Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All roads lead to Rome, not only from Cardinal Reinhard Marx's turbulent Germany, but also from the quiet and remote American state of Indiana.

In Indianapolis, the capital, a school run by the Jesuits has appealed to the Holy See to be granted the right to disobey its archbishop, on a matter the “synodal way” afoot in Germany has mastered: homosexuality.

It all started with the mock wedding celebrated in 2017 between Layton Payne-Elliott, a teacher at Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School (left, photo by Kathleen Delaney for the newspaper "Indy Star"), and Joshua Payne-Elliott (right), a teacher at another Catholic school in Indianapolis, Cathedral High School.

Because of their condition as “spouses” of the same sex, incompatible with Catholic doctrine, the archbishop of Indianapolis, Charles C. Thompson, in June 2019 ordered their respective schools to fire both. Cathedral obeyed, Brebeuf did not.

Continued below.
Same-sex Marriages. The Synod of Germany Holds Class in Indianapolis

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would think both knew the implications of ignoring church doctrine and its affect on their employment. But it is the usual trojan horse scenario where they agree to the moral clause in gaining employment then set about trying to change from within.
True. I have heard so many say their intentions were to promote change from within. My question is those that convert for that reason, are they really Catholic converts? They have to profess they believe what the Church teaches and believes in the process of converting. So if a convert lies to get in... are they really a Catholic? It reminds me of these teachers, etc. signing these contracts in agreement to abide by the rules then blatantly disregarding what they agreed to.

• Agree
Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0