Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Atheist blowhard Richard Dawkins never has the least hesitation in bashing Christians and Jews, but when the subject of Islam comes up, at least when he is being interviewed by Al-Jazeerah that will blast his comments throughout the Islamic world, well that is another matter:

While you may not agree with the views of the new breed of aggressive atheists who have emerged in recent years you have to admire their courage for bravely standing up and speaking truth to power against the various religious institutions whose integrity they seek to undermine. No matter what consequences they might face, they aren’t afraid to lay out their case against religion in terms that are often harsh and sure to offend.

Here is an example from an article called Facing uncomfortable truths:

Continued- Richard Dawkins: Bigot and Coward | The American Catholic

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
There are much more dangerous enemies of the Church other than Richard Dawkins and his fellow atheists.

A known enemy can hardly harm you because you would try to avoid him. But an enemy disguised as your friend is the real danger. You.would never think of putting on defense against him. The most dangerous enemies of the Church are those disguised.

"The true friends of the people are the Traditionalists." -- Saint Pius X

Upvote 0

FriendlyJosh

Jan 12, 2011
✟11,056.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Rich Dawkins is IMHO very dangerous, he misleads many due to his ignorance and it's quite saddening. Both for him and others. I do pray he comes to find The Lord, but in the meantime listening him to run his mouth all over the place gets old.

"you have to admire their courage for bravely standing up and speaking truth to power against the various religious institutions"

sigh...what he does is neither courageous nor brave, and no I do not admire him in any way, shape or form. And to be honest I wish everyone would stop giving this guy a platform to spread his non-sense. I'll just keep praying that he finds truth, sooner than later.

God Bless you all

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Richard Dawkins was been tweeting this weekend all sorts of anti-Islam, anti-Muslim comments. Actually to a pretty extreme level that some other atheists are criticizing. Did you consider that, when he was asked specifically about how God is portrayed in the Koran, he was NOT familiar with it enough to comment? His criticisms of Islam that I see are always based on the actions and opinions of Muslims, and rarely include references to the Koran, unlike his frequent references to the Bible alongside criticisms of actions and opinions of Christians. It appears to me that while he has no problem with criticizing Islam, he just hasn't read the Koran and doesn't really know most of what is in it or how God is portrayed in it.

Upvote 0
C

crimsonleaf

Richard Dawkins was been tweeting this weekend all sorts of anti-Islam, anti-Muslim comments. Actually to a pretty extreme level that some other atheists are criticizing. Did you consider that, when he was asked specifically about how God is portrayed in the Koran, he was NOT familiar with it enough to comment? His criticisms of Islam that I see are always based on the actions and opinions of Muslims, and rarely include references to the Koran, unlike his frequent references to the Bible alongside criticisms of actions and opinions of Christians. It appears to me that while he has no problem with criticizing Islam, he just hasn't read the Koran and doesn't really know most of what is in it or how God is portrayed in it.
I reject all other gods because I have the standard of my own God, and He tells me no other gods exist. Dawkins has no such standard, so it behoves him to do a little research on the gods he rejects out of hand, otherwise how does he know why he rejects such gods?

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You don't have to read every holy text ever written in the world to disbelieve in the gods portrayed in them. He has a standard - something written in a hundreds to thousands of years old book is never enough to convince him of some god's existence. But this is beside the point, which is that the article sought to bash Dawkins for being "afraid" to criticize Islam when he does, in fact, regularly criticize Islam.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm always confused by these "go say that about Muslims!" comments. Do you secretly wish that critics of Christianity would go get themselves killed by Muslims so that you could be rid of them? Do you wish to piggyback off the violent rhetoric of Muslims to protect against criticism of Christianity - can't criticize us if you don't criticize them! - so that you can profit from violence without having to do it yourself? Of course, criticisms of Islam are not in short supply from many of the same people who criticize Christianity, so the entire commentary is entirely moot.

Upvote 0

SonOfTheWest

Britpack
Sep 26, 2010
United Kingdom
✟9,861.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
I'm always confused by these "go say that about Muslims!" comments. Do you secretly wish that critics of Christianity would go get themselves killed by Muslims so that you could be rid of them? Do you wish to piggyback off the violent rhetoric of Muslims to protect against criticism of Christianity - can't criticize us if you don't criticize them! - so that you can profit from violence without having to do it yourself? Of course, criticisms of Islam are not in short supply from many of the same people who criticize Christianity, so the entire commentary is entirely moot.

The impression I've had from a few individuals is that they really want to say, "Yes lets cut their heads off and see how much they criticize after that!" As if somehow slyly advocating religious violence, white washing all Muslims and ignoring criticisms about Islam all the same statement wins points for God or something.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
All atheists are cowards. They would never speak out against god in a country where they weren't protected. Dawkins doesn't believe in any god so he should have said the god of the Quran is fake also. But he knows Muslims would lash out and he is too afraid of them.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
All atheists are cowards. They would never speak out against god in a country where they weren't protected. Dawkins doesn't believe in any god so he should have said the god of the Quran is fake also. But he knows Muslims would lash out and he is too afraid of them.

Or maybe they're more afraid of Christianity because it leads people to salvation. So, if you're gonna bash God, you'd go after something that would stop people from having eternal life with Him.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
You don't have to read every holy text ever written in the world to disbelieve in the gods portrayed in them. He has a standard - something written in a hundreds to thousands of years old book is never enough to convince him of some god's existence. But this is beside the point, which is that the article sought to bash Dawkins for being "afraid" to criticize Islam when he does, in fact, regularly criticize Islam.

So, he criticizes Islam regularly but he went on a show and portrayed himself as ignorant of Islam/Allah.

Coward? No, but liar would be better suited.

Thing is atheist groups sure have testicular fortitude confronting Christians/Jews in person or in their respected houses of worship or at least close-by...but there still is a gaping hole with regards to Islam/Muslims.

Surely, a group that readily brand themselves as "militant" wouldn't be so yellow, now would they?

Didn't like his approach but Hitchens definitely wasn't scared of walking that path.

Upvote 0

mg0086

Prospective Doctor of the Church
Dec 8, 2007
Stella Maris Chapel
Visit site
✟10,902.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Agree whole-heartedly with the title.

After everything I've researched about him, I can definately say that he's sorely ignorant for someone that parades around like he's the smartest man on earth.

A goodwilling minister held out his hand to shake it with Richard. Richard in turn scowled at him and called him an 'ignorant bigot'.

At a recent 'atheist rally' or something put on by FFR, he demanded his fellow atheists to "Mock them, Ridicule them in public..."

This man lives to turn people away from Christ and anyone who does that is a sure enemy of the Church.

He needs plenty of prayer and love from us. A green scapular too help. I have one around my neck, now as I pray for my non-believing brethren. Extra prayers will go up on Divine Mercy Sunday.

Upvote 0