Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
BUT we wont ALWAYS REMIAN saved...........if we don't OBEY GRACE
if we DONT continue in CHRIST.

Jesus said, that he would not lose One that the Father has given Him.

Some may think that they are saved -- only in the end to be fooled.

A fool is one who fools themself.

He said, go away I never knew you.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And He said to the woman (CAUGHT IN SIN), "Your faith "has" saved you; go in peace." (NOW

I say let us expound on that.
HE Did say......to the woman caught in sin
and to the man who he healed...................you fiath has saved you
and to the woman neither do I condemn thee................but...............I think we beter
finish it RIGHT....................NOW GO an SIN NO MORE
or go and sin no more LEST a WORSE thing come upon you.
why was that so hard to say...................cause it is the OUR PART of our salvation
the work it out part...................
WORK out your own salvation
that is what most don't like to hear.
the thread was on salvation ..................

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
as paul once said................after the first or second admonition reject
mountain Bob.....................at least the OP
tried through scriptures
you try through insult.
and yet can none by rightly divided scrips prove my error.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
that is why Bob, we must teach correct doctrine.
most who say they are saved....................are not.
and rightly understood doctrine wont make void where
JESUS said......if a man CONTINUES not IN ME, , he will be cast out.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
AmbassadorSOP_zpspcfn1xps.jpg

Hi TX, and thanks for the heads up. Missing that is so easy to do that it has partially led to vacations in the past for me. I know it's not intentional at all but with the cost being possibly high for missing it, it might be a good idea to make it more obvious, like a different color back ground or something. As it is, it's like a covered trap, and again, I know it's not that way by design, but people are going to miss it. Seems to me some kind of obvious red flag would make it much easier on the mods as well. :)

Anyway, so I can deal with it in the future, where exactly are the rules written for a particular thread/this thread? I don't see it up there. All I can do is hope I can remember to look before every post to a new thread....I think I'm doomed lol.

And for now, I'll assume this is in an area where we can only agree so, I'm outta here.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread has been moved from Suggest New Forums (which is where suggestions for a new forum is supposed to be made) to Salvation, which is the topic of this thread.

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't take 10 paragraphs to answer the original question. Salvation delivers us from God's wrath for the punishment of sin. Christ is our PROPITIATION, which literally means, to satisfy wrath. Without Christ, we must suffer the wrath of Hell, with Christ, we are SAVED from that wrath...

Upvote 0

Stephen Douglas

Feb 8, 2016
New Kent Virginia
✟21,287.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The scriptures reveal that "salvation" is a process as it is described as a past event, a presently ongoing event and a future event. It is a process whereby we are being transformed into the likeness of the Son. "Justification" is the initiation of the salvation process which eventually culminates in "glorification" of the saints. ALL of it is the working toward the good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

If any man gets stuck at any point along this process and experiences no divine intervention, that man should examine himself to see if Christ is truly living within Him. The Father disciplines and rebukes those that He loves. We have been empowered unto righteousness by the indwelling of His Holy Spirit. This process is never ending as we walk upon the earth. It is a struggle, yes. But we are strained of our carnality through this process to become more like Him.

Alleluia!

Doug

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stealth saint

Mar 15, 2014
Kelowna, British Colmbia, Canada
✟8,589.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"IF" SAVED = SALVATION. then "all who call on OUR Lord will be saved. To call on someone I suggest is different to call up someone. To call upon suggests a relationship, the more the calling the greater the relationship unto possible intimacy. Salvation is about relationship but there are those who have not gold of silver, that will have their works burned up with fire "the will be saved as though through fire". KINGdom is about ruling on the throne with Lord or over many cities etc. KINGdom is about level of authority to have dominion. Salvation is intimacy with reward of the destiny of what position we are saved into. Serve now and be served later, be served and serve.

Upvote 0

stealth saint

Mar 15, 2014
Kelowna, British Colmbia, Canada
✟8,589.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The scriptures reveal that "salvation" is a process as it is described as a past event, a presently ongoing event and a future event. It is a process whereby we are being transformed into the likeness of the Son. "Justification" is the initiation of the salvation process which eventually culminates in "glorification" of the saints. ALL of it is the working toward the good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

If any man gets stuck at any point along this process and experiences no divine intervention, that man should examine himself to see if Christ is truly living within Him. The Father disciplines and rebukes those that He loves. We have been empowered unto righteousness by the indwelling of His Holy Spirit. This process is never ending as we walk upon the earth. It is a struggle, yes. But we are strained of our carnality through this process to become more like Him.

Alleluia!

Doug
Excellent input.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
#18: "HE WILL BLOT OUR NAME OUT OF THE LAMB'S BOOK OF LIFE"

Nope. There ain't no blotters nor erasers in the perfect JUDGMENT of spirits.

Revelation 3:5

He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the (Lamb's) book of life,
and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Revelation 13:8

All who dwell on the earth will worship him,
everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.

Revelation 17:8

"The beast (anti-christ) that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and go to destruction. And those who dwell on the earth,
whose name has not been written in the (Lamb's) book of life from the foundation of the world,
will wonder when they see the beast, that he was and is not and will come.

Revelation 20:12

And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the (Great White) throne (of SENTENCING),
and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the (Lamb's) book of life;
and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.

Revelation 20:15

And if anyone’s name was not found written in the (Lamb's) book of life (UNBELIEVERS), he was thrown into the "lake of fire".

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
True spiritually changed / born again from above / John 3 Christ-follower's SPIRITUAL POSITION will NOT be JUDGED!...only their WORKS...in or out of the perfect will of God.

John 3:18
He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 5:24...“Truly, truly, I say to you,
he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life,
and does not come into judgment, (in the future)
but has passed out of death into life. (PAST TENSE (aorist))

John 5:22
For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son,

[1. (Jesus judges the NATIONS (ethnos)...Matthew 25: 31-46
2. Jesus judges ONLY the WORKS of believers)...
2 Corinthians 5: 1-15 (NIV) + 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 (NIV)]

Revelation 20...The Great White Throne SENTENCING OF UNBELIEVERS
15 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the (Lamb's) "book of life",
he was thrown into the "lake of fire". (the Second Death)

Psalm 76:9
When God arose to judgment, To save all the humble of the earth.

Upvote 0

Late Apex

Apr 18, 2017
USA
✟11,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hope none teach that , I would like to bring a longer
version in.
osasslifycoic
once saved always saved, SO LONG as YOU CONTINUE ONLY IN CHRIST.
if just osas had been true,
we would have to OMIT a whole lot of warnings.
a whole lot.

How do YOU continue in Christ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The same way a dog continues being a dog.

How do YOU continue in Christ?

If you steal and have a desire to keep doing it, are you continuing in Christ? If you love Him, and you steal no more, are you continuing in Christ?

Upvote 0

Late Apex

Apr 18, 2017
USA
✟11,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you steal and have a desire to keep doing it, are you continuing in Christ? If you love Him, and you steal no more, are you continuing in Christ?

Your first question I would answer No, the person is living in the flesh, not the spirit. Your second question I would answer Yes, the person is living in the spirit, not the flesh. Now, let's look at the greatest commandment.

Matthew 22:
[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the first and great commandment.
[39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The command is to love God with ALL my heart, ALL my soul, and ALL my mind. I have two questions for you.

1. "How" do you follow this?

2. "How well" do you follow this? Maybe give me a percentage between 0% and 100%.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Stephen Douglas

Feb 8, 2016
New Kent Virginia
✟21,287.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God has shown us what love is. In our carnal state we are completely unable to show love or accept love from others. God has placed within us a deposit that knows how to love fully and completely, the Holy Spirit of God, but this Spirit seems to be at war with our flesh.

In our natural state we love ourselves with all of our heart and soul and mind. But with this spiritual help from God we are capable of increments of divine love. This love changes us from within and creates within us a greater capacity in which to love and be loved. It is a wonderful journey. I don't place a percentage on it because I have no clue as to what 100% is and now I can't remember what 0% is either. God is with me and I can feel that.

"If God is with us who can be against us? If God did not spare His own Son but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Christ freely grant us all things?" Romans 8:31-32

That is what love is. Let's keep trying to respond to it!

Doug

Upvote 0