Rome and America, A Comparative Analysis

Is America beginning to act more like Ancient Rome, why?

• Rome=America

• No way!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Illuminatus

Draft the chickenhawks
Nov 28, 2004
✟14,062.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Pentecostal Boy said:
Actually of you want to see unenployment look at THe Great Depression Illumanist!

Illumanist is another fellow on these boards, IIRC, I'm Illuminatus.

Say it with me.

I-L-L-U-M-I-N-A-T-U-S.

We have much much less unenployment now.Do you know why?It doesn't have to do with our economy!If you pay half attention to the U.S. you might know a little bit about it!

Woah...unemployment isn't linked to the economy? I guess I do need to pay more attention to your country.

It's because stupid companies are moving plants over seas!Learn a little bit about my nation before you talk to me about how are economy is!!!!

What's rather sad here is that I, a Canadian, probably know more about your country than you do. At the very least, I know more about economics than you, seeing as I've never made the ridiculously ignorant claim that unemployment is unrelated to a country's economy.

Upvote 0

Antoninus Verus

Dec 28, 2004
Californication
✟2,022.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Actually of you want to see unenployment look at THe Great Depression Illumanist!We have much much less unenployment now.Do you know why?It doesn't have to do with our economy!If you pay half attention to the U.S. you might know a little bit about it!
Dude, again, mellow out. I agree Illuminatus, you fire off with "Your dumb" then claim un-employment is un-related to the economy. Do you even know what CAUSED the Great Depression?

It's because stupid companies are moving plants over seas!Learn a little bit about my nation before you talk to me about how are economy is!!!!
Out-sourcing is one of the causes of un-employment. But out-sourcing is one of the main reasons you pay 90 bucks for your Nikes rather than 120.

Upvote 0

Pentecostal Boy

C.S. Lewis/Tolkien Nerd
Mar 31, 2005
✟11,328.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
once more I said that one isn't because our economy is bad like I said it's because of those companies.It's not becuase our economy is bad oh and by the way I was just saying the closest thing to your name.Let me say this when I'm mad I type fast and let me tell ya I was and am typing really fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We're A great nation and let me tell you something I-L-L-U-M-I-N-A-T-U-S i know plenty about my nation and never ever ever tell me that I don't that is an insult to me!

Upvote 0

Antoninus Verus

Dec 28, 2004
Californication
✟2,022.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
once more I said that one isn't because our economy is bad like I said it's because of those companies.It's not becuase our economy is bad
Does...anyone else sense a future Darwin award winner? Son, those companies are a part of our economy. They are components in the US's economic engine

oh and by the way I was just saying the closest thing to your name.Let me say this when I'm mad I type fast and let me tell ya I was and am typing really fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We're A great nation and let me tell you something I-L-L-U-M-I-N-A-T-U-S i know plenty about my nation and never ever ever tell me that I don't that is an insult to me!
For the ump-teenth time, mellow, ok? We are here for friendly discussion. Getting a little passionate is ok, but its NOT ok to get mad at someone for accidentally mis-reading or mis-interpreting what you write, especially if it is as convoluded as your writing is.

Upvote 0

Illuminatus

Draft the chickenhawks
Nov 28, 2004
✟14,062.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Pentecostal Boy said:
We're A great nation and let me tell you something I-L-L-U-M-I-N-A-T-U-S i know plenty about my nation and never ever ever tell me that I don't that is an insult to me!

The truth hurts, hmm? You may know plenty about your nation, but that doesn't mean you know plenty of correct information. Your attempt at arguing that your high unemployment rate isn't linked to your economy effectively proved that.

Arguing that you don't have unemployment problems because your unemployment rates are lower than they were in 1929 isn't exactly a compelling argument.

Upvote 0

Antoninus Verus

Dec 28, 2004
Californication
✟2,022.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Pentecostal Boy said:
I am a kind of person that takes debating seriously.Oh and by the way.I don't believe in Evolution.If you want to know why I said that look at your own post
Ok, Ive had it, we'll see what a MOD thinks about this because I am VERY VERY tired of dancing the same steps over and over and Im sure Illuminatus is getting just a tad sick of it as well.

Upvote 0

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Pentecostal Boy said:
... i know plenty about my nation and never ever ever tell me that I don't that is an insult to me!

Well, you sure enlightened me about the 13 givernors making laws. I'm looking forward to reading more about what you know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Antoninus Verus

Dec 28, 2004
Californication
✟2,022.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Pentecostal Boy said:
I miss typed.....one mistake in typing and your branded for life!
Far be it for me to point out the obvious, but your typing record is not spotless. We cant understand what your saying and then you get angry for us not understanding or mis-interpreting

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Antoninus Verus

Dec 28, 2004
Californication
✟2,022.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
jgarden said:
Both Americans and the Romans have the same mind set. Each felt their destiny was to dominate the world militarily, economically and socially. There is a feeling of superiority over the rest of the world. :bow:
I think most Americans have a very arrogant mindset, but Im not so sure Americans generally feel its thier DESTINY to rule the world

Upvote 0

Illuminatus

Draft the chickenhawks
Nov 28, 2004
✟14,062.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Antoninus Verus said:
I think most Americans have a very arrogant mindset, but Im not so sure Americans generally feel its thier DESTINY to rule the world

You'd be surprised. Google "manifest destiny", and you'll probably be disturbed by some of the things you find. Fortunately, the concept seems to have petered out for the most part, but it still has some support.

Upvote 0

Antoninus Verus

Dec 28, 2004
Californication
✟2,022.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Illuminatus said:
You'd be surprised. Google "manifest destiny", and you'll probably be disturbed by some of the things you find. Fortunately, the concept seems to have petered out for the most part, but it still has some support.
Manifest destiny has basically already come about. Its just the belief that we were meant to settle the WHOLE country from east to west.

Upvote 0

Pentecostal Boy

C.S. Lewis/Tolkien Nerd
Mar 31, 2005
✟11,328.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For once we agree.Whoa scarry...
Yes manifest destiny was just our goal to reach from sea to shining sea without any land inbetween us and the Pacific we fulfilled this by getting the Louisiana Purchase but still added on to the manifest destiny.And no we are not out to rule the earth. Grow as an economic and military power yes conquer the world,no.

Upvote 0