razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
somehow I don't believe Fluke was asking to have the way cleared for her student health plan to cover her contraception, given the cost of the contraception is less than the student health plan.

But that is exactly why she appeared before Congress. You might consider hearing what she said, more than just a paragraph or two, before forming an opinion.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

I had the medical care of the training staff in the athletic department, as I played baseball. However, I had friends who, in 1970, were paying $25 a month for the university health plan. That equates to over $160 today via regular inflation, and medical costs have increased at roughly 2.5 times the rate of regular inflation. So somehow I don't believe Fluke was asking to have the way cleared for her student health plan to cover her contraception, given the cost of the contraception is less than the student health plan.

I'll accept your math figures, still $160 month is a bunch to many students.
What is the cost of contraception for women? Remember there are many kinds and some are prescribed, which is in need of doctor's visit. I am not well informed on this matter, btw.

So you play baseball, huh? Down one, bases loaded, two out, count full and you're sleeping at the plate. good grief winnie...

Of course she was for the health plan to cover the cost after the co-payment and deductible was applied. Point being was to have 'coverage'.

I think she was speaking for all students who are in similar situation. I'm proud of her for taking the ground and holding it, without backup or air support. Go Sandra!:cool:

And now for the bad part....Then here come the side bar opinions from the right whose obvious objective was to run her through the grinder. For what? Did Fluke testimony really change any minds, I don't think so. She spoke her mind and went back to school. If it weren't for EIB and Fox I figure not many people would know who Fluke is or had done. I didn't pay attention to it until the assault started while I was on chow break.

A reflection of what the secularist's are saying, (mirror image), just review this thread and see how some posters speak of her in an degrading tone and verbiage. Lord have Mercy! 3x

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'll accept your math figures, still $160 month is a bunch to many students. What is the cost of contraception for women?
Read the other posts. There is a pharmacy three blocks off Georgetown's campus that prices a 28-day supply of the pill at $15.

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But that is exactly why she appeared before Congress. You might consider hearing what she said, more than just a paragraph or two, before forming an opinion.
I read the whole thing. I even gave you a link so you could, too.

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Then you missed the part about students paying for the own healthcare.
You've missed the point again. This is not Rush talking, this is fact: Student healthcare is more expensive than the contraception itself. Insurance plans work because a pool of policyholders under one group allow the insurance company to negotiate for lower prices from healthcare providers. By refusing to acknowledge that she can, indeed, afford contraception without the benefit of insurance -- in fact going to the length, as you acknowledged, of misrepresenting the expense -- and insisting that insurance plans foot the bill, she is raising the price for all policyholders across the board. Yes, she is in fact expecting others to pay for her contraception.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You've missed the point again. This is not Rush talking, this is fact: Student healthcare is more expensive than the contraception itself. Insurance plans work because a pool of policyholders under one group allow the insurance company to negotiate for lower prices from healthcare providers. By refusing to acknowledge that she can, indeed, afford contraception without the benefit of insurance -- in fact going to the length, as you acknowledged, of misrepresenting the expense -- and insisting that insurance plans foot the bill, she is raising the price for all policyholders across the board. Yes, she is in fact expecting others to pay for her contraception.

Are the errors here too numerous to mention?

Why do you assume it is either pay for healthcare in general, or contraception? That would be a disastrous mistake for many.

Why do you think an industry as successful as insurance fails to accommodate for the anomaly you refer to? Again, actuaries deal with this sort of thing, with the operative concept being to create separate classes of risk.

Upvote 0

TheChristianSurvivalGuide

Preparedness is Stewardship
May 29, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟16,828.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

I know Win already responded to this, but -

Raze, I've read the last few pages and Win did counter your arguments with multiple snippets of Fluke's own testimony. I think he's done the homework here.

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dig deeper folks - google this poor victim you will see what the agenda is. While you are at it - google Anita Dunn, see what her agenda is - this gal is connected to the White House and the idea that it is about birth control is only punching a hole in the big plan to let the fizz die down - you have not seen the last of this gal. She is an activist for abortion - watch as the well planned attempt for power unfolds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Dig deeper folks - google this poor victim you will see what the agenda is. While you are at it - google Anita Dunn, see what her agenda is - this gal is connected to the White House and the idea that it is about birth control is only punching a hole in the big plan to let the fizz die down - you have not seen the last of this gal. She is an activist for abortion - watch as the well planned attempt for power unfolds.
Interesting. I found this link in about 30 seconds of googling.

Sandra Fluke a Self-Described Professional Pro-Abortion Activist | LifeNews.com

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know Win already responded to this, but -

Raze, I've read the last few pages and Win did counter your arguments with multiple snippets of Fluke's own testimony. I think he's done the homework here.

He never got to the relevant parts.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums