United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mars and me

I stand on foreign soil. The toil is to build a dome one we will call our home. There's Jack, Terry and me my name is John. We have improved on our days work. 7 hours of work in these heavy space suits. My boots firmly on the ground, I take a nice lazy bound. Jack and Terry are unpacking the dome. Some of the boxes are heavy. "Hey let me give you a hand Terry. I think that's something we both can carry." "Thanks John there's a cart to put it on." "Looks like this will be the foundation of our home." "Hey Jack have you found a good place to start building the module ?" Several days of work and we have a class A space dome. I take off in the rover to roam. Wonder how fast this thing goes. Oh no rocks.......wham thron clear. I look at the damage. Yep that axel is busted, looks like I'll have to walk all the way back. Hope my air supply is enough. "This is John to base, wrecked rover am walking back." "Rodger that how much air do you have." "I think I have enough. I can see the dome it's about 4 miles away." "What direction are you coming from ,we'll bring you some oxygen." "NW to the dome." Maybe I should slow down and use less oxygen. They see me now, must stop for a few minutes to rest. "We see you now, wave your hand if you see us." "I see you getting low on oxygen." "Hi Jack must have been shaken up by the crash." "Glad we got here in time." "From now on everyone carries extra oxygen when we go out."

Life! We have discovered life on Mars ! Take a look through the microscope. "Not a moment to spare we leave for home in 20 days." A successful trip I think I lost my grip. They will wine us and dine us back home.

Blast off , goodbye Mars hope we served you well the next mission will be even better.

Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Birds in my backyard

A Hummingbird an Eagle a Wood Owl or two. Some Blue Jays a Cardinal,Goldfinches and lots of Robins. Crows and Seagulls too. I wasn't looking for these birds, they just came flying in my backyard. It wasn't hard to see them they were close. The Wood Owl was the one I liked the most. It was late at night I saw his flight across my backyard fence. The next day he was perched in a pine tree hooting and calling back to the night. Large magnificent bird hooting like one I've never heard before. A lonely spastic hooting like a young owl would make. His cry alerted other owls and he flew in there direction and wasn't so lonely anymore.

The Eagle flew down out of the sun and flashed his white tail feathers at me. I was so close I could see his big yellow beak as he flew down out of the clouds from his peak. He stayed a half hour flying round our house circling round and round looking for a mouse.

The Hummingbird came a foot away from me sitting in my chair. Flying in a pattern and carving up the air.

I wonder what bird I'll see next , if I keep my eyes open. Another owl I'm hoping.

Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Us

We are on a ball in space the face of the planet hasn't changed. But down here on the surface it's getting kind of hard to breathe. We need some relief from the smog and the air pollution. We need a solution we need salvation were tired of all the information. We need something that works. People in China are wearing air masks when they go out. There is no doubt trouble is brewing on this ball. Half the world has no clean water do you want to do something about it now or later. We can't afford to wait there are lives in the balance. Join the ones who are doing something about it. In the end it is us who must fix this place. We only have one planet.

Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I quit smoking

I'm composing this poem as I smoke my last one. I have a debt to pay to cigarettes. My debt to a cigarette is large and profound. I think about the time and money, the creases in my face that will never go away. I most regret the time wasted, I spent my day around a lousy cigarette. I could have been on the phone or home alone writing. I joined a gym and thanks to Him (God) I'm getting my health back. But today was the day, the day I quit. The day my last smoke was lit . As I sat there smoking something called to me. Cigarettes are holding you back do it now don't wait or even hesitate. Now I have a new perspective a new directive. As I put it out a burden was lifted from me and a feeling of joy which still remains came. I'm the same but I will never go back. I don't need a pack Jack I quit.

Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Space ark

A crew of 52 all married and young set forth in the ark haze gray and away. Today is the day. Our destination calls Alpha Proximus the closest start. Accelerating to the Sun then whipping around it and breaking free heading for our star . Maximum speed our ship is now on course to arrive in 257 years

Many births many deaths our crew level has reached its maximum number of 65. Every one alive is counting down the days. Soon we will be seeing another moon and planet. The planet we chose has water as clear as your nose. Is there life though that's what we don't know .

Circling our new found home, we still don't know if we are alone. Several crews have made it back and brought back fresh fruit we lacked. The food has been tested and has passed the tests. We have improved our stores and found some wonderful interesting tasty food. Hot news the last crews returned with reports of fish and birds on the equator. In the northern hemisphere there were reports of deer but they were lost in the forrest . We will stay a year or two then start our journey home. We built several information gathering domes and made many slides of all the life . Our scientific research leads us to conclude. Earth can rebuild here.

We are on our way home now and Earth is in sight. Try as we might we can't stop thinking about a home we have never seen before. I always want more about the stories of Earth.

At last we have achieved orbit and have gotten a great press release from the world wide media.

It's time to leave for home.

Captain's log : yes if you ever are in that part of the galaxy, do try the Mongi fruit. Sort of a cross between a watermelon and a blackberry.

Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My BMW

I don't have one but I drove one once. This car was by far the best I ever drove. I love the wrap around leather seat. Heat in the seat and AC too. You have to drive one they are so fun. Surprisingly fast and built to last. This is the car for me but I'm waiting to retire you see. It seems I always wanted a Beamer but then I 've always been a dreamer.

Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One day I saw a mouse. Cute little critter running outside the house. My spouse,when I told her about the mouse. Cried out , we must call an exterminator those things are proliferators. I just said now dear it's just a cute little critter . He was playing in the litter by the side of the house. I only saw one he was having some fun playing by the side of the house. The next day I saw the mouse again this time he had a friend. Oh oh, my wife was right I think we have a blight. Oh dear you were right. You were right for such a fright . You shed the light on the situation. Now before there is further complication, I will call the exterminator post haste.

So now there are no mice and everything is nice. I would gladly pay twice the price it cost us.

Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Down comes the snow big flakes drifting slow. Filling up the lawn it goes on and on. Angel drafts covering the lawn making it all white. It contrasts the dark night. Down, down,down comes the snow. When will it stop will these flakes forever drop.

Deeper it fills up the lawn will it ever be gone. I love the snow with the branches hung low. I stand on the porch and gaze in amazement. So this is our cold front meeting wet weather they came together and we have snow. Snow God's miracle. Snow like we haven't seen before snow with plenty to go. Flakes of snow filling the air flakes of snow getting in my hair.

I'm for hot chocolate and bed .

Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hannah

Hannah is her name, a great beauty with small town fame. I m going to put her on the stage under the bright lights. She is dynamite she deserves a shot but no matter what she's all I got.

Hannah is exotic a pleasure to see. With her I feel so free. I needed a woman I was incomplete now I'm whole heart and soul now I can sleep.

I know deep down inside my soul she's the one who will make me whole. At first the attraction was purely physical, then she gave me a piece of her soul, it was tasty.

Someday soon she and I will be wed . If I can hold it together and keep her well fed. Fed with my whole heart and soul and keep my eyes on the goal.

I wish you all a love like mine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lemonade stand

My kids put up a lemonade stand. Got to give them a hand . They used boxes to make the stand and a change box I lent them . They started this morning and are still at it this afternoon. I bought one for a dollar very good we can thank my wife for that. The cat hangs out with my two kids. I asked them any bids on the cat. They laughed at that. They painted it and wrote $ 1.00 all over the stand then they buried the bottom of the stand in sand. I think they are going to keep it up all weekend. I like having a lemonade stand it gives the kids something to do and looks real cool.

At dinner I asked them how much they made. They said $ 17.00 for lemonade were going to do it all week after school. My youngest one starts to drool at all the money they will make. Say you know mom can bake. I want a percentage for my time I want a dime of every dollar. And you are doing the dishes at the end of the day.

The next day in there own special way. They got ready for the day. This time they had baked goods too all covered with goo . A line of customers had already formed. Look cinnamon rolls only $ 2.00 home made.

They worked all day that Saturday and made $ 42.00 .

Now the lemonade stand is gone the kids are moving on. I will miss it as I sit in my office chair. I care what a pair my kids are. I think they are growing up and I take a big sip of my coffee cup.

Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Spiritual discipline

The face of the Spirit moves over the water. As the Spirit moves with beauty and power, my soul is refreshed with enough for the hour .

How does the Spirit within us grow , by asking Him in , of course. That's how we know.

Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Rocks and trees

Ancient rocks, building blocks , for caves and cottage. Our shelter in time of storm. Rocks are heavy hard to move. Smooth
Trees are growing at a pace to take over this planet if not for mankind. Trees are more beautiful than rocks. Although sometimes I am so astonished at the sight of home I cry .
Both if you rub and smash them together, make fire. Trees and rocks are beautiful. A canopy of green seldom seen by two. Opals ,rubies and diamonds. Beautiful beyond the concept of beauty. Words fail to describe the beauty found there. Trees have flowers of all colors even black and white. What's better jewels or flowers. Who can say for beauty they match each other.
And we end in a box carved out of a tree with gold on our teeth. Trees and rocks follow us to return back to the ground.

Upvote 0