Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone else watched it yet? I watched it today, thinking I'd hate it, and I actually REALLY liked it. Kept my attention the entire time, you really have to know me to know what a big deal that is lol...I was completely entertained.

jamiejohn

My Every breath belongs to you.
Aug 24, 2009
South Africa, Cape Town
✟7,876.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I prefer Costner's Bon Jovi version in every way. I suppose the new one was alright, it felt like a made for TV movie with big actors. I'd rather have watched it on DVD or Television. I suppose I did go in with big expectations was expecting a movie of Gladiator's caliber, probably my bad.

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I prefer Costner's Bon Jovi version in every way. I suppose the new one was alright, it felt like a made for TV movie with big actors. I'd rather have watched it on DVD or Television. I suppose I did go in with big expectations was expecting a movie of Gladiator's caliber, probably my bad.

I didn't like Gladiator:sorry: Since it was the same director doing this, it's why I expected to not like it. I've never seen the other version of Robin Hood that you've mentioned..in fact, the only other Robin Hood movie I've seen is the Disney cartoon one ^_^

Upvote 0

jamiejohn

My Every breath belongs to you.
Aug 24, 2009
South Africa, Cape Town
✟7,876.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh maybe it's a guy thing? It's the first time I've ever hear someone not liking Gladiator : (. But I wonder about this Ridley Scott guy, he does seem to have an agenda? I really doubt you'll like his other movie Kingdom of Heaven it seems seems to have some anti Christian sentiment, I would say the new Robin Hood does as well but it is slight I guess. Still like that Gladiator though.

You should watch the old one, nice family friendly adventure type movie If I recollect correctly, I must have watched about 5 times. You might be able to get it at the library or something, I know most old movies don't seem to be in the dvd rental stores anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StartedAtEly

Jun 28, 2010
Belgium
✟15,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone else watched it yet? I watched it today, thinking I'd hate it, and I actually REALLY liked it. Kept my attention the entire time, you really have to know me to know what a big deal that is lol...I was completely entertained.

Russell Crowe has a very bad fake English accent

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Russell Crowe has a very bad fake English accent
It is understandable for poor actors/actresses to have this problem, but a person that could afford to go to the country and learn directly is not.

I do not pick up accents easily, but if I wanted to I could learn it, if I was there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yukikyo

On Fire!
Dec 1, 2005
United States
✟194.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I haven't seen the Costner version but I loved this new version. I watched the Directors/Uncut version. I was extremely surprised to find that there was no swearing or nudity in it. I love it all the more for that.
Great story and characters, believable romance.
Very awesome

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is there a new Robin Hood movie out? I wasn't aware of it.

If you're looking for a really good Robin Hood movie, try "The Adventures of Robin Hood" from 1938. It stars Errol Flynn.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
While I haven't seen the movie, I have seen the trailer on Rogers on Demand numerous times, and just how that trailer was edited together, and with the "I knew your parents" "Are you ready to find out who you are" lines, I honestly keep thinking that Russel Crow is gonna show up in the next scene in a Bat-mask.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟20,309.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Robin Hood Movie, points to the origin of Robin Hood character. Nice story.

I thought it was a good movie, but what you said reminds me of a stupid trend in movies that's really annoying: Origin Movies, there's origins for XMEN, Beginnings of Batman and then individual origins for every character in-between! Stop it with the origins crap Hollywood and get on with the endings! What's gonna happen in 20 years when Hollywood cannot come up with a another "origin movie"? Probably it will then be "Destiny Movies", destiny of Batman, Superman and so on...so annoying, Hollywood is the antithesis of originality.

Upvote 0