United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I doubt he learned diddly squat. His staff convinced him that he had to do this or else attention Donald wants for himself would be diverted to this.

Donald's learned to listen to his staff -- a minor achievement is still an achievement.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Donald's learned to listen to his staff -- a minor achievement is still an achievement.

Toddlers learn how to listen to mommy and daddy when the right toys are held up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow, we can’t even honor the man’s memory without taking an opportunity to blast the President.

that’s a real shame

Prayers for his family and thanks for a lifetime of service.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
"We are better than this."

...it's up to us to make it so.

And therein lies the unpleasant question that nobody wants asked, let alone answered:

"What if we're really not?"

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yougottabekidding

Nov 3, 2018
Oologah
✟28,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
White House, Capitol flags flown at half-staff following Cummings death

Donald had no love for Cummings, but I'll give him credit for apparently learning his lesson after the McCain fiasco...

Sure he'll enjoy one of the best perks of heaven right now - not having to deal with Donald Trump.

May God comfort the folks who loved him.

I doubt he learned diddly squat. His staff convinced him that he had to do this or else attention Donald wants for himself would be diverted to this.

Toddlers learn how to listen to mommy and daddy when the right toys are held up.

The man served his country for decades and instead of doing things to honor him, you turn it into a political statement to throw juvenile comments towards the President.

Rep. Cummings was a good man, respected by people on both sides of the aisle. I've watched hours of his proceedings in Congress Oversight. He stood up for what he believed and was for the most part a very fair person IMO.

He deserves kind words and thanks - not being turned into a tool to dig at the President.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The man served his country for decades and instead of doing things to honor him, you turn it into a political statement to throw juvenile comments towards the President.

Rep. Cummings was a good man, respected by people on both sides of the aisle. I've watched hours of his proceedings in Congress Oversight. He stood up for what he believed and was for the most part a very fair person IMO.

He deserves kind words and thanks - not being turned into a tool to dig at the President.

He was a good man, respected by people on both sides of the aisles. He stood up for what he believed in and was a very fair person, which meant standing up to Donald Trump.

He also had a sense of humor. Part of respecting him is respecting that. The thread had been moving along just fine with folks getting along with one another. No reason to start up contentiousness.

Upvote 0

yougottabekidding

Nov 3, 2018
Oologah
✟28,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
He was a good man, respected by people on both sides of the aisles. He stood up for what he believed in and was a very fair person, which meant standing up to Donald Trump.

He also had a sense of humor. Part of respecting him is respecting that. The thread had been moving along just fine with folks getting along with one another. No reason to start up contentiousness.

If you are not able to make a post without mentioning the President - that might be very telling.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
If you are not able to make a post without mentioning the President - that might be very telling.

You gotta be kidding. If you're not able to make a post without kicking up a sanctimonious squabble that it's diametric to the spirit of Elijah Cummings, that's very telling. I remember your post that was derisive of his life's work. The time to show respect was when he was alive.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You gotta be kidding. If you're not able to make a post without kicking up a sanctimonious squabble that it's diametric to the spirit of Elijah Cummings, that's very telling. I remember your post that was derisive of his life's work. The time to show respect was when he was alive.

Indeed -- too many people find it easier to kick a man when he's down, and you don't get further down than dead. Cummings was a man of great character; so much so, that even the well-known cheap shot artists who have no compunctions about disrespecting the dead or living have wisely decided to show him respect in his passing.

Upvote 0