Alberta
✟41,239.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
where do you go to get away from your depression? I’m 30 years old, only male with 3 sisters. In my opinion the world has been declining so much lately. I’ve lost my desire to get married and have kids. My sisters are all married with kids and some on the way. I can’t see a reason why you would want to bring another person into this world. Work is a struggle just to make money so you can support yourself in a longer lifespan. It feels like things are always “one at a time”.. Only one person can do something and if you do the same thing someone else gets offended. Feels like you have to tiptoe around. Waking up is always burdensome. The thoughts are always spinning around in my head and i don’t know how to process them to find a positive outcome. I feel like if you ask deep questions (like I’m doing now) it’s just bringing negativity and toxicity into the world for other people to be burdened with but I can’t escape it myself without processing it myself. Not sure what you’re supposed to do? Can someone see a way out of this. Appreciate it

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
where do you go to get away from your depression? I’m 30 years old, only male with 3 sisters. In my opinion the world has been declining so much lately. I’ve lost my desire to get married and have kids. My sisters are all married with kids and some on the way. I can’t see a reason why you would want to bring another person into this world. Work is a struggle just to make money so you can support yourself in a longer lifespan. It feels like things are always “one at a time”.. Only one person can do something and if you do the same thing someone else gets offended. Feels like you have to tiptoe around. Waking up is always burdensome. The thoughts are always spinning around in my head and i don’t know how to process them to find a positive outcome. I feel like if you ask deep questions (like I’m doing now) it’s just bringing negativity and toxicity into the world for other people to be burdened with but I can’t escape it myself without processing it myself. Not sure what you’re supposed to do? Can someone see a way out of this. Appreciate it
We are living in unprecedented times and I believe we are getting close to the end of this world and going home to Jesus soon. I would consider earnestly praying to God to give you peace and direction and be willing to go wherever He leads, even if its not popular.

I would also consider speaking to a Pastor about your concerns - it sounds like you just need someone to talk to and help give you encouragement and direction.

God bless!

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you take an antidepressant med? That what gets me going. Hang on and wait for Jesus. How is your faith doing? Jesus + anything = success. It must be very hard for you. Can you read your Bible or pray or go to church?
He loves you, you know that. Jesus loves you. Hang on to your faith. Jesus Loves You.!

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother, many people suffer from seasonal depression ( fixed with regular exercise and vitamin D3 supplementation during the winter months) , please seek medical advice just in case.

I agree that we live in weird times, I would say the end times but it means that the Kingdom of heaven is coming soon with out Lord Jesus. this is Good News. Asking deep questions is important but is a depressing experience, because we realize how this world is wrong and lawless. I went through this process myself years ago. Keep focus on the Kingdom and tale it day by day like Jesus said;
Mat 6:32 For the Gentiles strive after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
Mat 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.
Mat 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today has enough trouble of its own.

A family could be a good Idea however, children would bring joy to ypur life.

Peace be upon you brother.

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

dmitry677

Dmitriy
Oct 28, 2023
Izhevsk
Visit site
✟8,916.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
where do you go to get away from your depression? ...
Thoughts are what triggers our emotional state. The way to control our emotional state is to try to dissociate from our thoughts. A trick that I use sometimes for that is to just watch, stare, and notice all your thoughts that come before you without reacting to them at all, which may feel awkward, but which makes them disappear. You should try to watch your heart more too. If you have the Holy Spirit, then you will feel what God feels. And when you look on a path that you don't know you should take, you will feel what God feels about it. It is joy and peace if it is a path that God this is good. By the way, if you also have trouble with compulsive thoughts, a recent study showed that the only effective way to rid of them is to just ignore / reject them without any processing of them at all.

Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Regarding deppression, please make sure it is not a medical condition, I know some one who suffers deppression, he is under treatment.

Things you can do against deppression if it is not medical:
-Pray to God for solutions
-Go to the gym or join a gym group if u don't have discipline to keep training
-Maybe you could begin with running or joining a running group ? I always feel relaxed after a good run.
-Eat healthy, avoid unhealthy food as much as possible
-Do sleep enough, they say minimum should be 7-8 hours, thing is sleep what your body needs to sleep.
Have sleep discipline, go to bed at same time, wake up at same time.
-Develop some skills or new skills, you know become a better version of yourself

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Christ. Christ is the way out.

Look, these are crazy times. We are constantly being flooded by propaganda on all sides and you hardly know which end is up.

But there is an up, there really is an answer to all of it, and it's found in Christ.

Start studying scriptures, hang on to Christ like your life depends on it because it does.

The world will be righted with increased understanding and faith and you'll find your feet again, and you'll know where to place your feet again.

It won't happen overnight but if you water it, and care for it's food it will grow and blossom, and before you know it you'll be running the race.

Last edited:
Upvote 0