Visit site
✟17,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ok, this is an idea for a sci-fi RPG that came too me in a dream. Well, actually, the Skilf in my dream looked like little green lizards, but my version is much cooler.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After Virgin launched the first privately owned spacecraft in 2004, humanity took a new interest in space exploration. For centuries, they expanded through their small part of the galaxy. Everyone was happy, the economic issues of the past were fixed. As usual, that all ended with the entrance of an alien species. The Resquar pounded the Terran colony-planets with their supperior technology. The Terrans fought back with chemical and biological weapons. Eventually, the war reached a stalemate just a few systems from Earth. The Resquar were afraid to advance because of the Terran's increasingly effective toxins, and the Terrans were afraid to advance because of Resquan technology.

Then, Terran scientists developed the Skilf. It was the first animal genetically engineered from scratch, and also the first to be used in warfare. They looked liked an odd cross between a dog, cat, ferret and centipede. Skilfs were the half-meter long perfect animal. Razor sharp fangs and claws, filled with anti-Resquan toxin, amazingly acute senses, unshakable loyalty to Terrans, high intelligence, unbelievable strength for their size, and rapid reproduction made Skilfs the perfect weapon to win the war.

The Skilfs were released on the Resquar-occupied Terran worlds. Victory was absolute. Then, the Terrans to the fight to the Resquan's own worlds. The Skilf continued their victories there, until the Resquar developed a defense against them. But by then it was too late; it took only the gassing of the devestated Resquan homeworld to finish the war. The Resquar were extinct. The war was done.

Many of the Skilf were killed by the Resquan defense to them; many more starved to death or were killed by the apocalyptic gassing of the Resquan homeworld. The rest became pets (with their deadly attributes and reproduction speed cut down, of course). When it became known that high-quality work suits could be made out of the thick Skilf fur, most of the rest were killed off. Humanity continued to prosper and expand, forgetting their ever-loyal friends.

The Terran's problems did not end at the Resquan Extinction, of course. A new race, the Myredians, attacked. These did not have an amazing technological advantage like the Resquar; they just had sheer numbers. The captured Resquan technology was by now outdated, and the chemical weapons simply could not kill enough Myrdian to make an impact. The planets were overwhelmed.

The Myredians were advancing too quickly to re-develop the Skilf Warriors. The old plans would have to be retrieved. Unfortunately, the planet housing the plans was occupied by Myredians (who, fortunately, were oblivious to the awesome power they now held). A retrival mission was devised. The Terran fleet blasted a hole in the Myredian defences wide enough for the retrieval force to get through.

The transports carrying the team were shot down. They landed three hundred kilometers off target. But when the salvation of your race is just three hundred kilometers away, does one give up? No! Now, the team would have to battle their way to the vault where the Skilf plans were stored, find a way off the planet, and get back to the besieged Terran fleet.

Megachihuahua

Ex-Christian
Jul 30, 2003
World heroin capital(Baltimore), Maryland
Visit site
✟17,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hehe, I wish that this did so well on RPGchat. I can always hope that there just weren't any people with time to join, rather than that they deemed it below their hight 'quality' standard, right? The RPGchatters are snobs.

Well, I guess I should post a thread for this now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Ellesar

biomedical engineer-to-be and LOTR fanatic
Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Megachihuahua said:
Hehe, I wish that this did so well on RPGchat. I can always hope that there just weren't any people with time to join, rather than that they deemed it below their hight 'quality' standard, right? The RPGchatters are snobs.

what???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Megachihuahua

Ex-Christian
Jul 30, 2003
World heroin capital(Baltimore), Maryland
Visit site
✟17,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Um, JF12, this thread was already created... but most of the people who said they would join never did, so it's dead.

THE THREAD IS DEAD. IF ANYONE SEES THIS THREAD AND DECIDES TO JOIN, JUST GO AWAY.

Upvote 0