Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
As a scientist, I take offence at the suggestion that I am an ignoramus. Just because Wikipedia says that a kiwi is a bird, does not prove that it is not a mammal. Posting lots of stuff lifted off Wikipedia is just intellectual laziness. Now that we have established that the kiwi is in fact a mammal, I will demonstrate how it got to Suva, in Fiji.

Just beat them solidly by your knowledge and wisdom. Don't argue on whether you are an expert of something or not. You are here to talk for God, not for yourself.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Even I know that a chicken is a bird..
You surprise me, but I suppose statistically you were eventually going to get something correct.

Chickens are birds. Birds are avian dinosaurs. All other dinosaurs that are not birds are non-avian dinosaurs. You have it bass ackwards.

I can't understand what you just wrote. Its gibberish. What does bass ackwards mean?
Really. If you refer to the second line in my signature I note that lack of comprehension on the part of the reader is my responsibility. However, even I draw the line here. You are either trolling or have picked up some chicken level intellect while studying them. Pay attention - I'll try to use small words.

Chickens are birds. There are many kinds of birds.

All birds - that's all birds without any exception - are dinosaurs. That is an absolute. Since they are birds they fall into the group of avian dinosaurs. (No, no, no! They don't literally fall in, or fly in, or swim in, or take the bus. It's a colloquial expression. I told you to pay attention.)

All dinosaurs that are not birds are therefore not avian dinosaurs. They are non-avian dinosaurs. You claimed that chickens were non-avian dinosaurs. That's just wrong.

Keep paying attention: you didn't just get it wrong, you got it back to front, you got it bass ackwards.

And, to repeat an earlier note: your humour is not working. Carry on jokes that rely upon audible paronamasia will not work in print. Humour that is five decades old is unlikely to work in print. Give it up and please remember, Brexit does not mean we shall lose access to French and Italian wine, so ease up on the bottle. Your liver will thank you for it.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Hiscosmicgoldfish3

Mar 11, 2018
Barnstaple
✟19,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Just beat them solidly by your knowledge and wisdom. Don't argue on whether you are an expert of something or not. You are here to talk for God, not for yourself.

I can talk about Hashem, the God of Israel, I still believe in God, and I will never disrespect my upbringing and heritage, even as I now choose to leave Christianity. I am not going to agree with Christians or atheists, on religion. I have my own beliefs. Jesus said that the Kingdom is within you. I believe that. I was raised Catholic. I was forced into that religion, even though I never believed any of it. As a child, I was hopeful that there was a God, but I never had any evidence for that.
So as a youth, I started out on a quest to gain knowledge. I studied the global flood, for years. Then aged 28 the local pastor convinced me of the truth of Christianity. He mentioned that Jesus mentioned the flood of Noah, and that seemed to settle it for me, back then. The pastor said that I was going to hell, because I was an agnostic. He provided evidence about the flood, like tree fossils going through various rock strata. I was convinced of the evidence for a global flood, and I still am, up to a point.
However, it still doesn't work, so although I believe that there was a global flood, I don't think that it actually happened in the past. The past is a construct, that's all. My own past does not exist, and I no longer exist as that person, none of the past exists, and that is why the sovereign of the matrix, can change the past, and the king James bible, if he chooses to, for whatever reason.
I am beginning to understand now, that the reason for larking about with the past, is to breakdown our sense of reality. The assurance that people have that everything around them is real and solid. It isn't. It's an illusion, everything. We exist inside virtual reality, that can be altered. Thankfully it's not an ordinary person outside of this matrix, sitting at a computer, with the power to shut down the computer, and shut down all of us, existing inside this matrix. When this theory was first suggested, and I heard of it, I became very disturbed. I thought, if that's true, then what am I? Do I really exist? Or am I just a simulation, inside a simulation?
It's taken me years to work through this. I am a simulation inside the matrix, but outside is God, in control of the matrix. Even if that might upset many Christians, to think that the king James bible could be altered by the Mandela effect. But it's true. It happens.
This recent realisation, that we exist in a simulation, and the past is not fixed, has led me to leave Christianity. I don't want to upset anyone's faith, but for me, Christianity is no longer for me, because I don't believe in anything.. not Luther, Calvin, anyone.
I walked into a church in Ilfracombe, Devon. I walked to the front of the church. At the altar was a wooden board, and painted on that board was the Lord's prayer. It looked like it was about 200 years old. I was raised Catholic, and was a devout protestant for 25 years, so I know the Lord's prayer. I know that it never said, which art in heaven. It always said, who art in heaven.
So, the person who painted that board, didn't paint it. He never existed. If that man never existed in the past, then who else didn't exist? Anyone? Me even? Not even me.
There is only the present, within my consciousness, my mind. I exist within mind, and everything is mind. I have very personal proof that nothing is real. It's only real, as sustained in the mind of God. When God, chooses, solid reality shuts down.
Any hallucination, can be every bit as real as ordinary life. I didn't get it. Visions from God are completely real. It's not just the wooden board in that church. I have other evidence of the Mandela effect. I know that this can be very disturbing for people, as they think that they are losing a sense of reality. That can be upsetting, if you don't understand what is going on.
As regards the flood. How did koalas get to Australia? How did they get there? From the ark of Noah, at mount Ararat in Asia Minor? All the way to Australia, and nowhere else? Did they swim? Did they evolve from some other animal? Where is the evidence for that? And some creationists will say that kangaroos have been found as fossils in other places other than Australia. I never found any evidence for that. There are extinct marsupial fossils, found in Australia. Why just Australia? Were there always marsupials in Australia, and various prehistoric reptiles?
Bird distribution. Animal distribution. There is no solution with the flood of Noah, and whatever Jesus is supposed to have said, it is not possible, when you do some investigation and think it through. Jesus said that there was a flood of Noah. So what? Doesn't matter anymore as I am no longer a Christian, so it doesn't bother me, when he went around saying that everyone was going to hell. You wont find hellfire in the Hebrew bible. It always puzzled me before.. why suddenly hell, in the new testament, but not in the Hebrew bible? I used to think, sort of, that it was a new revelation, but I never really bought that.
Why place follies in the fossil record?
The reason is similar to the moon. The moon presents as a solid sphere of light in the sky, through a telescope. The edges appear to slope away, like a sphere. But it isn't a sphere. I won't go into all that, as that's another topic. Just to say, that the moon is a flat disc of light in the sky. You can do simple scientific test, to prove that moonlight is cold light, and is not reflected sunlight. So it's a folly. Like rabbi Singer says, maintaining free will is so important, that God allows for such things as miracles, occasionally, such as Ganesh drinking milk in India. That doesn't prove that Hinduism is the only true religion, it just proves that Ganesh can drink milk. Similar with the moon, and the moons of Jupiter. It gives the option for free will, to be maintained, as such an important principle, that God has constructed a deceptive reality for us.
Neanderthal man. What's it doing in the fossil record? Creationists say, just another race of man, not a separate species. What about Denisovans?
The past provides continuity, for people, so that they can believe that what they believe is the truth. That Mohammed really existed, and that is why they are Muslims. If Moses never existed, and I don't for a minute believe that Moses existed.. am I going to start arguing with rabbi Singer, and try to destroy his religion? Not my job. I don't want to go around insulting everyone's religion, but this forum allows for atheists, and non Christians. I have adopted a liberal Noahide faith. No rabbi, no priest or pastor, no church or synagogue. We are the ones that take the faith, not the rabbis, they have their religion, and we have ours.
25 years as a protestant, and I studied the bible, a lot. Before leaving Christianity, I had developed a very liberal understanding of Christianity. I was no longer tolerated by any Christian, so a good to to leave.
But the truth is that most dinosaurs are probably fakes. Like Eric Dubay says. It's like a realisation.. they are fakes. Fakes or follies, placed in the fossil record to cause endless uncertainty, except for those people who never seriously consider the problems of young-earth creation and the flood, or Darwin's British establishment agenda, to remove faith in God altogether.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hiscosmicgoldfish3

Mar 11, 2018
Barnstaple
✟19,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
You surprise me, but I suppose statistically you were eventually going to get something correct.

Really. If you refer to the second line in my signature I note that lack of comprehension on the part of the reader is my responsibility. However, even I draw the line here. You are either trolling or have picked up some chicken level intellect while studying them. Pay attention - I'll try to use small words.

Chickens are birds. There are many kinds of birds.

Like I said, I know that chickens are birds. And it's against the forum rules to go around saying that people have chicken brains, and other such insults.

All birds - that's all birds without any exception - are dinosaurs. That is an absolute. Since they are birds they fall into the group of avian dinosaurs. (No, no, no! They don't literally fall in, or fly in, or swim in, or take the bus. It's a colloquial expression. I told you to pay attention.)

All dinosaurs that are not birds are therefore not avian dinosaurs. They are non-avian dinosaurs. You claimed that chickens were non-avian dinosaurs. That's just wrong.

Nope, I still don't understand what you are trying to say. Complete and utter gibberish. Hang on a minute.. why aren't chickens non avian dinosaurs, and other birds are non avian dinosaurs? What's so different about chickens?

Keep paying attention: you didn't just get it wrong, you got it back to front, you got it bass ackwards.

Still makes no sense.

And, to repeat an earlier note: your humour is not working. Carry on jokes that rely upon audible paronamasia will not work in print. Humour that is five decades old is unlikely to work in print. Give it up and please remember, Brexit does not mean we shall lose access to French and Italian wine, so ease up on the bottle. Your liver will thank you for it.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? audible paronamasia .. that's not even a real word, and it doesn't show up as a real word, because you just made it up. And I don't drink alcohol. You carry on getting drunk if you want, but try to be serious, as this is a serious discussion forum, and I am trying to have a serious discussion with people, who might know something about whether dinosaurs are real, or are faked by scientists, in the USA. If you just stay on here as a troll, insulting people, then move along.

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟234,084.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
I can't understand what you just wrote. Its gibberish. What does bass ackwards mean?

If you are English and have reached the age of 55 without understanding the meaning of the phrase 'bass ackwards', you are beyond hope. Try moving the first letter of the first word to the beginning of the second word.

Upvote 0

Hiscosmicgoldfish3

Mar 11, 2018
Barnstaple
✟19,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
If you are English and have reached the age of 55 without understanding the meaning of the phrase 'bass ackwards', you are beyond hope. Try moving the first letter of the first word to the beginning of the second word.
junk. its not English, it's trailer trash speak, and I don't speak trailer trash, I speak the Queens English, and you should try it.. we gave you the English language, so please don't abuse our language. If it wasn't for us Englishmen, you lot would still be living in yurts.
There are a lot of people on this thread, who seem to like insults, saying that I am drunk, on mushrooms, whatever. I might like to remind, that saying that I am off my head on drink and mushrooms, is against forum rules. Just because you are unable to develop any ideas of your own, in order to try and refute my beliefs, and even that is not the purpose of this thread.. results in insults. It shows the lack of character.
It's like if you were a heavy drinker, and you started arguing with a man in a bar, about dinosaurs being fake, and that man gets very upset, because you are challenging his paradigm, and he punches you, say breaking your glasses.. what do you do? do you punch him back? Of course not. You stand there and calmly make your points, and endeavour to convince that man of his gross error.
I am allowed to state on this thread what I believe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟241,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Nope, I still don't understand what you are trying to say. Complete and utter gibberish. Hang on a minute.. why aren't chickens non avian dinosaurs, and other birds are non avian dinosaurs? What's so different about chickens?
All birds, including chickens and kiwis, are avian dinosaurs. They survived the end-Cretaceous extinction event. The non-avian dinosaurs are not birds, none of them. And none of them survived the end-Cretaceous extinction. What is so difficult to understand about that?

What the hell is that supposed to mean? audible paronamasia .. that's not even a real word, and it doesn't show up as a real word, because you just made it up.
Really? You can't cope with a single, simple typographical error? Audible paronomasia - puns that are effective when heard, but less so when read.

That you were unfamiliar with the formal term for puns calls into question your allleged command of the English language.

And I don't drink alcohol. You carry on getting drunk if you want, but try to be serious, as this is a serious discussion forum, and I am trying to have a serious discussion with people, who might know something about whether dinosaurs are real, or are faked by scientists, in the USA. If you just stay on here as a troll, insulting people, then move along.
I'm all for having a serious discussion, but in order to do that you have to do, as a minimum, the following:

1. Make coherent, well organised posts - stop rambling!
2. Stop the ineffective attempts at humour.
3. Hold a dialogue with your audience, not a monologue with yourself.
4. Be consistent in what you write. (There are at least two or three examples where you have contradicted yourself.)
5. Don't post nonsense. (Kiwis as mammals; rubbish about where emus are from; etc.)

To save you some time here is what you say you want to know:
A. Dinosaurs were real
B. Dinosaur fossils are real
C. Birds are dinosaurs and they are real, so dinosaurs are still real.
D. Many dinosaur exhibits are formed from casts of the original, or contain some casts mixed in with the real fossil bones. Such casts are not fakes, since they were not produced in order to deceive.
E. Probably there have been incidents of bones being faked, but this has never been done systematically, has never been common and the fakes are readily identified by an expert.

Upvote 0

Hiscosmicgoldfish3

Mar 11, 2018
Barnstaple
✟19,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
All birds, including chickens and kiwis, are avian dinosaurs. They survived the end-Cretaceous extinction event. The non-avian dinosaurs are not birds, none of them. And none of them survived the end-Cretaceous extinction. What is so difficult to understand about that?
What the hell is that supposed to mean? audible paronamasia .. that's not even a real word, and it doesn't show up as a real word, because you just made it up.
Really? You can't cope with a single, simple typographical error? Audible paronomasia - puns that are effective when heard, but less so when read.

Nothing I said was a pun.

That you were unfamiliar with the formal term for puns calls into question your allleged command of the English language.

And I don't drink alcohol. You carry on getting drunk if you want, but try to be serious, as this is a serious discussion forum, and I am trying to have a serious discussion with people, who might know something about whether dinosaurs are real, or are faked by scientists, in the USA. If you just stay on here as a troll, insulting people, then move along.
I'm all for having a serious discussion, but in order to do that you have to do, as a minimum, the following:

I do all that.

I wasn't trying to amuse you.

Who makes the rules? Why should I listen to anything that you say?

4. Be consistent in what you write. (There are at least two or three examples where you have contradicted yourself.)
5. Don't post nonsense. (Kiwis as mammals; rubbish about where emus are from; etc.)

That's not nonsense. You have been unable to refute anything that I have said, which is scientific fact. You haven't bothered trying to refute anything, just spout off a load of old junk derived from the ideas of the British Establishment.

A. Dinosaurs were real

You believe that if you want to. You obviously have no curiosity about trying to discover the truth about anything. You just go along with everything you have been taught like a sheep.

Birds are not dinosaurs. Why do you believe that dinosaur fossils are real? How do you know that they are not fake?

D. Many dinosaur exhibits are formed from casts of the original, or contain some casts mixed in with the real fossil bones. Such casts are not fakes, since they were not produced in order to deceive.

Prove that. You must work for one of these organisations that push out all the fakes. Either that.. or .. I don't know. Trusting. Gullible.

E. Probably there have been incidents of bones being faked, but this has never been done systematically, has never been common and the fakes are readily identified by an expert.

Rubbish, again. There is no point discussing anything. I know all that establishment doctrine. I could post the same stuff, or paste it from Wikipedia. Anyone can do that. To be honest, I really dont understand why people believe all that. Most people on earth are locked into religions, taught to them by their parents. I am not here trying to convince people of anything. What difference does it make? No difference. I dont care if people believe in God or not. I dont care if people want to carry on believing rubbish, as long as they dont try to impose their rubbish on me. I would care if I had children, being taught lies, but I dont.
I would care if I lived in the USA, and my children were taken into care, for going against the heliocentric dogma. I would care if Muslim law was imposed in my country.
I would care if anyone was persecuted because of their beliefs, religion, sexual orientation. Teaching children lies in school is wrong. Forcing a child into any religion is wrong. As I was forced into babylon, from birth. It has taken me 55 years to remove myself from that religious cult, and from christianity. Indoctrination is powerful. No matter what it is.. religion, darwinism, heliocentrism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟241,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Nothing I said was a pun.
You said this.
I would go as far as to say, that these people have it in for me and my profession. Infamy! They've all got it in for me!
The pun is based on the similarity of the phrase "in for me" and the word "infamy". This is a well known line from the one of the Carry On series of light hearted comedies, specifically Carry on Cleo, where it was mouthed by Kenneth Williams.
Perhaps you were ashamed to admit the act of plagiarism.

I do all that.
No, you don't. As the writer you do not get to decide if you are coherent. The readers make that decision.

I wasn't trying to amuse you.
Then why post a pun that was voted as the funniest film one liner?

Who makes the rules? Why should I listen to anything that you say?
It is not a question of rules. This is a discussion forum. In order to hold an effective discussion all parties should write clearly and succinctly. If you choose not to then your ideas are less likely to be understood or accepted. Of course, if you came here simply to rant then Carry On.

That's not nonsense. You have been unable to refute anything that I have said, which is scientific fact. You haven't bothered trying to refute anything, just spout off a load of old junk derived from the ideas of the British Establishment.
The nonsense you have posted is barely worth refuting, nevertheless some members have done so. You are the one making insane suggestions, so the primary onus is upon you to provided detailed support for your claims.

But I'll play along with you. Please detail the following:
1. What are the fundamental characteristics of mammals?
2. Which of these features are present on kiwis. (Please present evidence to support the presence of these features.)

A. Dinosaurs were real

You believe that if you want to. You obviously have no curiosity about trying to discover the truth about anything. You just go along with everything you have been taught like a sheep.
My curiosity was sufficient for me to take a degree in geology that contained a substantial amount of palaeontology. In regard to dinosaurs I have supplemented that with the study of several texts and popular science works on dinosaurs, plus a smattering of research papers. Conclusion: Dinosaurs were and are real.

Birds are not dinosaurs. Why do you believe that dinosaur fossils are real? How do you know that they are not fake?
It is now agreed that birds are dinosaurs. If you wish to disagree with accepted science it is up to you to produce contrary evidence. Good luck with that.

I have collected many hundreds of invertebrate fossils and examined hundreds more. I know they are real. The same principles have been applied to the collection and examination of dinosaur fossils. There is no compelling reason to believe that there is a silent conspiracy to conceal the truth. The first dinosaurs were found, classified and named by devout Christians who favoured creation over evolution, so this conspiracy - were it to exist - would have to be supported across the religious spectrum from fundamentalist to aggressive atheist and for some two centuries. That's just silly.

Prove that. You must work for one of these organisations that push out all the fakes. Either that.. or .. I don't know. Trusting. Gullible.

Rubbish, again.
That's right. We have discovered we can make fortunes by creating fake dinosaur bones and have been joined in this endeavour by thousands of scientists a substantial number of whom are Christians and we have kept on doing this for two hundred years. Get real! If there is any gullibility here it is to be found in your posts and your nonsensical beliefs.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hiscosmicgoldfish3

Mar 11, 2018
Barnstaple
✟19,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I believed in dinosaurs as a child. I remember that I had a rubber triceratops and stegosaurus. I also had a small rubber octopus called crabby. I went to St Joseph's catholic primary school. I was foolish, as I took crabby with me to school. One day, another boy threw my beloved crabby up onto the school roof. I think that I picked up dinosaur lore from the surrounding culture.
I was taught heliocentrism by a nun. I remember the class.
She said, well, vulnerable 6 year old school children, who haven't yet developed the ability to think for yourselves.. here's how it is.. there was the sun, and around the sun was dust and rocks. This dust and rocks gathered together by gravity, and formed the planets, including the earth, which orbits the sun.
Oh OK.. said the 6 year old boy, sounds reasonable.. I believe that. Move forward 40 years, and me thinks.. is that really true? lets try and find out.. so I order a book, due to the advent of the internet in the 90s.. the availability of books became much greater than before.. I read the book, Galileo was Wrong. Very complicated. Then years later, YouTube, and exposure to people like the Lord Steven Christ, who teaches that the earth is concave, not convex. That got me thinking.. could that be true?
More exposure to YouTube, and I discover Eric Dubay.. and I buy his book, with the proofs for the flat earth. So I realise.. I had been a schmuck.. for 50 years.. they taught me lies at St Joseph's, when I had no ability to reason for myself.. no critical thinking skills.
Then I buy the book off Amazon.. The Greatest Lie on Earth, by Edward Hendrie. The author repeats a lot of Dubay's proofs, but it is a much bigger book than Dubay's Flat Earth Conspiracy.
So the Lord Steven Christ was wrong, as it's very simple.. there is no curvature. If however you go on a forum like this, and state that the earth is flat and that NASA are a bunch of liars, faking space.. what do you get? .. ignoramus, who come on the forum, post a few stupid pictures of an ostrich with it's head in the sand, and then they go away.. satisfied that they are believing what it true, and that other people are fools.. because they have no interest in what is true or false. And it is a complete waste of time having anything to do with those people, who comprise the majority of people on the planet.
Same with dinosaurs.. carry on believing that dinosaurs are real.. not my problem.. I don't have any influence.. I cannot stop liars teaching children in school that dinosaurs changed into birds.. so that those children go home and tell their parents what they have been taught.. infuriating some parents, who know that that is a lie.
I understand that children need to be taught at school. I was failing at St Joseph's, failing in the basics of reading and writing, as they spent so much time teaching crap, and neglected the basics. Then I went to a secular school, and caught up again with reading and writing, and they taught other subjects, like how to make a basket, and how to sew, and music, and they encouraged us to read books, and do maths.
I was sat down and taught Darwinism, at secondary school. Someone in the class asked the teacher if he believed in evolution. The teacher said that he did, but that he believed that the original spark of life was a miracle. I sort of believed in evolution, and I picked up the big bang theory, much like dinosaur hocum. I never had any faith in God, despite being raised Catholic. I was hopeful that there was a God, but I never got any evidence of God.
I left Babylon as soon as I left school. I just wasn't a bit interested in their mass. I was interested in trying to discover the truth. Those 40 or so years of searching for the truth, has led to to leave Christianity, and drop Jesus and all organised religion. To continue to seek knowledge and understanding of everything. Either by reading books, looking at YouTube videos, or direct revelation from God.
I can no longer tolerate the continuous lies of the British Establishment, so I no longer watch their propaganda programming on TV. As the years go on, tolerance to BS reduces.
I don't care if anyone objects to me writing all this.. it's not against forum rules, as far as I am aware. And really.. I am not going to convince anyone that dinosaurs are a hoax, and what if I did manage to do that? What odds would that make in the world?
I could learn something about eschatology, but as I am no longer a Christian, I am not allowed onto that forum, rules is rules. I did learn, on the eschatology forum, but that steady process of learning, led me to reject the writings of Paul and others, and Revelation.. and that is not tolerated by Christians, you are not allowed to reject any of that, as that is the foundation of their religion.. I did not realise that at the time.
I was in hospital recently, and the hospital chaplain said that it doesn't matter if I don't believe that Jesus ever existed.. once you are born again, that's it.. but I can no longer call myself a Christian, as I don't believe in that.
Although I don't believe that there was any real Noah, I have adopted a very liberal Noahide faith.. Bene Noach, which is Hebrew for sons of Noah. Our religious scholars are the rabbis, but we are not Jews, and I have no plans of converting to Judaism. Reading books by Rabbi Singer is my Sunday sermon. Or sitting down and reading the Greatest Lie Ever Told, and other books, and a copy of the Hebrew Bible, in both Hebrew and English, side by side.
I have a big collection of books now, and I am 55. I have downloaded the information, when I read books, I retain the information.

There is a film called Dark Star. The ship goes into orbit around an unstable planet. The bomb malfunctions, and plans on detonating itself inside the bomb bay, as the connection rods had malfunctioned as well. One of the astronauts tries to persuade the bomb not to explode, by trying to reason with it. This reasoning gets the bomb thinking, and it thinks on things for a while. The bomb has a problem.. it cannot be sure that the information coming from the astronaut or the ship is real, and does not know if anything exists outside of its own consciousness.
The bomb decides that nothing is real, outside of itself, and any conversations with the astronaut should be ignored, as none of it can be trusted. So the bomb explodes. Let there be light.. and there was light.
I am like that bomb. I get information coming in via my senses, but I cannot be sure if any of that information is real.. or that anything exists outside of my consciousness. I have concluded that nothing exists outside of my consciousness.
Any person out there is a construct, an actor in a stage play. People walk on stage and act out their parts. Synchronicity causes people to repeatedly walk onto the stage, and I think.. I get it.. I understand.
The construct out there, whoever it is, only exists as potential.. the puppet, the dummy.
Jesus said that the kingdom is within you. He meant me.. the kingdom is within me, and I am the kingdom.
I've travelled from one end of the earth to the other, and I have never found any evidence to show that there is any one all powerful force. No force controls my destiny, it's all hockey religion and nonsense. One all powerful force?
The biggest growing religion in the UK is not Islam, it is Jedi.

The force is with me, and I am with the force.
May the force be with you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I believed in dinosaurs as a child. I remember that I had a rubber triceratops and stegosaurus. I also had a small rubber octopus called crabby. I went to St Joseph's catholic primary school. I was foolish, as I took crabby with me to school. One day, another boy threw my beloved crabby up onto the school roof. I think that I picked up dinosaur lore from the surrounding culture.
She said, well, vulnerable 6 year old school children, who haven't yet developed the ability to think for yourselves.. here's how it is.. there was the sun, and around the sun was dust and rocks. This dust and rocks gathered together by gravity, and formed the planets, including the earth, which orbits the sun.
Oh OK.. said the 6 year old boy, sounds reasonable.. I believe that. Move forward 40 years, and me thinks.. is that really true? lets try and find out.. so I order a book, due to the advent of the internet in the 90s.. the availability of books became much greater than before.. I read the book, Galileo was Wrong. Very complicated. Then years later, YouTube, and exposure to people like the Lord Steven Christ, who teaches that the earth is concave, not convex. That got me thinking.. could that be true?
More exposure to YouTube, and I discover Eric Dubay.. and I buy his book, with the proofs for the flat earth. So I realise.. I had been a schmuck.. for 50 years.. they taught me lies at St Joseph's, when I had no ability to reason for myself.. no critical thinking skills.
Then I buy the book off Amazon.. The Greatest Lie on Earth, by Edward Hendrie. The author repeats a lot of Dubay's proofs, but it is a much bigger book, than Dubay's Flat Earth Conspiracy.
So the Lord Steven Christ was wrong, as it's very simple.. there is no curvature. If however you go on a forum like this, and state that the earth is flat and that NASA are a bunch of liars, faking space.. what do you get? .. ignoramus, who come on the forum. post a few stupid pictures of an ostrich with it's head in the sand, and then they go away.. satisfied that they are believing what it true, and that other people are fools.. because they have no interest in what is true or false. And it is a complete waste of time having anything to do with those people, who comprise the majority of people on the planet.
Same with dinosaurs.. carry on believing that dinosaurs are real.. not my problem.. I don't have any influence.. I cannot stop liars teaching children in school that dinosaurs changed into birds.. so that those children go home and tell their parents what they have been taught.. infuriating some parents, who know that that is a lie.
I understand that children need to be taught at school. I was failing at St Joseph's, failing in the basics of reading and writing, as they spent so much time teaching crap, and neglected the basics. Then I went to a secular school, and caught up again with reading and writing, and they taught other subjects, like how to make a basket, and how to sew, and music, and they encouraged us to read books.
I was sat down and taught Darwinism, at secondary school. Someone in the class asked the teacher if he believed in evolution. The teacher said that he did, but that he believed that the original spark of life was a miracle. I sort of believed in evolution, and I picked up the big bang theory, much like dinosaur hocum. I never had any faith in God, despite being raised Catholic. I was hopeful that there was a God, but i never got any evidence of God.
I left Babylon as soon as I left school. I just wasn't a bit interested in their mass. I was interested in trying to discover the truth. Those 40 or so years of searching for the truth, has led to to leave Christianity, and drop Jesus and all organised religion. To continue to seek knowledge and understanding of everything. Either by reading books, looking at YouTube videos, or direct revelation from God.
I can no longer tolerate the continuous lies of the British Establishment, so I no longer watch their propaganda programming on TV. As the years go on, tolerance to BS reduces.
I don't care if anyone objects to me writing all this.. it's not against forum rules, as far as I am aware. And really.. I am not going to convince anyone that dinosaurs are a hoax, and what if I did manage to do that? What odds would that make in the world?
I could learn something about eschatology, but as I am not longer a Christian, I am not allowed onto that forum, rules is rules. I did learn, on the eschatology forum, but that steady process of learning, led me to reject the writings of Paul and others, and Revelation.. and that is not tolerated by Christians, you are not allowed to reject any of that, as that is the foundation of their religion.. I did not realise that at the time.
I was in hospital recently, and the hospital chaplain said that it doesn't matter if I don't believe that Jesus ever existed.. once you are born again, that's it.. but I can no longer call myself a Christian, as I don't believe in that.
Although I don't believe that there was any real Noah, I have adopted a very liberal Noahide faith.. Bene Noach, which is Hebrew for sons of Noah. Our religious scholars are the rabbis, but we are not Jews, and I have no plans of converting to Judaism. Reading books by Rabbi Singer is my Sunday sermon. Or sitting down and reading the Greatest Lie Ever Told, and other books, and a copy of the Hebrew Bible, in both Hebrew and English, side by side.
Then I buy the book off Amazon.. The Greatest Lie on Earth, by Edward Hendrie. The author repeats a lot of Dubay's proofs, but it is a much bigger book, than Dubay's Flat Earth Conspiracy.
So the Lord Steven Christ was wrong, as it's very simple.. there is no curvature. If however you go on a forum like this, and state that the earth is flat and that NASA are a bunch of liars, faking space.. what do you get? .. ignoramus, who come on the forum. post a few stupid pictures of an ostrich with it's head in the sand, and then they go away.. satisfied that they are believing what it true, and that other people are fools.. because they have no interest in what is true or false. And it is a complete waste of time having anything to do with those people, who comprise the majority of people on the planet.
I understand that children need to be taught at school. I was failing at St Joseph's, failing in the basics of reading and writing, as they spent so much time teaching crap, and neglected the basics. Then I went to a secular school, and caught up again with reading and writing, and they taught other subjects, like how to make a basket, and how to sew, and music, and they encouraged us to read books.
I was sat down and taught Darwinism, at secondary school. Someone in the class asked the teacher if he believed in evolution. The teacher said that he did, but that he believed that the original spark of life was a miracle. I sort of believed in evolution, and I picked up the big bang theory, much like dinosaur hocum. I never had any faith in God, despite being raised Catholic. I was hopeful that there was a God, but i never got any evidence of God.
I could learn something about eschatology, but as I am not longer a Christian, I am not allowed onto that forum, rules is rules. I did learn, on the eschatology forum, but that steady process of learning, led me to reject the writings of Paul and others, and Revelation.. and that is not tolerated by Christians, you are not allowed to reject any of that, as that is the foundation of their religion.. I did not realise that at the time.
I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I am an expert in palaeontology, and botany, and I can assure you that dinosaurs did exist, and that scientists dont make them out of plastic. I can hardly keep my composure, as I am so outraged. I would suggest that it's slanderous of our entire profession. I would go as far as to say, that these people have it in for me and my profession. Infamy! They've all got it in for me!

Something doesn't add up here :scratch:

Which is it?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟241,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I most humbly apologise. I am crushed that you have discovered that I used one of Kenneth Williams jokes. I have been discovered as a despicable plagiarist, and I most sincerely apologise if my act of plagiarism offended you.
My issue was not that you had made an attempt at humour; my issue was that you blatantly lied about it.

I understand you may currently be experiencing severe challenges in your life. I offer you my regrets that this is the case. I believe further exchanges between us can only serve to exacerbate those challenges, so I thank you for your time and wish you well.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Emus are not native to Argentina and Paraguay. They are from Australia.

Kiwis did not evolve from emus.

Kiwis are not mammals.

Brontosauruses are not found anywhere near Bangkok.

Pterodactyls are not dinosaurs.

You are not an expert in paleontology.
And you're not an expert in humor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nevertheless, I do believe in the existence and power of dinosaurs...every time I fill up my car with gas. :rolleyes:

I don't know if you're being humorous or not, but petroleum comes from plankton, not dinosaurs.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know if you're being humorous or not, but petroleum comes from plankton, not dinosaurs.

I'm being humorous. But I will admit that I hadn't given it much thought. I just more or less have understood that petroleum comes from some very old 'stuff,' way down there, under that there ground. And it makes my car go. ;)

Thanks for the heads up and the info, USincognito!

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm being humorous. But I will admit that I hadn't given it much thought. I just more or less have understood that petroleum comes from some very old 'stuff,' way down there, under that there ground. And it makes my car go. ;)

Thanks for the heads up and the info, USincognito!
:oldthumbsup:

The reason I mentioned it is a lot of people take the Sinclair Oil logo to heart.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟241,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I started to correct this myself, then abandoned the effort, since it seems to be one of the commonest of the weird beliefs prevalent about geology and there is only so much swimming upstream I feel up to these days. Thank you for correcting it though.

Now if we could just make people understand that the mantle is not molten despite highly misleading animations from publications and organisations that ought to know better!

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟234,084.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
junk. its not English, it's trailer trash speak, and I don't speak trailer trash, I speak the Queens English, and you should try it.. we gave you the English language, so please don't abuse our language. If it wasn't for us Englishmen, you lot would still be living in yurts.

I am as English as you are, and I do not live in a yurt. I am also, like you, a teetotaller.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.