It's fiction based on true events. I'm a contractor, and deliver and install home appliances from GE and Home Depot in people's homes with my "boss" (my friend who owns the truck and gave me a job). We've gone through so many instances that are PERFECT for comedy/reality TV XD

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RETS

Telling it like it is
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
✟10,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
...isn't that kinda the whole point of Christianity? :confused:

Not really. This isn't the theology section, so I'll keep this to a minimum, though.

Basically, in a nutshell, Christianity is based on the fact that Christ was the Son of God, and that He died- Yes. However, it is also based upon the fact that He rose again. Moreover, that the Son, the Holy Spirit, and the Father are three unique yet intrinsic parts; that is, they exist as a Trinity.

In other words, while this belief in question holds a limit to God's power, (He could not rise after killing Himself); Christianity holds that there is no limit, (He did rise after allowing Himself to be killed).

I may have oversimplified it, but I also don't want to get into trouble for a conversation outside of it's specific place. :)

Yeah, I understand that part. One of my dad's best friends was a Mormon. Cool dude, too, but I digress :p

I've met a few of those myself!

Nice! I'm currently trying to write a book myself, with the tentative title Delivery Guy Blues. It's fiction based on true events. I'm a contractor, and deliver and install home appliances from GE and Home Depot in people's homes with my "boss" (my friend who owns the truck and gave me a job). We've gone through so many instances that are PERFECT for comedy/reality TV XD

Oh, MAN! The comedy routines I could write up based on my time working at McDonald's ALONE!!

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Not really. This isn't the theology section, so I'll keep this to a minimum, though.

Basically, in a nutshell, Christianity is based on the fact that Christ was the Son of God, and that He died- Yes. However, it is also based upon the fact that He rose again. Moreover, that the Son, the Holy Spirit, and the Father are three unique yet intrinsic parts; that is, they exist as a Trinity.

In other words, while this belief in question holds a limit to God's power, (He could not rise after killing Himself); Christianity holds that there is no limit, (He did rise after allowing Himself to be killed).

I may have oversimplified it, but I also don't want to get into trouble for a conversation outside of it's specific place. :)

I still don't get how it's not deicide. It's a bit of a technicality to suggest that it isn't deicide simply because he rose again. He still "killed himself", really.

But, as you said. Don't want to get in trouble for misplacing conversations :p

I've met a few of those myself!

Aren't they awesome? Torren (dad's Mormon friend) wife was an amazing cook too!

Oh, MAN! The comedy routines I could write up based on my time working at McDonald's ALONE!!

I hear ya. I worked at McDonalds too before getting this contractor job :p

Upvote 0

RETS

Telling it like it is
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
✟10,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I still don't get how it's not deicide. It's a bit of a technicality to suggest that it isn't deicide simply because he rose again. He still "killed himself", really.

Deicide: God committed suicide.

Christianity: Jesus Christ allowed Himself to be sacrificed.

Deicide: God, singular, could not rise again.

Christianity: Christ, one third of the Trinity, could. (Or, to clarify the point, was raised.)

Hope that helps. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums