Florida, USA
✟7,923.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Although Rush Limbaugh does not "officially endorses" any candidate, today he is tearing Romney a new one and going out of his way to talk about Santorum 24/7. He went as far as stating that Santorum would tear up Obama, while Romney would loose in a landslide against Obama. I wonder which polls Limaugh is looking at? :doh:

I can normally stomach Limbaugh (not an easy thing to do) but the nausea level in me hit an all-time high when he suggested that Santorum is a small-government conservative. Sure! I guess that explains why Santorum voted for every piece of bloated government spending that George W. Bush pushed forward, endorsed liberal candidates, and bankrupted a small school district.

The GOP has got to be the dumbest party in history if they think George W. Bush's lapdog is going to prevail against president Obama. Mr. "I'm against condoms" Santorum will get zero independent and moderate support, and will be a belated Christmas gift for Obama as it will enable him to run against George W. Bush II in 2012.:thumbsup:

PS: I do not support Obama, nor anyone else for that matter. I'm waiting to see who the GOP candidate will be before I decide whether I'll even bother voting in 2012.

Last edited:

TheProject

If it lives in water, I don't eat it...
Oct 11, 2011
GA
✟25,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think that it is as simple as that Santorum is the last "anti-Romney" still standing.

Santorum is just the latest flavor of the month.

Both pretty true. So, do the non-Romney masses move back to someone else (Gingrich or Perry), does Huntsman get his time in the sun, or does Santorum hold the support from here on out?

Personally, I just can't see Santorum holding it, but I don't know where they could go from this point.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
TheProject said:
Both pretty true. So, do the non-Romney masses move back to someone else (Gingrich or Perry), does Huntsman get his time in the sun, or does Santorum hold the support from here on out?

Personally, I just can't see Santorum holding it, but I don't know where they could go from this point.

Huntsman is too rational for the non-Romney crowd. But it would be intresting if he does hold out long enough for them to come around to him.

Upvote 0

disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Although Rush Limbaugh does not "officially endorses" any candidate, today he is tearing Romney a new one and going out of his way to talk about Santorum 24/7. He went as far as stating that Santorum would tear up Obama, while Romney would loose in a landslide against Obama. I wonder which polls Limaugh is looking at? :doh:

I can normally stomach Limbaugh (not an easy thing to do) but the nausea level in me hit an all-time high when he suggested that Santorum is a small-government conservative. Sure! I guess that explains why Santorum voted for every piece of bloated government spending that George W. Bush pushed forward, endorsed liberal candidates, and bankrupted a small school district.

The GOP has got to be the dumbest party in history if they think George W. Bush's lapdog is going to prevail against president Obama. Mr. "I'm against condoms" Santorum will get zero independent and moderate support, and will be a belated Christmas gift for Obama as it will enable him to run against George W. Bush II in 2012.:thumbsup:

PS: I do not support Obama, nor anyone else for that matter. I'm waiting to see who the GOP candidate will be before I decide whether I'll even bother voting in 2012.

Limbaugh likes you? Kiss of death.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone see the irony that many Republicans (seemingly including Rush) have called Romney a flip-flopper, all the while changing who they support from Palin to Trump to Bachman to Perry to Cain to Gingrich and now Santorum?

I'm not a Republican, but I favored Trump until he withdrew; then Cain until the media crucified him; now I'm leaning towards Santorum, but it all depends on how the primaries cook down.

One thing they all had in their favor, however: they're not Obama.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I'm not a Republican, but I favored Trump until he withdrew; then Cain until the media crucified him; now I'm leaning towards Santorum, but it all depends on how the primaries cook down.

One thing they all had in their favor, however: they're not Obama.

But neither is Romney.

Upvote 0

TheProject

Oct 11, 2011
GA
✟25,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I supported Cain from the beginning and am now leaning towards Gingrich since Cain dropped out (I'm from GA, what can I say, they're my home state guys). I'll definitely say this, I would pay good money to watch Newt Gingrich debate Barack Obama. Like him or not, Newt Gingrich does know his stuff and is an excellent debater.

I will take his chances more seriously when his web site is the first hit on google.

Okay, this really did make me laugh. But I seriously doubt that this is gonna happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Okay, this really did make me laugh. But I seriously doubt that this is gonna happen.

When you are running for president and the first hit your name brings up on google is something other then your campaign website... yeah.

Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
I supported Cain from the beginning and am now leaning towards Gingrich since Cain dropped out (I'm from GA, what can I say, they're my home state guys). I'll definitely say this, I would pay good money to watch Newt Gingrich debate Barack Obama. Like him or not, Newt Gingrich does know his stuff and is an excellent debater.

Obama would torch Gingrich on his record. Gingrich is the epitome of Washington corruption that the public is sick of.

Upvote 0

TheProject

Oct 11, 2011
GA
✟25,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Obama would torch Gingrich on his record. Gingrich is the epitome of Washington corruption that the public is sick of.

But, I think Gingrich would keep Obama on his heels based on his (Obama's) record. If was able to keep the attack focused on Obama, he could most likely shrug off anything that Obama threw at him. I think the negative ads would do much more damage to Newt than any debate would (as evidenced by Iowa).

Upvote 0