Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The moment we believe on Christ Ephesian 4:24.

The moment we believed on Christ, we justified, sanctified, made holy, made righteous, made blameless, redeemed, ect.

Our old sin nature died, and we were 'born again' with a new righteous spirit. So now when God sees us, he doesn't see who we were, but who we are now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At what point is the Christian declared righteous before almighty God? At justification, sanctification, or glorification?

As for Glorified, our spirits are as saved as they will ever be, but we receive our glorified body when Christ returns again. At that point our minds and body are glorified.

• Agree
Reactions: Sola1517
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
At what point is the Christian declared righteous before almighty God? At justification, sanctification, or glorification?
When they are saved...

At the beginning, at being justified, when you are converted or saved, and begin walking a new path...

We are all equal sinners in God's eyes, and also equallly free to being saved by grace, just by believing and equally free to all the gifts of grace, like being forgiven, all the way to being declared righteous and everything in between, for there is no difference on the other end either, which is each of being equal to grace or being declared righteous, justified, ect through grace by faith...

Just as were all equal sinners, we are equal to the benefits of grace and being under grace as well...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
We are equal opportunity recipients of grace, if we'd only believe it, just as we were all equal equal sinners (In God's eyes) also, in his eyes, equal recipients of grace...

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be saved...

What can wash away my sins, only the blood of Jesus being shed for me, only his being my personal sacrifice for me, and my sins, then "grace" and all that comes with it. for there is no difference, the scripture says and have equal and full access to all that comes by only God's grace (and mercy and love) for sinners like me...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Point or process?
If point, then at justification however that does not entail that one's positional righteousness will automatically result in practical righteousness as practical righteousness involves a process, i.e. sanctification. Not all Christians from the point of justification/positional righteousness go on to live a sanctified life/practical righteousness. Some backslide and don't live sanctified lives. "Little children, LET NO ONE DECEIVE YOU. Whoever PRACTICES righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous" (1 Jn 3:7). John emphasized that little children/believers should not be deceived as the ongoing practice of righteousness is necessary to declaring us righteous which eventually results in our glorification. Those who don't practice righteousness as a lifestyle are no longer (positionally) righteous as a result of their sinful actions not repented of.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Point or process?
If point, then at justification however that does not entail that one's positional righteousness will automatically result in practical righteousness as practical righteousness involves a process, i.e. sanctification. Not all Christians from the point of justification/positional righteousness go on to live a sanctified life/practical righteousness. Some backslide and don't live sanctified lives. "Little children, LET NO ONE DECEIVE YOU. Whoever PRACTICES righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous" (1 Jn 3:7). John emphasized that little children/believers should not be deceived as the ongoing practice of righteousness is necessary to declaring us righteous which eventually results in our glorification. Those who don't practice righteousness as a lifestyle are no longer (positionally) righteous as a result of their sinful actions not repented of.
What is a righteous lifestyle...?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
We are equal opportunity recipients of grace, if we'd only believe it, just as we were all equal equal sinners (In God's eyes) also, in his eyes, equal recipients of grace...

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be saved...

What can wash away my sins, only the blood of Jesus being shed for me, only his being my personal sacrifice for me, and my sins, then "grace" and all that comes with it. for there is no difference, the scripture says and have equal and full access to all that comes by only God's grace (and mercy and love) for sinners like me...

God Bless!
We have been "Re-Deemed" worthy of "any and all good things" through grace by faith...

If we have been born again...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is a righteous lifestyle...?
Some hints:
Hebrews 5:9 - A righteous lifestyle means obedience to God.
1 John 2:5 - A righteous lifestyle means keeping His word.
John 10:27 - A righteous lifestyle means listening and following the shepherd.
Rom 8:13 - A righteous lifestyle means living according to the Spirit and not according to the flesh.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Some hints:
Hebrews 5:9 - A righteous lifestyle means obedience to God.
1 John 2:5 - A righteous lifestyle means keeping His word.
John 10:27 - A righteous lifestyle means listening and following the shepherd.
Rom 8:13 - A righteous lifestyle means living according to the Spirit and not according to the flesh.
How does sin work into that...?

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You asked me about a righteous lifestyle which is about holiness/sanctification; not unrighteousness which is about sinful living
Examine Rom 8:13 closely. This warning by Paul is addressed to the brethren (v.12). Paul warns if believers sin by living according to the flesh - they will die. This death is spiritual death; not physical death because every single person physically dies, irrespective how they conduct their lives. If a believer lives in habitual sin that is not repented of, he/she reaps spiritual death - which is eternal separation from God.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's when he becomes, um, righteous. And this necessarily involves the will of man, cooperating with and aligning itself with the will of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CObondservant

Aug 26, 2017
Colorado
✟16,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That's like asking the question - show me a baptized Christian in the New Testament. We are justified, sanctified, name written in the Book of Life, Saved, born again, made memebers of the Acts 2 church, all when we obey the gospel pattern Peter first preached in Acts 2:26-47

• Agree
Upvote 0

Sola1517

Saint-in-Progress (Looking for a Church)
Jun 27, 2016
Don't ask
✟20,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's when he becomes, um, righteous. And this necessarily involves the will of man, cooperating with and aligning itself with the will of God.
Which means what?

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Which means what?
It means that God's purpose is more than to simply save a few otherwise wretched worms-the "elect"-and damn the rest. His purpose has always been about steering His wayward creation, which He loves lavishly, back into "unwaywardness". Adam had a problem of the will-and God would not prevent or override the choice Adam made. By the same token He still doesn't intend to violate man's will now-even as we need help in willing rightly. So he draws us-He's been working on drawing humanity throughout history - into justice, into alignment with His will. He wants us to choose rightly, as opposed to Adam's wrong choice; He wants us to choose good over evil, life over death, God over no God-but will never force it. The justice/righteousness He desires to bestow on us is directly connected to our willingness to receive, cooperate with, and grow in it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I would present that we are righteous before God the moment we are born again with the Spirit of Christ, the very Spirit of God.

Just as a child born of a mother has the qualities of the father which he sees on birth, and so that baby is righteous in his eyes.

Upvote 0

kw5kw

Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
Ft. Worth, Texas
✟15,384.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Sin is disobedience to God. It is not doing what God wants us to do which is to worship Him. Sin is also not following His rules.

If your mother or father said:”Don’t stay out past 9pm.” And you stayed out until 11pm then you disobeyed (sinned) against your parents.

And you have disobeyed (sinned) against God and one of the ten commandments:" Honor your father and Mother" Ex 20:12.

If you break any of God’s rules then you sin against Him in the same manner.

It is the death of Jesus on the Cross, His shedding of His blood that has washed away all of your sins past, present and future. And God’s Grace has given you a place in Heaven with Him because of your faith in Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0