Right v Left - would this sum up the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And as I have explained to you before already, and that you are just now touching on in that last line, that is what "mammon" is, and in God's Word, it is described as a "spirit", and the worship of that spirit (above God) happens or begins in the heart, etc, and one does not have to have an outward display of it, like actually falling down on ones physical knees, and actually physically worshiping a physical dollar bill or coin,
Perhaps “worship” is a bit of a loaded word; we have different interpretations of what the word entails, and are building our arguments around our specific meanings of the word. I suspect that is why we have been talking past each other all this time. I think you mentioned earlier (correct me if I’m wrong) that you have been guilty of occasionally slipping into this type of worship as well. If this is the case would it be fair to say that this type of worship is something everybody could be guilty of? If that’s the case I would have to ask why is the finger being pointed at the conservative doing this if this is something everybody does?
To whatever you idolize/worship (above God) (or before or in place of God) in your heart, I say a most definite and resounding and very, very loud, "yes", etc...
I’m reminded of the saying; if everybody is special, nobody is special. In the context of this conversation; If I worship everything, I worship nothing.
It's how Jesus Himself defined/defines it, and if you reject that/Him, then I really don't know what to say to you, other than I feel very, very sorry for you, etc...

Sin begins in the heart, and straight and right away, I can tell you that there are most definitely a few things your worship above and beyond God in your heart, etc, most definitely, etc...

Or what else did Jesus mean about the sins of murder, or being a murderer, or the sin(s) of adultery, etc...?

Care to explain that one to me...?
The problem with Jesus is that he never wrote anything down. The only thing we know is what other people claimed he said. So I am reluctant to look at the Bible, the Koran, or the other books people wrote, and judge Jesus based on what those men said of him.

However; if Jesus spoke of thoughts as the sin of murder (as opposed to actual murder) the sin of adultery (as opposed to actual adultery) etc. If Jesus is the religious leader, he can make anything a sin that he wants! As I said earlier, I don’t agree everything Christians call sin is bad.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And are you actually arguing with people about things existing or else not existing, etc, and is that now the basis for some of your arguments now, etc...?

Everything that exists, exists, etc...

Do you have thoughts and or concepts or ideas in your mind, or do you formulate them, or think about them sometimes, etc...?

And then, does everyone else have or do such or have such or so also, etc...?

Then they exist, etc...!
Actually I was talking about things with an actual existence. True; Santa Clause exists in the hearts and minds of all the children who believe, but that doesn't mean he has an actual existence. Perhaps I should have said physical existence

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
@Ken-1122

You shouldn't have mentioned me or I would have probably left you, and this thread, alone for while, let other people deal with you, etc, but since you did, or now that you have...?

Anyway,

God Bless!
Believe it or not, I actually like discussing with you. Often when discussing with Christians they often become belligerent, hostile, and insulting when I dont agree with them. You have remained kind, & caring with a warm attitude and it isn’t very often that I can discuss with someone I disagree with without them getting mad. Thank-you; I only wish more Christians were like you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Perhaps “worship” is a bit of a loaded word; we have different interpretations of what the word entails, and are building our arguments around our specific meanings of the word. I suspect that is why we have been talking past each other all this time. I think you mentioned earlier (correct me if I’m wrong) that you have been guilty of occasionally slipping into this type of worship as well. If this is the case would it be fair to say that this type of worship is something everybody could be guilty of? If that’s the case I would have to ask why is the finger being pointed at the conservative doing this if this is something everybody does?

Yes, everybody is guilty of it at times, it's just more of a question as to who, or which type, or which side, more fully recognizes it more, and maybe offers up a little bit more resistance to it maybe, and is actually trying to improve in it, and get maybe better at or in it, vs those maybe maybe don't as much, or do or don't maybe much more less so, etc...

I’m reminded of the saying; if everybody is special, nobody is special. In the context of this conversation; If I worship everything, I worship nothing.

Maybe if you were to do that perfectly equally with everything that might be true, but as we all know that just is not true, etc...

The problem with Jesus is that he never wrote anything down. The only thing we know is what other people claimed he said. So I am reluctant to look at the Bible, the Koran, or the other books people wrote, and judge Jesus based on what those men said of him.

Well, I guarantee you the men that wrote about Jesus were not lying at all, etc, that was punishable by death amongst the Jews, etc...

If a copyist or scribe got caught even misspelling or misusing or even mispronouncing or miscopying even one letter of even one word, when it came to those kind of documents, etc, he was to be killed and put to death immediately, etc...

But then, take them all as true for minute OK, and which one do you think more accurately represents or portrays or talks about such a One who is a true Son of God, or Son of the God, or gods, etc...?

Analyze the man/men talked about and who they were, and what they did, and maybe what they also didn't do, etc, which One do you think most accurately would a be a true Son of God, or Son of the gods, etc...?

Who had the "character"...? or persona or personality, etc...? Behavior, etc...?

Who performed miracles, was raised from the dead, etc...?

However; if Jesus spoke of thoughts as the sin of murder (as opposed to actual murder) the sin of adultery (as opposed to actual adultery) etc. If Jesus is the religious leader, he can make anything a sin that he wants!

He's not doing that, (making anything a sin He wants, etc), but is just "telling it like it truly is", and how it always was, or was all supposed to be, from the very beginning, etc...?

As I said earlier, I don’t agree everything Christians call sin is bad.

Now I don't at all mean this is any kind of offensive way, so please don't take it that way, but, are you really even a Christian at all, etc...?

I ask only because it would help me to know who I'm really talking to only, etc, so please don't think I mean it offensively, OK...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Actually I was talking about things with an actual existence. True; Santa Clause exists in the hearts and minds of all the children who believe, but that doesn't mean he has an actual existence. Perhaps I should have said physical existence
Spirits exist, and a spirit can be an idol, which can be a certain kind of thoughts, or set of similar like thoughts and/or concepts or ideas, etc, or feelings, etc, many of them all spelled out pretty clearly in the Bible, etc, and they are all connected to all the common, and some of them more uncommon, human faults and flaws, and human failings, etc...

Many of them very familiar to us and it does not take a genius, and really even a Bible really, to know them, or figure them all out, etc, or know them all, etc, for they are known from within, for those who are truly honest with themselves, etc, and know themselves well, and therefore humanity well, etc...

There is a principle spirit for every human flaw and fault or failing, and also spirits for the more redeeming qualities in man as well, or also, etc...

Angels and Demons, right and wrong, good or bad, etc...

And these "exist", etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Believe it or not, I actually like discussing with you. Often when discussing with Christians they often become belligerent, hostile, and insulting when I dont agree with them. You have remained kind, & caring with a warm attitude and it isn’t very often that I can discuss with someone I disagree with without them getting mad. Thank-you; I only wish more Christians were like you.
I appreciate you saying that, and I thank you as well, and I'm sorry if I was a bit insulting, or if things between us ever got out of hand, etc...

I'm very sorry about that if it did, etc...

I am endeavoring to do and be better just like all of the rest of you/me/us, so thank you for bearing with me and being patient with me, I do appreciate it...

Sorry if I lost my patience...

I'll try to do/be better, K...

If we could just simply "talk" about things, I think that would be awesome, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
“Money” doesn’t exist any further than our collective-willingness that it does.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The thought or idea of someone (a spirit) like Santa Clause actually exists, we just don't know if it's an angel or a demon that inspired it or brought it to life, or rules over it, etc... For these can also "change their clothes" over time, etc... But it always remains the same spirit on the inside, etc...

You do know that there was an actual Chris Kringle, right...?

Who was a toymaker in a certain often wintery town, etc, who gave toys out to all the kids in town for free during the middle of wintertime, etc, (don't know if it was actually on Christmas though, etc)...

Many things that are lies now started out as having some roots of some truth to them in the past, etc...

But one of the worst ways for these truths to become lies, was by word of mouth, and rumor, and non-reigned in speculation run rampant over the centuries, etc, and the lack of having them written down, and also not making it punishable by death to get even one of those words or one of those letters written down wrong, etc, or by not making lying in general a very serious crime punishable by death, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Is it possible to ever change that ever though...?

Is the question, etc...?

Awesome words/saying/post though, thanks...

That is the only way a thing exists really...

Can we ever change all the bad, etc...?

God Bless!

• Friendly
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Is it possible to ever change that ever though...?

Is the question, etc...?

Awesome words/saying/post though, thanks...

That is the only way a thing exists really...

Can we ever change all the bad, etc...?

God Bless!
The power to both create and destroy, or destroy and create, is in all of our minds collectively, each collectively, but as a collective collectively, etc...

What will we do with it, etc...?

That is "the question" I guess...?

I just know were like little infants with it right now, etc...

And that can be very dangerous, and maybe even up very catastrophic/tragic, etc, in the end, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian