Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A lot's been going on the past few months so we haven't been able to produce a new episode, but we put one together last night and I've been looking forward to it since November. Our guest was author Steven Arms, co-author with his father David of the book Milestone to Manhood: A Christian Rite of Passage to Help Your 13 Year Old Son Make the Leap from Boyhood to Manhood.

I'm almost fanatically passionate about the importance of this concept and reintroducing rites of passage to officially proclaim manhood over our growing boys in our 21st century degraded culture.

So check out the podcast, and if you can check out the book as well. I highly recommend! The book was self-published on Amazon:

• Informative
Reactions: Michie

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Confirmation, Knights of Columbus initiation are two opportunities for rites of passage that don't quite have the impact that I think they could.
Yeah my KoC initiation was a giant nothingburger.

If I had a moment when I was a kid, around 13, that defined my transition to manhood that would've had an unequaled and profound impact on me. I always wanted to learn to hunt, my dad hunted with my grandpa when he was young, but he gave it up after some kind of experience that didn't sit well with him so he always refused to teach me. I looked at that as potentially a "entering manhood" moment that I never got (with the blooding ritual and everything).

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah my KoC initiation was a giant nothingburger.

If I had a moment when I was a kid, around 13, that defined my transition to manhood that would've had an unequaled and profound impact on me. I always wanted to learn to hunt, my dad hunted with my grandpa when he was young, but he gave it up after some kind of experience that didn't sit well with him so he always refused to teach me. I looked at that as potentially a "entering manhood" moment that I never got (with the blooding ritual and everything).
I think being a pallbearer for my grandfather was a significant moment.
Getting my first real job with paycheck, another.
Golfing with men (and not just catching frogs).

I think confirmation is a lost opportunity.

Upvote 0