Jan 22, 2005
✟457,287.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems I don't even have to prune it, it just goes and grows all on its owns! I can't remember why I bought it but I'm pleasantly surprised how well it IS doing. My lavender are doing great, too and I have hopes for my rosemary! I will continue to search for the many sagely benefits for sage. Maybe my mother has some sagely wisdom... :tonguewink:

• Haha
Reactions: Take Heart
Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My herb garden is like I have never seen it before. This year it is going crazy. The sage is becoming a tree, the taragon looks like a jungle and the oregano has propegated outside the raised bed and has claimed the side of the house along with mint and lemon balm I never planted. o_O

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,287.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My herb garden is like I have never seen it before. This year it is going crazy. The sage is becoming a tree, the taragon looks like a jungle and the oregano has propegated outside the raised bed and has claimed the side of the house along with mint and lemon balm I never planted. o_O
Sounds like a great garden! I am always amazed when I find plants I never planted.. Seems the wind blows over the seeds and they find a good spot to settle down in. Like chamomile. I didn't plant any but I have some!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dried burned sage purifies the air from many bad smells. You could try it in the toilet if You have too much sage. I have fresh sage in the freezer too. It is good on grilled lamb and beef and grilled mushroom. Grilled peppers with sage is great but remember not to put sage in soup. The saponin makes it taste like soap then. Adding dry sage when lighting a candle and letting the leaf burn gives an relaxing aroma to a room. Dry or a few fresh sageleaf that are let to dry on a clothrack gives Your clothes an aroma too. Tie them with a ribbon or a rubberband

• Informative
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,287.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dried burned sage purifies the air from many bad smells. You could try it in the toilet if You have too much sage. I have fresh sage in the freezer too. It is good on grilled lamb and beef and grilled mushroom. Grilled peppers with sage is great but remember not to put sage in soup. The saponin makes it taste like soap then. Adding dry sage when lighting a candle and letting the leaf burn gives an relaxing aroma to a room. Dry or a few fresh sageleaf that are let to dry on a clothrack gives Your clothes an aroma too.
Boys' bedroom... great idea and worth giving it a try!

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If You want massageoil You take an oil of choice, say almondoil and add the sageleaf and let it be in the oil until the leaf goes dark, usually two-three months. Take out the leaf and the oil is ready with a slight aroma. If You want a stronger aroma take out the leaf and add more leafs, let them get dark, take them out. Some people cut the leaf too but then is the risk that the oil goes bad sooner.

Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
IMG_0333.jpg

the sage monster

IMG_0334.jpg

the raised bed garden (sage/oregano/taragon)

IMG_0335.jpg

oregano, mint and lemon balm attacking the house

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like a great garden! I am always amazed when I find plants I never planted.. Seems the wind blows over the seeds and they find a good spot to settle down in. Like chamomile. I didn't plant any but I have some!
Chamomile, my favorite weed, today I found an Aquilegia plant that had spread itself and two strange yellow flowers that I thought were almost extingt. Usually they are white or blue. Then a huge eagle swooped over our land and I had to rescue our birds so they wouldn't get eaten. I have also seen wild yellow tulips in different places.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lovage taste a little like meatbrath and parsley. It is called Levisticum officinale in latin and is a big plant that can get as tall as a human. Lovage is also said to have something to do with love. Old sayings says put lovage in the shoes and You can walk a mile, the feet does not get so sore. I simply think meatsoup taste good with some lovage in it.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
French tarragon is one of my favourites, it can not be propagated with seeds though. It needs stempropagation or one needs to buy a plant and propagate the stems. We also have a spanish leafy herb that comes up every year taste like a combination of licourice and anis.

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I love sage on poultry, and on fresh caught fish (freshwater). Also rosemary rubbed on a whole chicken with it baked into the skin in the oven is wonderful.
If you plant mint in a garden space, it will take over quickly also by putting out roots in all directions.

Upvote 0