Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi, I'm new here and I'm interested in getting involved in an online community. I have had strong Baptist and Reformed influences in my life, the honor of close conversation with Americans of many different Christian creeds, a teenage level education on world religions and scientific debate, and less than a year's worth of time at a theological institution -- when it comes to religion, I know almost nothing about everything. :grinning:

I didn't intend for that previous sentence to become a joke, yet here I am. (I don't mean to disparage anyone. Much/most of it clearly had a lot of heart and mind put into it, particularly the teenage education. Also, "almost nothing" is generous.)

Anyway, I'm interested in learning about the Orthodox Catholic Church in an affectionate way, and I'm praying to have a work
opportunity open up soon. Depending on how much you guys want to talk, I may be playing System Shock 2 and then watching Parks and Recreation tonight. I don't deal with my emotions enough, God is slowly changing me into a person who cares for other people, and currently I would ask you, if you felt obliged, that I would have the mind, soul, and spirit to embrace large potential charity projects in my future.

Finally, I will attempt, to the point of anguish if necessary, to think before I post. God bless all of you.

Dropout_Theologian

Not an ant in God's glorious library.
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
Southern United States
✟64,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Also I overlooked, I have a friend in the military who jumps out of planes a lot, if you could pray for his safety and for peace in the region, I would appreciate that.

Upvote 0

r4.h

Feb 11, 2018
Hamilton
✟20,810.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Also I overlooked, I have a friend in the military who jumps out of planes a lot, if you could pray for his safety and for peace in the region, I would appreciate that.
As long as he is jumping out of necessity, i.e orders in the line of duty, then he can expect as much protection as those who get into cars every day. Far less deaths parachuting ive heard.
But anyone tempting God by risking their lives for selfish adrenaline rush, not so much as Satan is a liar.
I remember true story of newly married couple parachuting on their honeymoon, but one of them plunged to death. The survivor railed against God for the death.

Still good to pray every day and in every journey and in every mode of transport.

Upvote 0

Dropout_Theologian

Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
Southern United States
✟64,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah he's under orders, always talks about wanting to bring people back home alive, real hero type. And, yeah, I've been thinking about acknowledging God during everything, it's... calming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dropout_Theologian

Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
Southern United States
✟64,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Welcome! Feel free to join us over in The Ancient Way - the Eastern Orthodox subforum. :) Hope you enjoy your time here on Christian Forums!
Thank you for the kind introduction, I'd like to know more and I'll probably pick your brains soon :)

Hello. Welcome to CF. I am praying for your friend, and you too, and your avatar is phenomenal. God bless you and your friend too. :wave:
Thank you, I am perhaps noticing some effect already and of course thanks for my friend. And thanks for the amazing compliment, it basically just came to me after I gave up on a previous avatar... I've read very little about Dietrich Bonhoeffer, but what I have read has ranged from good to beyond my current capacity to describe.

Pardon me to step outside my bounds, but I noticed the Snoopy picture and I quickly thought of a book that I found at a library once that may interest you. I think that's the one, I checked six pages; one may laugh at the book cover but it's actually written with insight and humor.

Welcome and God bless. See you around CF.

Welcome to Cf

Thank you, sirs, for the welcome. I was very happy to read the alerts I had received in my absence.

• Friendly
Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0