Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
I'm no big Reagan fan.
However the political victory of the Poles combined with the military victory of the mujaheddin, DID have a LOT to do with bringing about the disbanding of the Soviet Union.
Now if you believe that the collapse of the Soviet Union was a wonderful wonderful thing, then you've gotta give Reagan some much due credit.

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Imploding since 1920, yet still able to build and maintain an enormous military machine? LOL!.
I am quite surprise you can't see your own disconnect. Just because they had a strong military does not mean thay weren't collapsing internally. A system whether a business of a marriage can have the outward appearence of being sound if one picks one element and points to them and says, "see, look at this" but when you look underneath the rock, they are failing or it can be easilly predicted to fail. I provided the Brezenski quote because back in 1950 he hit the nail on the head.

So why so willingly stick your head in the sand to the lengths Reagan, and yes like Carter, went out of his way to support those elements who became the Taliban, Bin Laden, and Iran<--illegally.

The irony here is those very same who hold the myth of Reagan in such high acclaim accuse Obama of being a terrorist appeaser for even thinking of him being open to talks with Iran, but Reagan not only did talk to them, but armed them.

Who were on an illegal strike.
Yes they were, but his response is in accord with the hiring of all those anti-union elements he staffed his Whitehouse with.

Where's the beef? There's nothing concrete in there. Give some actual examples of Reagan engaging in warfare against unions.

Firing unions workers, which had never been doe on any "illegal walkout" and initially making it illegal for them to hold any other Federal job sounds like warfare to me.

Here's my point:

Ronald Reagan, God Rest his soul, conducted many illegalities. He really wasn't fiscally conservative. He "appeased terrorists". He had amnesty for illegal immigrants. All things that anyone else of any party would be lambasted for if they even considering doing this today by those very same people who hold Reagan in high esteem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just because they had a strong military does not mean thay weren't collapsing internally.
Overspending on their wars and military might helped push them over the edge.

So why so willingly stick your head in the sand to the lengths Reagan, and yes like Carter, went out of his way to support those elements who became the Taliban, Bin Laden, and Iran<--illegally.

The irony here is those very same who hold the myth of Reagan in such high acclaim accuse Obama of being a terrorist appeaser for even thinking of him being open to talks with Iran, but Reagan not only did talk to them, but armed them.
He made the deal - arms for hostages - before he became president.

Here's my point:

Ronald Reagan, God Rest his soul, conducted many illegalities. He really wasn't fiscally conservative. He "appeased terrorists". He had amnesty for illegal immigrants. All things that anyone else of any party would be lambasted for if they even considering doing this today by those very same people who hold Reagan in high esteem.
QFT

Upvote 0