Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I thought about making the thread here and hoped that people would be interested.

I started a group with my friends on fb and asked them to add their friends. So far we have about 46 people joined.

This is the description of the group:

Last year I joined a facebook group to run 200 miles in 6 months. It gave me motivation and most importantly support from other runners! It was my first year running and building my strength! I want to start this group with friends and (friends of friends) so that we can keep moving!

This is how it works: Post your daily walking/running exercise you have done and the miles you have completed. I will add your name to an spreadsheet and add all miles each time you post here. At the end of each week I will post how many miles everyone has finished for a visual. Please keep track of all of your miles and how much you have completed so that if I have made any mistake or forgotten to add--you can correct me.

If you have already started your journey and kept track you are welcome to add the miles! If not, you can start today.

We have until December 31st, 2013.

Best of luck everyone!

In the group people have different levels of fitness, strength, struggles, and goals. Though the main goal is 400 miles, if you want more you can add more. For instance my goal is to walk/run 850 miles this year during my exercise routine.

I like to also state that I know people don't want to add friends from here to fb. I completely understand that and I also choose who I add as well. So you can join the group without adding anyone.
The group is for motivation, support, getting healthy, getting stronger and working through obstacles. We all have goals and we all have struggles to over come and I hope this group can help people strengthen their minds into believing that they can change something in their lives in a positive way.

If you like to join please let me know.

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
YAY! I'm glad people are interested.

Ann I'll message you the link on fb.

Jaap I'll put it in your rep. Its an open group. Also, its okay if you don't reach the number as long as you try and keep going. A lot of people might not get to that number but I see how motivated they are in trying and moving their bodies. Don't worry about the number just focus on taking it one day at a time and building your strength. Each time you will walk faster and more miles.

Merry, that is a great idea. Some people have increased their miles because they are doing biking. =) I'll send you the rep too.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well to bad this is a running thing or I might join, but I am trying to bulk, I dont need cardio I will switch to cardio when I reach my goal.

When I hit cardio I was thinking bout getting weighted vest, ankle things and wrist.

Sure it would be torture and wouldn't make it far to begin with but once my body adapted I would be able to run MUCH further without them all. After looking into it I may end up with a person on my back (something like 120 lbs of weight)

It will be comical though cause I twisted my ankle a little today running on uneven ground (tree roots etc.) I was trying to catch a gate before closing (I caught it at least ^_^) so I can just imagne me trying to run with an extra 120 on me. Oh I will probably be walking and run looking like a new born giraffe

Upvote 0

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Toro if you change your mind let me know, I can still add you to the list even if you are not on FB. I have my mom on the list too and keep her walking record. =)

Every week I post the spreadsheet of miles completed by people so they have an idea of how far they have come.
There are people who couldn't go more then .5 miles and now are walking 1.5 miles. I think thats a huge step for them and it makes me happy seeing that. I can only imagine how much stronger they will be in a few months. :)

Upvote 0

Going Merry

‏‏‏‏ ‏‏‏‏
Mar 14, 2012
✟16,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Toro if you change your mind let me know, I can still add you to the list even if you are not on FB. I have my mom on the list too and keep her walking record. =)

Every week I post the spreadsheet of miles completed by people so they have an idea of how far they have come.
There are people who couldn't go more then .5 miles and now are walking 1.5 miles. I think thats a huge step for them and it makes me happy seeing that. I can only imagine how much stronger they will be in a few months. :)

Could you add me to the list? Should I just post my mileage / meters here or is that ok? My FB got hacked months ago, and then banned lol. I don't even bother with that website anymore

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Could you add me to the list? Should I just post my mileage / meters here or is that ok? My FB got hacked months ago, and then banned lol. I don't even bother with that website anymore
Of course.

But I want to let you know, I have considered not posting as much and or going on longer breaks. You can post them here for now but when I do go can I give you my email?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums