Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Poor Rudy. Obama, the powerful black man, doesn't love him

:cry:

What are we to think when Giuliani states:

Giuliani didn't mention Obama's race; however, for whatever reason, you did.

This was fun, but I have to go to work now. On Saturday.

Reactions: EdwinWillers
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looks like Rudy is just sad because a powerful black man does not love him.

Looks like you should read the article you posted. It is just another in a never ending line of knee-jerk outburst in response to any criticism of Obama.

From the article (in italics):

"Of course the President loves our country. Why else would he put himself and his family at risk on a daily basis?"

What risk is he under on a daily basis? He is one of if not the most protected men on the planet. This question evokes the favorite false specter incarnated by the left concerning all those evil white Christian racist clinging to their guns and religion who just can't wait to shoot themselves a black man.

"Why else would he take on what may be the most stressful job in the world?"

Power. Prestige. Fawning multitudes. The trappings of the office. Tax payer funded vacations. The self-proclaimed right to decide who lives and who dies. There exist a plethora of reasons, little of which have to do with the desire to serve the good of the nation.

"Why else would he have chosen a path of public service over a lucrative career as a lawyer?"

Can the author be any more blindly partisan or unfailingly devoted?

Barack Obama Net Worth

Net Worth: $12.2 Million

Source: Barack Obama Net Worth - TheRichest

"Why else would he have pushed so hard to ensure we all have basic health insurance?"

Governmental power and control over a large portion of the US economy, not to mention the masses.

"Why else would he have extracted us from our latest two Vietnams?"

Last I checked there was only one Vietnam. My seventeen year old can write better than this. However the answer is because in any armed conflict entered into by the United States the liberal/progressives at large always side with the enemy.

"And why else would he be working so hard to deal with the Russians, the Iranians, and ISIL?"

Deal with ISIL? He refuses to even call Islamic terrorism Islamic terrorism. What does he believe the words Islamic State mean? Regardless:

Obama says world should address ‘grievances’ that terrorists exploit

WASHINGTON – President Obama defended his administration’s approach to the terror threat at a White House summit Wednesday, standing by claims that groups like the Islamic State do not represent Islam -- as well as assertions that job creation could help combat extremism.

Obama, addressing the Washington audience on the second day of the summit, said the international community needs to address “grievances” that terrorists exploit, including economic and political issues.

He also said no single religion was responsible for violence and terrorism, adding he wants to lift up the voice of tolerance in the United States and beyond.

Source: Obama says world should address ?grievances? that terrorists exploit | Fox News

Yeah, we should all learn to tolerate a bunch of guys who line up 21 Christians and behead them.

From the OP article:

"His statement undermines our nation’s image, at home and abroad. It amounts to saying that we, the people, knowingly elected someone who is working against our country’s best interests."

Except that Giuliani is correct. Obama is undermining our nation's image, and has been since he first stepped into the office. Thus:

Some don't want civilized debate, and Guiliani has proven that he is not a man of character.

Since when has character become a concern of the liberal/progressive crowd?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBe_guezGGc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VfjJi2qjR8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpa-5JdCnmo

As a matter of fact I welcome crazy comments about Obama from the right as it shows the world how some on the American right can embolden terrorists.

Talk about left field comparisons. You are going to wail because someone mentions Sarah Palin while you toss in terrorism?

I believe that. Big deal. Don't progressives hold things like patriotism in disdain anyway? Isn't "'murica" a term they often use derisively?

Yes, they do, and yes, it is.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did some national figure say that Palin does not love America?

The ultimate minimalist argument.

At the end of the day, it is opinion like this, that will turn off more voters in the middle, than it will turn on, IMO.

I have agreed with much of what you have said here, but this I take issue with. If in order to attract more voters in the middle Conservative/Republicans must be more like Liberal/Democrats then those voters are not in the middle. It is also a canard criticism of a political opponent or heated rhetoric pushes the voters in the middle away, as during any election cycle no one is more vile and nasty in their attacks against opponents than those on the left.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The ultimate minimalist argument.

I have agreed with much of what you have said here, but this I take issue with. If in order to attract more voters in the middle Conservative/Republicans must be more like Liberal/Democrats then those voters are not in the middle. It is also a canard criticism of a political opponent or heated rhetoric pushes the voters in the middle away, as during any election cycle no one is more vile and nasty in their attacks against opponents than those on the left.

Well, when you have a republican strategist commenting that this would harm the republicans more than help them, I have a feeling there is some merit to what my opinion is.

The public gets tired of these types of general labeling of others, based on opinion, no matter who is doing it, the left or the right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Rudolph Giuliani Should Apologize - Forbes

Yes, he is an embarrassment to himself and the party. Will we see republicans running away from him, or embracing him?

Looks like Rudy is just sad because a powerful black man does not love him :D

Why should he apologize, he said what he meant an apology would just be because of all the blow back not because he would be sincere. At least he is standing his ground no matter stupid he looks. I hate it when people say say stupid crap and then are like ohh I didn't mean it, sure you did or you would not have said it.

What does he even mean saying wasn't brought up like you or me even mean, and how the hell does he know how he was brought up.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Giuliani is free to speak his mind as much as anyone else. He's not running for office and he hasn't been a big player in the GOP for quite some time, so it's not like his reputation is going to be affected too heavily. Freedom of speech is something many still don't understand; just because you're offended doesn't give you the right to try and silence someone else. I regularly hear and see things that I think are offensive, tasteless and downright stupid. They have a right to offend me and I have a right to speak my mind as well. That's how it's supposed to work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,780.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Why should he apologize, he said what he meant an apology would just be because of all the blow back not because he would be sincere. At least he is standing his ground no matter stupid he looks. I hate it when people say say stupid crap and then are like ohh I didn't mean it, sure you did or you would not have said it.

What does he even mean saying wasn't brought up like you or me even mean, and how the hell does he know how he was brought up.

I never asked that he apologize. I really wanted to have a discussion about who is or is not going to support his outlandish comments. That got sidetracked when I became the center of somebody's ire.

Upvote 0

yesyoushould

Jan 14, 2015
✟1,398.00
Faith
Christian
No, it is not broken.

He can believe whatever he wants - but he is also responsible for what he says and does.

He makes the GOP look worse.

I still think he is free to speak anyway he chooses.

The link is broke on my pc. I'm glad yours is working.(update: Mine is working now! :))

Upvote 0

yesyoushould

Jan 14, 2015
✟1,398.00
Faith
Christian
I still think Mr. Giuliani has a right to speak his mind. We are in a free country! Even George Washington took control by speaking his mind.

I don't think he made the GOP look worse. I think he made those who don't speak freely because of fear look worse. :)

Rudolph Giuliani -
“I do not believe, and I know this is a horrible thing to say, but I do not believe that the president loves America. He doesn’t love you. And he doesn’t love me. He wasn’t brought up the way you were brought up and I was brought up, through love of this country.”

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I still think Mr. Giuliani has a right to speak his mind. We are in a free country! Even George Washington took control by speaking his mind.

Freedom to speak is not freedom from consequence, and people calling out Giuliani have the right to say what he said was ignorant.

Upvote 0