Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Pavel. This was helpful. I was worried that the inducement to fight would deflect from virtue.
I started Karate training a few years before my conversion in the mid 70s. GOD uses our lives to train us in righteousness, Hebrews 12:5-11, whatever that life is and which HE predetermined for us.

Since I finally bowed to GOD, I have known that GOD led me into the martial arts which was just what I needed to focus my work on my personal and social issues Training gave me focus and stamina in all things and I'm still going strong in my mid-seventies, in fact, I have a tai chi class to teach in just over an hour.

It has been no harder to pass over the religious and worldly subtext of the training than it has been in the social world or the work place.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hello.

Thanks all for so kindly answering my questions this last week or so! I have another lol!

I have a friend who is into Samurai sword play. He's been telling me lately that the techniques he has learned through his craft has aided him in dealing with real life problems and in better being able to engage people. But he's a Christian. He thinks now that his Samurai sword play is a method for attaining virtue and wants my cousins to join him.

My question is, is he correct in thinking that Samurai sword play is a way to virtue?

Thanks

He's a Christian, so it is very possible that the Holy Spirit is bringing him through
this part of his life. I went through it, but never turned away from Christ.

Eventually, he'll mature and see it for what it is.

BTW, have him watch the movie Shogun and after, ask him if he sees killing as being
Christ like ? This is what the Samurai were about.

Upvote 0