✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Shimon
John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Sure sounds that way to me.... ;)

Shimon

Okay.  Well, would you mind addressing this thread for me please?

Thanks,

God bless

Upvote 0

reeann

Trust and Obey
Nov 11, 2002
South Carolina
Visit site
✟8,692.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, bottom line, I'm saying that it's an act of disobedience. Whether or not it has an impact on one's salvation isn't the issue. The issue is that He commanded it, therefore we should obey.

Shimon, i'm sorry i haven't gotten back to you sooner, these posts in these threads get harder to find *hits subscribed* :)

I agree with you all of God's children struggle with obedience in their lives. I am not saying that I am without sin, because I know i'm not.

But this is a 'salvation' thread, and your post was helpful. It did not however answer my question.

Am I saved if I don't follow all of the Torah? That is my issue with your statement, it appears to me if i'm not keeping all of the Torah law (i'm not sure I met anyone who has), then i'm not saved?

Upvote 0
reeann:

Am I saved if I don't follow all of the Torah? That is my issue with your statement, it appears to me if i'm not keeping all of the Torah law (i'm not sure I met anyone who has), then i'm not saved?

That's not a question I'm qualified to answer. Only God can make that decision. I refrain from making any statements suggesting who is saved and who is not saved.

But let me ask you this: Would you expect a person to be saved if they continued to live a life of crime? I don't mean that a person will not continue to sin now and then, I'm talking about a life of unrepentant sin.

In other words, what is different between a person who claims to have faith, yet continues to transgress His commandment not to cheat, steal and commit acts of violence, and a person who claims to have faith, and continues to transgress His other commandments?

It's not a question that I feel comfortable answering.

But, Yeshua may have given us a hint:

Matthew 5:17-18: Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Here, He doesn't say that one who breaks "the least of these commandments" won't get into Heaven at all, He says they will be "least" in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Food for thought...

Shimon

Upvote 0

Ben johnson

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
re: the OP, is salvation instant?

ah, the thief on the cross.......
:clap: @ Cenimo!
We have ONE "BOTH, noone has ever achieved it. "

One, "It is a process, and you can't know for certain until you die and are judged by the Lord. However, you can have a pretty good assurance, but you can't ever assume you are righteous enough."

And one, "I believe we can be reasonably assured that we will see Heaven upon our death if we walk firmly in Christ, holding firmly to that inheritance that is ours through Christ. but since rejection of the grace we have been given is always possible, we cannot be certain of future actions/dispositions of ours. "

OK, most people hold to "salvation is KNOWABLE". For those who do not (cited in the quotebox above), I would like to ask them to comment on a verse from Scripture:

The one who believes in the Son of God hs the witness in himself; the one who does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed the witness that God has borne about His Son. And the witness is this, that God has given us eternal ife, and this life is in His Son. He who HAS the Son HAS THE LIFE; he who does not have the Son of God has not the life. I write this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may KNOW YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE."

Thanx in advance for your answers...

Upvote 0

Julie

ONLY JESUS CHRIST SAVES
Apr 22, 2002
Visit site
✟9,327.00
Faith
Christian
"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." (I Jn. 5:13)

". . . . I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." (II Tim. 1:12)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.