• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Rumy admits failure!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by foolsparade, May 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Existential1

Existential1 Well-Known Member

+73
    Brit TV is pushing the chain of command aspect.
    We now assuming that this abuse of prisoners was aspect of policy, not actions of isolated renegade soldiers. Defence lawyers look prepared to implicate Rumsfeld and GWB.
    The allowing of this throws the spotlight back on American culture itself, in its entirety.
    Brit abuse stories now getting more corroboration.
    This begins to feel like Watergate: this could go right to the top; anticipate more revelations, leaks from inside the administration.

2. Existential1

Existential1 Well-Known Member

+73
    Because I asked you;
    begged you;
    beseeched you;
    said pretty please
    Because we are Christian gentlemen.
    Becuase Jesus reccomended such things.

3. Western Deity

Western Deity you know how it is

+131
    Seeker
    The world has basically hated the U.S. since 1776 and only likes us when we can provide a service

I don't have a problem with America, but the Bush government.

4. foolsparade

foolsparade Well-Known Member

+24
    Atheist
    Wait, you cannot see any moral implications with Americans{supposedly christian based} torturing, dehumanizing, raping children and murdering???? Are you serious or just trying to instigate me so I will get banned?
    :hug:

5. datan

datan Well-Known Member

+96
    Protestant
    let's wait until the 'other photos' come out before we jump to any conclusions, shall we?

although I agree from what they say it sounds very very bad.

6. jameseb

jameseb Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!

+2,168
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others

I'm your huckleberry. :cool:

So, where's your proof of this "raping children and murdering" at? I'm waitin' for it... Oh, and you can drop the "Christian" sarcasm, its not lost on anyone. :rolleyes: Or are you suggesting you have no morals because you are not Christian? :scratch: Which one is it?

7. Blindfaith

Blindfaith God's Tornado

+76
    Non-Denom
    Please foolsparade, I'm a bigger person than that.

Moral implications? Absolutely! And whoever said that America is "Christian based"? I'd be the last person to say that. Yes, there are many Christians here, but it's not a "Christian country".

I too would like (not to see specifically) the raping, torture and murder of children. If it's true, they best be prosecuted. Period. If someone did that to my child? You better get outta my way because there would be a wrath. All children are precious in Jesus' sight - no matter what country they live in. Including you, foolsparade.

I think it's incredibly unfortunate for the other 100,000+ military personnel that are putting their lives on the line every single day, and helping to rebuild a country, to have this black mark placed on them as one big generalization of "big bad America". This has done nothing but make their jobs that much harder. I'm more concerned about their safety than anything else.

8. foolsparade

+24
    Atheist
    Ask Rumy, he's the one who admitted. Look I know you want me banned also, and I don't blame you. I'm sure you feel really silly at times. Please do not tell me what to do. Got that slick?? To borrow a word you used in your silly PM.

You ask "Or are you suggesting you have no morals because you are not Christian?"

You should know this by now, aren't you "all knowing?" I am suggesting that I have seen no evidence that any Christian in the entire world in any more "moral" than I, and in fact I find the opposite all to often. Let us not forget that you bel;ieve I am going to be TORTURED in hell! How moral is that??? any other questions??
    :priest:

9. datan

datan Well-Known Member

+96
    Protestant
    http://www.tribnet.com/24hour/politics/story/1351921p-8551911c.html

Rumsfeld did not go further in his description of the yet unviewed material, but Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., declared that the new images would show rape and murder.

"We're not just talking about giving people a humiliating experience," said Graham. "We're talking about rape and murder and some very serious charges."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,118955,00.html

HERSH: First of all, it's going to get much worse. This kind of stuff was much more widespread. I can tell you just from the phone calls I've had in the last 24 hours, even more, there are other photos out there. There are many more photos even inside that unit. There are videotapes of stuff that you wouldn't want to mention on national television that was done. There was a lot of problems.

There was a special women's section. There were young boys in there. There were things done to young boys that were videotaped. It's much worse. And the Maj. Gen. Taguba was very tough about it. He said this place was riddled with violent, awful actions against prisoners.

10. foolsparade

+24
    Atheist
    Really? what kind of country do you think America is?

11. Blindfaith

Blindfaith God's Tornado

+76
    Non-Denom
    ***MODERATION***

That's it. This thread is closed, and another moderator will review it and trash anything that is inflammatory, baiting or inconsequential to the main topic. Warnings will be handed out if the Staff feels it is necessary.

I myself won't be involved in this.

DO NOT start another thread on this topic. If one is started after this is closed, the poster's thread will be trashed and warned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.