sailor moon

Lil' A

Lil' A
Mar 12, 2004
✟143.00
Faith
Christian
Ok, here's the sailor moon site. awesome man! just curious, does anyone know when sailor moon will come back on the air (old and new episodes)? i miss watching the old ones and it sucks how sailor moon stars isn't going to be viewed on american television.

the only reason why cartoon network is not allowing the show to come back on is because of too much contravorties. especially the sailor stars transforming into women and sailor uranus and neptune being so-called "lesbians."

In japan, anime cartoons are basically made for young adults, NOT young kids;that's what it was intended for. but ever since sailor moon was dubbed into english on cartoon network, here in america, back in 2000 (I think) DIC and Cloverway messed it all up!

Because here in america (and i'm sure you all know this already) that a lot of little kids enjoy watching cartoons. And since sailor moon has came out, DIC and Cloverway, censored and cut out a lot of scenes, along with other things as well.

So in a way, i can see why these companies are not going to show Sailor Moon Stars because of all the stuff that is involved in the last episodes. But let me tell you, it really sucks how their not going to show it!

But here's my own suggestion. During the day, show the "kids version" of Sailor Moon. Then at like midnight, when all of the little kids are asleep, show the "adult intended version" of sailor moon stars. (no cuts, no censors, etc.)

Would you guys agree? I'm up for any suggestions, comments, whatever!

Lil' A

Upvote 0

Kami no Hikari

Dark & Lovely
Dec 4, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
✟15,396.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
They showed Sailor Stars here in Austria, and not only once, i've seen the entire Sailor Moon Saga like 4 or maybe even 5 times, *sigh* gone are the days....

p.s.: lucky for us, the german dubb let them all keep their original names, no offense but some of the dubbed english names just sound plain weird, just like the voice actors, i mean come on...

Upvote 0

Kittykatgrizabella

Faye Faye
Apr 7, 2004
Orlando, Florida
✟15,531.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Kami no Hikari said:
They showed Sailor Stars here in Austria, and not only once, i've seen the entire Sailor Moon Saga like 4 or maybe even 5 times, *sigh* gone are the days....

p.s.: lucky for us, the german dubb let them all keep their original names, no offense but some of the dubbed english names just sound plain weird, just like the voice actors, i mean come on...
i agree some of the voices are kind of annoying. :p

Upvote 0

Kira Faye

Spiritualist Witch
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟1,172.00
Faith
Pagan
Well the onyl way I got it was through fan subbing....I loved that series one the best, but I do seem to like the outer senshi better.....more interesting stories? And I personnally don't care about the lesbian thing, I actually find the sort of love they have for each other really beautiful and wish more people can find a partner like that, who cares about the sex..... I actually hope they don't dub sailor stars its so much better in sub form!!!

Upvote 0

nekohakase

ici pici kitten
Apr 21, 2004
Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan
Visit site
✟15,246.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ooh, the Haruka Michiru thing made me think of something.

First of all, remember this story was originally written in the very early 90’s. Totally “politically correct” “pro-feminist” era right there. Naoko Takeuchi, creator of the comic book was one of those women – she said often in interviews how she liked women much better than men and thought women were stronger than men (emotionally) and this and that…. and yes, people DID ask questions about Haruka and Michiru’s relationship. She claimed that that relationship, and finally the inclusion of Hotaru (named after Hayao Miyazaki’s film “hotaru no haka” in which exists a girl who inspired the character of Hotaru) to constitute a family was very symbolic. In other words, it was a family that needed no men to survive.

She went a little further with Sailor Stars (the fact of the matter is that she took more time directing the anime than writing the comic – she was SOOOOO involved in the anime process) by attempting to show that 1) Usagi was not dependant on Mamoru (by pretty much removing him from the story) and 2) that whether women or men, anyone could be just as good a fighter (by making the Sailor Stars sexes interchangeable).

But Naoko herself isn't a lesbian, nor is she particularly trying to advocate lesbianism. A lot of Haruka /Michiru stuff is fanservice, like a lot of her odd sketches of Minako and Usagi in the manga dust jackets.
Naoko, by the way, was recently married to a male manga artist.

Haru (real name actually, believe it or not, Haruka.)
:cool:

Upvote 0

Kira Faye

Spiritualist Witch
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟1,172.00
Faith
Pagan
I really like those parts where it shows all that thing where usagi uses her own strength and everythign to win and her pure heart and love, very powerful message. I loved Haruka and Michura in Sailor stars, I hope I find that kidna love and commit, with either a boy or girl I don;t care, love it love :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums