One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure about the democrats plotting with communist, but it seems to me that economic disaster has indeed befallen us at this moment in time. Not to stop the virus, but to have it spread in such a way as to minimise the loss of lives, or that is what they tell us.

Nevertheless unless a vaccine is found those at risk will die from it sooner rather than later. We wrecking our economy buying time for those who are going to die from it most likely anyhow unless a vaccine is found.

It is going to take the tax payers decades to pay for this years losses. Lets hope it will have been worth it.

Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not sure about the democrats plotting with communist, but it seems to me that economic disaster has indeed befallen us at this moment in time. Not to stop the virus, but to have it spread in such a way as to minimise the loss of lives, or that is what they tell us.

Nevertheless unless a vaccine is found those at risk will die from it sooner rather than later. We wrecking our economy buying time for those who are going to die from it most likely anyhow unless a vaccine is found.

It is going to take the tax payers decades to pay for this years losses. Lets hope it will have been worth it.

ummm for the billionth time, it's not to stop those from dying that would anyway, it's to stop people from dying like they are in italy, spain, and about to in new york, where they just can't do anything to help those dying because not enough resources to go around. 30% of people end up in the hospital, including young, everyone helped is potentially bumping another person that can't be. New york hospitals apaprently are looking at a Do not resusitate on corona virus patients.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Matthew 7:21-23 New King James Version (NKJV)
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Jesus was a big fan of economy over people as I understand it. That's why he rewarded all those moneylenders in the temple.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The right-wing radio host pushed conspiracy nonsense about Democrats plotting with communists to ruin capitalism in the coronavirus pandemic.
If he gets COVID-19, he won't be protesting very long... (He is being treated for lung cancer.)

• Agree
Reactions: Kessa
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
With all the money that's going to be borrowed and printed the economy will be just fine. There will be hyper inflation for a while but that will settle down as well.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If he gets COVID-19, he won't be protesting very long... (He is being treated for lung cancer.)

He’s worked out of his own radio studio for ages; he’s practically he living incarnation of social distancing.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
With all the money that's going to be borrowed and printed the economy will be just fine. There will be hyper inflation for a while but that will settle down as well.

That’s what they said last time and it didn’t happen. There’s only hyperinflation if all that money goes into people’s pockets and they spend it all really quickly. What happens these days, though, is that banks just sit on it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That’s what they said last time and it didn’t happen. There’s only hyperinflation if all that money goes into people’s pockets and they spend it all really quickly. What happens these days, though, is that banks just sit on it.

We are going to have incredible pent-up demand, and the ability to fill those demands. If demand for money is low interest rates will be low as well. I suspect that business will take full advantage of that which will kick start the economy. Remember too that there are many huge commercial and industrial projects on hold that will restart quickly when things cool down. I would like to see infrastructure projects get going when this is over. That would really boost the economy.

I know it's a dirty word here but businesses and industries must be protected from failure as it is they that will lead us out of this recession.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
He’s worked out of his own radio studio for ages; he’s practically he living incarnation of social distancing.

Which is one reason he feels like he can advocate for people taking on substantially more risk in the name of capitalism. He isn't the one taking the risk.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Lol why? You trust that those in charge have a solid grasp of the situation and can handle it appropriately? Or that those at the bottom....the most vulnerable to economic disaster....will put their faith in the kindness and charity of their fellow man?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lol why? You trust that those in charge have a solid grasp of the situation and can handle it appropriately? Or that those at the bottom....the most vulnerable to economic disaster....will put their faith in the kindness and charity of their fellow man?

We're all playing it by ear. The important thing is to have faith in the system that has served us so well in the past. There will be support for the most vulnerable. I think the stimulus will do wonders. There will be money everywhere. As soon as the testing thing is resolved people are going to go back to work.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We're all playing it by ear. The important thing is to have faith in the system that has served us so well in the past. There will be support for the most vulnerable. I think the stimulus will do wonders. There will be money everywhere. As soon as the testing thing is resolved people are going to go back to work.

I'd like to think so...

My only big concern is that if you're wrong...and this is an extremely precarious situation...no one is going to tell you. You'll have to figure it out on your own.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Weird there wasn't a similar complaint about "all the money" that was "borrowed and printed" to fund tax cuts for the ultra wealthy. Or the predicted effect.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Weird there wasn't a similar complaint about "all the money" that was "borrowed and printed" to fund tax cuts for the ultra wealthy. Or the predicted effect.
That is only because the ultra wealthy are very responsible spenders. They did not waste that money on items like food and rent.

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0