• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

Revelation 20 and the so-called millennial reign

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟290,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Contraire ... he is partially bound in your doctrine, during the 1, 000 years he is bound and consigned to the bottomless pit.
The binding of Satan binds his rule over men so that he cannot deceive them enough to prevent their understanding the gospel, and cannot organize enemies of Christ (now made possible by the internet) to attack the church (Jn 12:31-32).

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟36,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The binding of Satan binds his rule over men so that he cannot deceive them enough to prevent their understanding the gospel, and cannot organize enemies of Christ (now made possible by the internet) to attack the church (Jn 12:31-32).
cannot deceive them enough to prevent their understanding the gospel
Not only are you adding, which is a serious violation worthy of severe punishment - if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book Revelation 22:18, but you have changed the text, which is also a serious violation worthy of destruction 1 Peter 3:16.

Are you sure you want to do this?
It is true the Pharisees knew what they were doing, and Jesus told them they will be cut off everlastingly with no hope of seeing life, and those who chose to do the will of Satan - becoming his mouthpiece know their fate, as it's wilful.
Is this something you want to associate yourself with?

This is how the text reads.
Revelation 20:3

New International Version
He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

New Living Translation
The angel threw him into the bottomless pit, which he then shut and locked so Satan could not deceive the nations anymore until the thousand years were finished. Afterward he must be released for a little while.

English Standard Version
and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while.

There is no "enough" in that text. Please do not change the text again Clare.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟290,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed. Revelation 20:3
Seeing is believing, they say. So for some, it might be a case of not seeing what's actually written.
I see the binding of Satan as Christ triumphing over him on the cross, thereby rendering the nations unable to conquer the church, while the church conquers the nations with the gospel.

I see the loosing of Satan as the nations attempting to conquer the church, which brings Christ's return to save her.

My interpretation fits the prophetic riddle (Nu 12:8) of Rev 20 as well as yours does.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟36,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see the binding of Satan as Christ triumphing over him on the cross, thereby rendering the nations unable to conquer the church, while the church conquers the nations with the gospel.

I see the loosing of Satan as the nations attempting to conquer the church, which brings Christ's return to save her.

My interpretation fits the prophetic riddle (Nu 12:8) of Rev 20 as well as yours does.
Yes. Quite a lot of people are delighted with phrases such as "I see it this way...", "this is how I see..."
This is the result of the rebellion spoken of at 2 Thessalonians 2:3, which tells us the purpose for God allowing this - For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness. 2 Thessalonians 2:11, 12

I'm really happy about that, because it keeps those who are not humble from finding the truth, and being a part of Christ's congregation, so that they cannot cause disunity with their self appointed godly wisdom. God's wisdom is great.
As for me, I let the Bible have the final say on what I am supposed to see, and at Revelation 1:1 it tells me this:
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John,

For me, that's clear.
I'm not going to change it, misinterpret it, twist it to see how I can get it to fit any preconceived ideas; etc.
It tells me that what is written in Revelation, is future to John's receiving the Revelation, and that is good enough for me.
Hence, when I read Revelation, I am not looking for it to apply to anything prior to that time... Certainly not 33 A.D.

For those who want to do so, despite seeing the clear statement in that first verse... well... What can I say... The righteous judge will not excuse as ignorance, what is described at 2 Thessalonians 2:11, 12

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟36,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One final point Clare...
If you and @Jan001 are right, we should all burn our Bibles and listen to both of you, because none of the early followers of Christ knew that Satan was bound at Jesus death. They all taught that Satan was and still is, very active and influential over the world, and could affect even the faithful one.
1 Peter 5:8; Ephesians 6:11-13; Acts 5:1-6; 1 Corinthians 7:5; 2 Corinthians 2:10, 11; 2 Corinthians 11:13-15; 2 Corinthians 12:7; 1 Thessalonians 2:18; 2 Thessalonians 2:7-12; 1 Timothy 1:18-20; 2 Timothy 2:26; 1 John 5:19; Revelation 2:10-13; Revelation 3:9

Reactions: WilliamC
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟290,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes. Quite a lot of people are delighted with phrases such as "I see it this way...", "this is how I see..."
This is the result of the rebellion spoken of at 2 Thessalonians 2:3,
Unless. . .since my interpretation fits Rev 20, then yours is in error, and the rebellion of 2 Th 2:3 is yours. . .not to mention the convenient and pathetic notion that those who disagree with you are in "rebellion."

• Agree
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟290,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One final point Clare...
If you and @Jan001 are right, we should all burn our Bibles and listen to both of you,
More of that convenient interpretation which nullifies and anathematizes all not in agreement with it.
because none of the early followers of Christ knew that Satan was bound at Jesus death. They all taught that Satan was and still is, very active and influential over the world, and could affect even the faithful one.
1 Peter 5:8; Ephesians 6:11-13; Acts 5:1-6; 1 Corinthians 7:5; 2 Corinthians 2:10, 11; 2 Corinthians 11:13-15; 2 Corinthians 12:7; 1 Thessalonians 2:18; 2 Thessalonians 2:7-12; 1 Timothy 1:18-20; 2 Timothy 2:26; 1 John 5:19; Revelation 2:10-13; Revelation 3:9
Precisely. . .addressed in post #43.

Satan is very active, but he is still partially bound in that he is not able to use the nations to conquer the church, which he will pursue when he is fully loosed.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟36,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Unless. . .since my interpretation fits Rev 20, then yours is in error, and the rebellion of 2 Th 2:3 is yours. . .not to mention the convenient and pathetic notion that those who disagree with you are in "rebellion."
You do not agree that those who take the position - my interpretation is as good as your interpretation, fit 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12?
The scriptures are there for all to read. Paul spoke of this occurring after the apostles were gone.
Also, it is noted by historians that this proliferated as time went by.

By the 17th century, the contemporary word "denomination" began to be used to describe religious offshoots, Michelle Sanchez, an associate professor of theology at Harvard Divinity School, told Live Science via email. Protestants had used scripture to critique the Roman Catholic Church, claiming that any believer could read scripture and have a personal relationship with God. But then, "the obvious problem emerged: Whose interpretation of scripture was the right one?" Sanchez said in an interview. As believers debated the scriptures and sacraments, churches formed and split based on myriad biblical interpretations, ways of worship and organizational structures. From these debates, denominations such as the Presbyterians, Mennonites, Baptists and Quakers, among others, took root.

I did not author this. It's available on the internet free.
You are the one claiming that if anyone disagrees with me they are in 'rebellion'.
I never said that.

More of that convenient interpretation which nullifies and anathematizes all not in agreement with it.

Precisely. . .addressed in post #43.

Satan is very active, but he is still partially bound in that he is not able to use the nations to conquer the church, which he will pursue when he is fully loosed.
You don't see how you are contradicting the scripture?
No scripture says Satan is partially bound. Therefore, that is an addition, in order to support your view.
Revelation 22:18 ...If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book...

You understand that, don't you.
The scripture actually says, 1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while. Revelation 20:1-3

The lid of the abyss is not partially opened also, is it? Did the angel partially seal it over him?
You used a word earlier - pathetic.
Do you know how Christ views those who do not want to accept the truth he presents?
Revelation 22:18, 19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God[ shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

How Jesus views us is more important than how a human views us, wouldn't you agree.
If we hate the truth, and indicate we do, by insisting on believing a lie - what we want to believe, for what ever reason, 2 Thessalonians 2:12 tells us in no uncertain terms, we are condemned.

These are not my words. Nothing here is my interpretation.
Everything I said is scripture.
You, on the other hand have added words like "partially", "enough", and other words, which change what is written in scripture, and invalidates it. Matthew 15:9

So, if you are annoyed Clare, get used to it. Or adjust.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟290,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You do not agree that those who take the position - my interpretation is as good as your interpretation, fit 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12?
The scriptures are there for all to read. Paul spoke of this occurring after the apostles were gone.
Also, it is noted by historians that this proliferated as time went by.
By the 17th century, the contemporary word "denomination" began to be used to describe religious offshoots, Michelle Sanchez, an associate professor of theology at Harvard Divinity School, told Live Science via email. Protestants had used scripture to critique the Roman Catholic Church, claiming that any believer could read scripture and have a personal relationship with God. But then, "the obvious problem emerged: Whose interpretation of scripture was the right one?" Sanchez said in an interview. As believers debated the scriptures and sacraments, churches formed and split based on myriad biblical interpretations, ways of worship and organizational structures. From these debates, denominations such as the Presbyterians, Mennonites, Baptists and Quakers, among others, took root.
I did not author this. It's available on the internet free.
You are the one claiming that if anyone disagrees with me they are in 'rebellion'.
I never said that.
You don't see how you are contradicting the scripture?
No scripture says Satan is partially bound. Therefore, that is an addition, in order to support your view.
Revelation 22:18 ...If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book...
You understand that, don't you.
The scripture actually says, 1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while. Revelation 20:1-3
See post #43.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟36,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
See post #43.
Post #43 only repeats what you have been repeating since your first post in this thread.
It does not address anything I said in my previous post, not the ones previous to that.
It's just repeating what Clare wants to believe, regardless of what scripture says.
However, I understand your position. So continue as you wish.
Have a good day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟4,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Devil is not bound.
I am a severe theological mutt. I indeed believe that Israel is the Body of Moses, baptized into Moses (God didn't do this on accident, but has a future work with Jacob's people and land). However, I believe that this age of Gentiles is the very "Binding of Satan" unto the Earth. The Holy Spirit within us, is the chains that limit Satan to only the darkness that reaches out for Him. You are indeed correct that Satan is active. However, I note that he had FAR more power in the OT than after Jesus died on the cross. To be specific, I believe that scripture shows us that Satan and his angelic followers could work signs and wonders before mankind to deceive mankind. Take Sorcery for instance. Other than geeks in robes and people who imagine they can work signs, but can't, that doesn't happen today. In Exodus, the men of Pharaoh could indeed turn Staffs into Snakes. It wasn't the trivial entertaining "Magic" that exists today, which is simply deceiving the senses. Before Jesus Christ Incarnate, Sorcery was fire breathing real and possible.

Scripture tells us that this power will return to the Chief of Demons and all of his followers at God's appointed time. Signs and wonders beyond our comprehension will be worked of evil purpose... AGAIN, This precedes the RETURN of OUR TRUE King.

I know you will disagree with this as your doctrine is different, but I decided to share this with you, because your heart cries for Israel's restoral, as so does mine.

All Love in the Name of our Blessed Savior to you.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟4,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
None of the apostles thought so, they teach us to be on our guard against him, a roaring lion seeking someone to devour ... his great deception is to make folks think he is not around or that his devilish work is not going on ... in the church.
Though you and I disagree about points and perspective, I will go so far as to say that Paul wasn't joking when He told us that our Battles aren't against FLESH and BLOOD. The NEW WOMAN is at War with the very old Dragon as we speak. It is theological malfeasance to insinuate otherwise.

I do believe that Satan is "Bound" in respects to "power", but the Deceiver is clearly still able to propagate doctrines of demons and lead that which is made in HIS LOVING IMAGE, away from Love and fully towards Stoney Hatred of fellow men that are covered by the Blood of Jesus.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟36,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Though you and I disagree about points and perspective, I will go so far as to say that Paul wasn't joking when He told us that our Battles aren't against FLESH and BLOOD. The NEW WOMAN is at War with the very old Dragon as we speak. It is theological malfeasance to insinuate otherwise.

I do believe that Satan is "Bound" in respects to "power", but the Deceiver is clearly still able to propagate doctrines of demons and lead that which is made in HIS LOVING IMAGE, away from Love and fully towards Stoney Hatred of fellow men that are covered by the Blood of Jesus.
@Grip Docility, not getting in @Billy Evmur way... Could it be that the Devil is not bound simply on the basis of people believing it?
In other words, could it be that because people have the mistaken view that Revelation 20:1-3 is already fulfilled, they are trying to find a way to explain how the Devil is bound, even though he isn't?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟4,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
@Grip Docility, not getting in @Billy Evmur way... Could it be that the Devil is not bound simply on the basis of people believing it?
In other words, could it be that because people have the mistaken view that Revelation 20:1-3 is already fulfilled, they are trying to find a way to explain how the Devil is bound, even though he isn't?
This is my personal take on the matter, CoreyD. If you ever see a post of mine to someone, it's fine if you interject, always. I, obviously, am forced to see that the Devil is bound in "Darkness" by key verses. The issue is that people think this means that he is "Bound" from interacting with us. The Darkness is Earth and it's "Spiritual Overlay" that God desires to be separated. Sheol is very "Real", but it is not visible to our side of existence. Angels can see us, but we can't see angels. We are bound to sight of the Sarx world. Because the Blood of Christ covered All of Creation, per Colossians 1, it's very obvious that the Devil was severely Hamstrung in so many ways that we could discuss that alone with pages and pages of dialogue, upon Christ's finished work of His first Coming.

To stay on point, I believe that Revelation 20:1-6 is fulfilled. I am forced to believe this because of verse 6 and this point that I shared with someone on another thread...
Matthew 27:51-53​
51 At that moment the parokhet in the Temple was ripped in two from top to bottom; and there was an earthquake, with rocks splitting apart. 52 Also the graves were opened, and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life; 53 and after Yeshua rose, they came out of the graves and went into the holy city, where many people saw them.
God wasn't having anything to do with "Earthly Jerusalem" (at this point). The fact that God ripped the Tabernacle Holy of Holies Curtain tells you that the city wasn't considered "Holy" at this point in time. Though it is referred to as "Holy" in certain matters, it would make zero sense for Jesus to raise the dead to simply die again. They were a train bound for glory.
Yet... AFTER JESUS Rose, "They came out of SHEOL and went into THE HOLY CITY where MANY PEOPLE SAW THEM.
The Heavenly Jerusalem welcomed Jesus back with all those that BELIEVED IN HIM. 1 Peter 3 is an important read. It's such a tiny passage within it, yet it reveals HOW this was made possible. I recommend the HCSB if you desire to SEARCH. for it
Jesus makes it clear that we shall be like the very Angels in Heaven.
Mark 12:25 When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
Matthew 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage but are like angels in heaven.
IN HEAVEN
Now, back to your excellent point, I think that the HOLY SPIRIT within us (THE BODY OF CHRIST... IE the very SOUL of God indwells us... HOLY GHOST, Spirit, Soul) and this maintains that Satan is unable to manifest FULL Power. However, he is still VERY Powerful and he clearly very literally is still providing doctrines of demons and hardening the hearts of mankind.

Jude also affirms this stance. This issue is that people forget that from Genesis on, The Devil has been at war with any BODY of believers here on earth. In fact, though the Devil is "Bound" by the presence of the Holy Spirit (Can't physically manifest or work signs and wonders as he could in the old testament. He's banished from Heaven so we can dwell there upon death and such).

This is to then say, if anything, Satan's Lying tongue and vindictive nature is more dangerous then ever, just as Peter describes. Just because he is limited in power, doesn't mean that he isn't possibly more dangerous than before. He's still called the god of the system of this world that blinds men unto the light of the Gospel.

I think this is the middle ground.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟36,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is my personal take on the matter, CoreyD. If you ever see a post of mine to someone, it's fine if you interject, always. I, obviously, am forced to see that the Devil is bound in "Darkness" by key verses. The issue is that people think this means that he is "Bound" from interacting with us. The Darkness is Earth and it's "Spiritual Overlay" that God desires to be separated. Sheol is very "Real", but it is not visible to our side of existence. Angels can see us, but we can't see angels. We are bound to sight of the Sarx world. Because the Blood of Christ covered All of Creation, per Colossians 1, it's very obvious that the Devil was severely Hamstrung in so many ways that we could discuss that alone with pages and pages of dialogue, upon Christ's finished work of His first Coming.

To stay on point, I believe that Revelation 20:1-6 is fulfilled. I am forced to believe this because of verse 6 and this point that I shared with someone on another thread...
Matthew 27:51-53​
51 At that moment the parokhet in the Temple was ripped in two from top to bottom; and there was an earthquake, with rocks splitting apart. 52 Also the graves were opened, and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life; 53 and after Yeshua rose, they came out of the graves and went into the holy city, where many people saw them.
God wasn't having anything to do with "Earthly Jerusalem" (at this point). The fact that God ripped the Tabernacle Holy of Holies Curtain tells you that the city wasn't considered "Holy" at this point in time. Though it is referred to as "Holy" in certain matters, it would make zero sense for Jesus to raise the dead to simply die again. They were a train bound for glory.
Yet... AFTER JESUS Rose, "They came out of SHEOL and went into THE HOLY CITY where MANY PEOPLE SAW THEM.
The Heavenly Jerusalem welcomed Jesus back with all those that BELIEVED IN HIM. 1 Peter 3 is an important read. It's such a tiny passage within it, yet it reveals HOW this was made possible. I recommend the HCSB if you desire to SEARCH. for it
Jesus makes it clear that we shall be like the very Angels in Heaven.
Mark 12:25 When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
Matthew 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage but are like angels in heaven.
IN HEAVEN
Now, back to your excellent point, I think that the HOLY SPIRIT within us (THE BODY OF CHRIST... IE the very SOUL of God indwells us... HOLY GHOST, Spirit, Soul) and this maintains that Satan is unable to manifest FULL Power. However, he is still VERY Powerful and he clearly very literally is still providing doctrines of demons and hardening the hearts of mankind.

Jude also affirms this stance. This issue is that people forget that from Genesis on, The Devil has been at war with any BODY of believers here on earth. In fact, though the Devil is "Bound" by the presence of the Holy Spirit (Can't physically manifest or work signs and wonders as he could in the old testament. He's banished from Heaven so we can dwell there upon death and such).

This is to then say, if anything, Satan's Lying tongue and vindictive nature is more dangerous then ever, just as Peter describes. Just because he is limited in power, doesn't mean that he isn't possibly more dangerous than before. He's still called the god of the system of this world that blinds men unto the light of the Gospel.

I think this is the middle ground.
Isn't that the wrong approach though?
In science investigation, or any investigation for that matter, don't we start from the facts we have, and go where the evidence leads... adjusting our view to fit the evidence?
When we adjust the evidence to fit our presuppositions, does that not lead to inaccurate conclusions?
Why not start from Revelation 1:1 and go from there?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟4,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Again, I want to make it clear that I am a unique type of A-mil (Not doctrines of man, but forced by scripture, IMO)... but I DO want to affirm your concern for those that claim the Devil isn't actively at work.

The very doctrines of the church of Satan, as in their teachings, are to specifically deny that not only God exists but to also do so with Satan. They say that to believe in an ACTUAL Satan that is Real is to be a Devil Worshiper and not a true Satanist, thus making any person that says Satan is active in this world Anathema to their doctrines. True story. No matter anyone's take, it would be wise to note their desired belief on the matter.

Satan is best served to be believed to be out of the picture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟4,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Isn't that the wrong approach though?
In no way do I claim to be correct, but Matthew forces us to be in the time of the first Resurrection. Hebrews does, also, by it's actual lingual intent. I am willing to conform to scripture from any direction, but Hebrews also makes it clear that we are in the time of the first resurrection, by Chapter 1:2.
In science investigation, or any investigation for that matter, don't we start from the facts we have, and go where the evidence leads... adjusting our view to fit the evidence?
This is unfortunately what forces me into this stance, though I wouldn't say "scientific", but by an open to scriptural revelation yet systematic approach to the topic. Or, to say... systematic, yet open.... verses Closed Systematic.
When we adjust the evidence to fit our presuppositions, does that not lead to inaccurate conclusions?
Why not start from Revelation 1:1 and go from there?
Revelation is literally seen from a perspective of infinity. It shifts back and forth in time, all throughout it. It takes all scripture to find what is what in discussion of the book.

Revelation and all of the NT serves 2 purposes. It affirms that OT eschatology was MOSTLY fulfilled, yet it also introduces Future eschatology.

It is better to identify what scriptures match up with each portion of Revelation, then go from Revelation 1 to the final word of the book and pound square pegs into round holes. I know from frustration in doing so. I learned to keep studying and allow the book to fall into place where and whenever it does.

Again, no high ground claim, here, but that is where I currently am.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟36,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Again, I want to make it clear that I am a unique type of A-mil (Not doctrines of man, but forced by scripture, IMO)... but I DO want to affirm your concern for those that claim the Devil isn't actively at work.

The very doctrines, as in their teachings, are to specifically deny that not only God exists but to also do so with Satan. They say that to believe in an ACTUAL Satan that is Real is to be a Devil Worshiper and not a true Satanist, thus making any person that says Satan is active in this world is Anathema to their doctrines. True story. No matter anyone's take, it would be wise to note their desired belief on the matter.

Satan is best served to be believed to be out of the picture.
I understand that many persons do take a casual approach to understanding scripture, but I am only trying to help.
Guessing is not the way to go, if we want to find the truth.
Satan is very much active today, as Revelation 12 shows. Revelation 12 was not fulfilled before John actually penned Revelation. So Revelation 20 could not be fulfilled before Revelation 19, and Armageddon.

Persons seem content with their ideas though, so I am learning to leave them alone.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟36,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In no way do I claim to be correct, but Matthew forces us to be in the time of the first Resurrection. Hebrews does, also, by it's actual lingual intent. I am willing to conform to scripture from any direction, but Hebrews also makes it clear that we are in the time of the first resurrection, by Chapter 1:2.

This is unfortunately what forces me into this stance, though I wouldn't say "scientific", but by an open to scriptural revelation yet systematic approach to the topic. Or, to say... systematic, yet open.... verses Closed Systematic.

Revelation is literally seen from a perspective of infinity. It shifts back and forth in time, all throughout it. It takes all scripture to find what is what in discussion of the book.

Revelation and all of the NT serves 2 purposes. It affirms that OT eschatology was MOSTLY fulfilled, yet it also introduces Future eschatology.

It is better to identify what scriptures match up with each portion of Revelation, then go from Revelation 1 to the final word of the book and pound square pegs into round holes. I know from frustration in doing so. I learned to keep studying and allow the book to fall into place where and whenever it does.

Again, no high ground claim, here, but that is where I currently am.
If you start with Revelation 1:1, the fact is you cannot include the "OT".
However, if you want to, I'm leaving it that way.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟4,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I understand that many persons do take a casual approach to understanding scripture, but I am only trying to help.
Guessing is not the way to go, if we want to find the truth.
Satan is very much active today, as Revelation 12 shows. Revelation 12 was not fulfilled before John actually penned Revelation. So Revelation 20 could not be fulfilled before Revelation 19, and Armageddon.

Persons seem content with their ideas though, so I am learning to leave them alone.
I want to make this clear. I never "guess". I read entire books and cross ref. them before I conclude any matter. You could go through my Hebrews study and see how very slow I move.

I refuse to guess. Tombs broke open after Jesus' Resurrection which is the exact sign of the first resurrection. True doctrine of A-Mil followers don't agree with my current synopsis and because I am "A-mil" on any level, Pre-Mil believers don't like what I have to say, either. I just don't care. I have studied these matters out to the point of metaphorical Mental Bleeding, Spiritual Pleading and such forth... so I just go where scripture affirms and acknowledge that I will never know it all, so I must continue to dig through scripture 1 book at a time, in frame of all books.

Upvote 0