Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I expect more out of God than I do of you.

See, you didn't build the world, create the creatures in it, and then create an obtuse method of 'salvation' which requires word of mouth transmission when you could have just posted a sign with the rules on it.

I find it curious that we are expected to 'love' others even if they don't deserve it but God isn't expected to follow the same rules. That is why the passages I referenced above became important to me. It seems that God does play by the same rules according to the Sacred Document of the religion. I suspect the religion is where the problems are.
I have a lot of similar questions. I don't get it either. But im not going to abandon my salvation just because i can't understand Gods thinking.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I have a lot of similar questions. I don't get it either. But im not going to abandon my salvation just because i can't understand Gods thinking.
Everyone has their own view on this. I suspect that it is inherited from one's upbringing and the culture they live in. I've grown up with the concept that there isn't anything more important than my personal integrity. For me...and I don't expect anyone to agree with me...the offer of salvation as the religion is marketing it requires me to give up my personal integrity.

I would have to accept discrimination against my fellow humans, even when they lead exemplary lives, in order for me to gain 'salvation'. That is not an offer I'm willing to accept.

On the other hand, if salvation is as Paul writes in the Bible, that changes the entire complexion of the issue. It makes God look less like a Mafia Don and more like God. I can get behind a God who practices what He preaches.

Again, I don't expect anyone to agree with me.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hear you, i question those things too. But I've just seen too much in my life to ever say it's all a lie. God is real and yes i have a lot of questions about how He does things (seriously, the greatest mind in the universe couldn't come up with a redemption plan with a greater than 33% success rate? Only baseball considers that a success.). But again, i have to put that aside for now to prepare for what's coming. God and i will have plenty of time in the afterlife to discuss the errors of His way ;)

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I hear you, i question those things too. But I've just seen too much in my life to ever say it's all a lie. God is real and yes i have a lot of questions about how He does things (seriously, the greatest mind in the universe couldn't come up with a redemption plan with a greater than 33% success rate? Only baseball considers that a success.). But again, i have to put that aside for now to prepare for what's coming. God and i will have plenty of time in the afterlife to discuss the errors of His way ;)
It is my opinion that the greatest mind in the universe -did- come up with a redemption plan with a hundred percent success rate. It is detailed in those passages I referenced already. It is the much lesser minds of humans who created the religion with the plan in current use that has such a low success rate.

Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Oh and, the rule is, embrace sinners, shun the believers who don't accept correction. You only have to abandon your gay friends (for example) if they're saved.
The discrimination I was referring to was by God. The religion presents God as a being who will discriminate against everyone who doesn't bow the knee and formally request 'salvation' regardless of the quality of their life. It is a mindset firmly rooted in the ancient world where kings ruled as if they were gods.

Upvote 0