just outside the forrest
✟29,077.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I watched it the other night. Wasn't real impressed with Doug Wilson (the post-mill position). Sam Storms, I thought, was able to expres the AMill position very well (Of course the PreMill fella wanted to go to Isaiah 65 right off the bat) but the interaction overall was pretty good.

It is a long video
smiley_emoticons_neutral.gif

Upvote 0

the particular baptist

pactum serva
Nov 14, 2008
Currently reside in Knoxville, TN
Visit site
✟10,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I watched it too and share your sentiments Cam. In addition, Wilson is a proponent of Christian Reconstructionism and Federal Vision theology and Theonomy. Taking the Postmil position to its logical conclusion is creepy.

Reactions: student ad x
Upvote 0

AndOne

Deliver me oh Lord, from evil men
Apr 20, 2002
Florida
✟20,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
A downside to Storms is that he's a continuationist (on miraculous spiritual gifts). But I really appreciate his writings in support of amillennialism.

On this note Storms' book on the gifts of the Holy Spirit - "The Beginner's Guide To Spiritual Gifts" - is quite excellent. I see Storms' continuationist views as an upside as well as biblical.

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
A downside to Storms is that he's a continuationist (on miraculous spiritual gifts). But I really appreciate his writings in support of amillennialism.
That is a concern for me as well. I've read some of his blog posts defending the continuationaist position as well as his charismatic practices and they're really very emotional/experiential without scriptural backing.

I'm still trying to figure out amillenialism though, so maybe I'll check out what he's written on it.

His book Chosen For Life is a beautiful explanation of Calvinism compared to Arminianism. He deals with Arminians with tremendous grace and respect and handles their doctrines honestly, carefully digging his way deeper into the contradictions between what they espouse (a kind of works salvation) vs. what they really believe (salvation by grace). I don't think any Arminian would disagree with his description of what they believe, whether they reject the label or not.

I didn't totally agree with his supralapsarian/infralapsarian discussion at the very end of the book, but then I still have a lot to learn about that. :blush:

Upvote 0