• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

SALVATION---instant, or process?

Discussion in 'Salvation (Soteriology)' started by Ben johnson, Nov 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shimon

Shimon Shalom!

+3
    John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Sure sounds that way to me.... ;)

Shimon

2. Reformationist

Reformationist Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam

+412
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Okay.  Well, would you mind addressing this thread for me please?

Thanks,

God bless

3. reeann

reeann Trust and Obey

+8
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Shimon, i'm sorry i haven't gotten back to you sooner, these posts in these threads get harder to find *hits subscribed* :)

I agree with you all of God's children struggle with obedience in their lives. I am not saying that I am without sin, because I know i'm not.

But this is a 'salvation' thread, and your post was helpful. It did not however answer my question.

Am I saved if I don't follow all of the Torah? That is my issue with your statement, it appears to me if i'm not keeping all of the Torah law (i'm not sure I met anyone who has), then i'm not saved?

4. Shimon

Shimon Shalom!

+3
    reeann:

That's not a question I'm qualified to answer. Only God can make that decision. I refrain from making any statements suggesting who is saved and who is not saved.

But let me ask you this: Would you expect a person to be saved if they continued to live a life of crime? I don't mean that a person will not continue to sin now and then, I'm talking about a life of unrepentant sin.

In other words, what is different between a person who claims to have faith, yet continues to transgress His commandment not to cheat, steal and commit acts of violence, and a person who claims to have faith, and continues to transgress His other commandments?

It's not a question that I feel comfortable answering.

But, Yeshua may have given us a hint:

Here, He doesn't say that one who breaks "the least of these commandments" won't get into Heaven at all, He says they will be "least" in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Food for thought...

Shimon

5. cenimo

cenimo Jesus Had A 12 Man A-Team

+76
    Christian
    Married
    re: the OP, is salvation instant?

ah, the thief on the cross.......

6. Ben johnson

Ben johnson Legend Supporter

+374
    Christian
    :clap: @ Cenimo!
    OK, most people hold to "salvation is KNOWABLE". For those who do not (cited in the quotebox above), I would like to ask them to comment on a verse from Scripture:

The one who believes in the Son of God hs the witness in himself; the one who does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed the witness that God has borne about His Son. And the witness is this, that God has given us eternal ife, and this life is in His Son. He who HAS the Son HAS THE LIFE; he who does not have the Son of God has not the life. I write this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may KNOW YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE."

Thanx in advance for your answers...

7. Julie

Julie ONLY JESUS CHRIST SAVES

+3
    Christian
    "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." (I Jn. 5:13)

". . . . I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." (II Tim. 1:12)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.