• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Sanhedrin Rabbis Discuss Sublime, Procedural Issues

Discussion in 'Israel Prophecy & Current Events' started by iitb, Jan 14, 2005.

1. iitb

iitb a.k.a. insaneinthebrain

+7
    Judaism
    The 71 rabbis seeking to fulfill the Biblical commandment of renewing the Sanhedrin continue to meet regularly, solidifying their organizational structure and establishing an agenda of topics.

Their most recent meeting was this week, in which they discussed technical and procedural issues, topics for their agenda, and the Halakhic [Jewish legal] and other ramifications of renewing the Passover sacrifice.

Read the rest of this article here.
    All I can say is that things on the religious front in Israel are slowly becoming more interesting than the political issues...

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. visionary

visionary Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I. Supporter

+7,337
    Messianic
    If temple services are to start...I can see the red heifer leading the way to the sacrificial services again and the Passover the first feast.

No other religion in today's world is even discussing sacrificing other than those into witchcraft and demon cult worship.

3. iitb

+7
    Judaism
    Are you equating Judaism with witchcraft? :scratch:

4. Shimshon

Shimshon Well-Known Member

+769
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Whoa there....I don't believe that was Visionary's presumption at all. Yet, Islamic believers also do ritual sacrifices. A few months ago I heard from a person in Iraq of the shiites sacrificing an animal on the concrete slab of an old structure before they would allow a new structure to be built on it.

Most "semite's" believe in ritual animal sacrifices. They remember the original code. They know that redemption doesn't come without the sheding of blood. And some other semite's have twisted the meaning and call it Jihad.

5. visionary

+7,337
    Messianic
    I did not know that Islamic believers did ritual sacrifices of animals....ok so there are more sacrificing animal groups than I first thought.

6. iitb

+7
    Judaism
    Actually, the Samaritans still offer an annual Pesach sacrifice at Mount Gerizim. (The Samaritans, however, are a topic for an entirely different discussion. ;))

7. visionary

+7,337
    Messianic
    Ahhh...really I never knew so many groups still sacrifice animals.

8. Torah

Torah Senior Veteran

+228
    Messianic
    Married
    iitb Your right Samaritans do still offer an annual Pesach sacrifice.
    In this Video “The last supper”
    http://www.christianreality.com/videos/vs-vid221.htm

They show the Samaritans killing the Pesach Lamb, and then place the carcass on a very long skewer and place it in a pit that fire has been burning in. Then they cover it with canvas and then clay and let cook. This is a very good Video & it includes a cookbook on old recipes.

9. Talmidah

Talmidah היום כולם יודעים - הרב כהנא צדק

+2,075
    Judaism
    Private
    About once every month or two, I attend services at a synagogue in Mexico. This group also sacrifices a lamb at Pesach (although I have not been there during Pesach). They are for the most part rabbinic Jews, but where they believe that rabbinic rulings do not align with Torah, they will follow what they believe Torah is saying.

10. insaneinthebrain

insaneinthebrain Noahide

+173
    Judaism
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    How do you sacrifice one of those, break the light bulb? :D :p

11. visionary

+7,337
    Messianic
    .... :sleep: :yawn: :scratch: Huh...what...did I miss something?

12. Talmidah

Talmidah היום כולם יודעים - הרב כהנא צדק

+2,075
    Judaism
    Private
    Of course....but the thing is, do you know the proper blessing? :p

13. insaneinthebrain

insaneinthebrain Noahide

+173
    Judaism
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    Baruch atah Adonai Eloheinu Melech HaOlam who has commanded us with the breaking of the bulb?

14. MyZz

MyZz Regular Member

+15
    Christian
    Single
    Lololol!!!!!!

15. debi b

debi b Senior Veteran

+125
    Married
    Interesting indeed....