• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Right for one, not the other?

Amleto

Oct 20, 2003
Birmingham
Visit site
✟7,693.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Arghy- I just wrote all this out in detail and lost it. I don't have the patience to write it out again so here is a very abbreviated version:

When I was without belief/reason for wanting a God in my life, I met a great Christian girl and we started dating. We were together for about 6 months and we never had an argument.

However the fact that I wasn't Christian eventually became too much for her (only because it was contradictory to the teachings of the bible) and we split up. She said the she was told by God to get out of the relationship.

I have since found my salvation in Christ.

We both wanted to get back together, and it seemed to both of us that it was ok, but "Ann" (not her real name) hadn't heard anything from God to counter the 'get out of the relationship' thing.

We started to flirt again, then it became physical ie touching hands etc.

One night after a university Christian Union meeting we kissed. On her way home, Ann drove through an amber light and was pulled up by the cops. She got a fine and points on her license.

As soon as she was pulled over she thought this was a chastening for our kiss, and broke things off, saying that things aren't right yet.

I thought that if it was wrong we would both be chastened.

I'm just confused.

We still see each other, and love each other.

We've tried a total seperation but neither one of us could handle it.

I have prayed for God to give me a peace/num our feelings if things aren't meant to be, but we still care deeply for one another.

Does anyone have any words of advice?

Thanks

T

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The only advice I have for you is to keep praying for GOD'S WILL in both of your lives.....It may or maynot be meant to be so keep that in mind so that you don't get hurt.....I have a friend who fell in love with this girl who is engaged and she has also fallen in love with him, well she just broke off her engagement with her boyfriend but has yet to say she is commited to my friend....it's a sticky situation....but You have to allow God to do his will in both of your lives....it's possible that he placed her in your life so that you would come to know him and now that you knwo him he might have something else planned for your life...none of us know exactly what God wants from us, we just try to live a life that would please him......I know what it's like to be a "new christian" because I'm still going through it even though I was "saved" almost 6 years ago (counts on fingers, or was it 5, not sure now) and I have no idea what God's will in my life is.....I will make a suggestion to you though on knowing his will and that is to read this book, "A Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren...you read 1 chapter a day for 40 days and I'm on chapter 4 and it's already given me so much insight on how I'm living my life and how God wants me to live my life......Seek after HIM....

In Him,

Bill

Reactions: Amleto
Upvote 0