Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe they're not even required to state what gender they are on their resumes

Their name usually identifies what gender they are, but not always. :D

I mostly hired thru the union so I just got who they sent. I did have a few guys show up and disrupt everything. Sporting a full beard and breasts tends to stop all work. I always dreaded having to fire those guys.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I never had to guess the gender of anyone I ever hired. They are either male or female.
The fact that it hasn’t happened to you yet is moot. Can you imagine the scenario I described? How would you handle it?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You mean what's wrong with mandating the use of pronouns that never existed before ?

I'd want to know if the person who fills out a federal form is a man or woman, not an It.
Then you will be relieved to know the mandate simply requires the option for people to use a gender neutral term for themselves. People can still check a box for their gendered pronoun.

Ypur desire to know if someone filling out a form is male or female is odd. Why would you need that info?

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Then you will be relieved to know the mandate simply requires the option for people to use a gender neutral term for themselves. People can still check a box for their gendered pronoun.

Ypur desire to know if someone filling out a form is male or female is odd. Why would you need that info?

Because the job may be specifically for a female or a male.

I know this isn't allowed anymore but then, why ask for Zher and Zhe ?

Don't ask at all.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because the job may be specifically for a female or a male.

I know this isn't allowed anymore but then, why ask for Zher and Zhe ?

Don't ask at all.
It doesn’t ask for gender, it gives the OPTION via a drop down menu to indicate gender, and Zhe and Zher aren’t there, but they/them are, and “prefer not to say.” It would be helpful if people read the article and understand what we’re talking about rather than make assumptions.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It doesn’t ask for gender, it gives the OPTION via a drop down menu to indicate gender, and Zhe and Zher aren’t there, but they/them are, and “prefer not to say.” It would be helpful if people read the article and understand what we’re talking about rather than make assumptions.

From the article;

The White House contact form now includes gender-inclusive pronouns and prefixes, such as "they/them" and the gender-neutral title "Mx."

I got the Zhe and Zher as that is what the Canadian Government made part of their law 16C. It's certain to come here with this EO as Biden is already changing gender identification other than what the person identifies with or is born as i.e. male and female. There is no such thing as a binary sexual gender.

This defines what a transgender person decides to be referred to and it's coming to the
US as we'll see teachers, government employees and others losing their jobs if they fail
to address a transgender person in the preferred pronoun.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
From the article;

The White House contact form now includes gender-inclusive pronouns and prefixes, such as "they/them" and the gender-neutral title "Mx."

I got the Zhe and Zher as that is what the Canadian Government made part of their law 16C. It's certain to come here with this EO as Biden is already changing gender identification other than what the person identifies with or is born as i.e. male and female. There is no such thing as a binary sexual gender.

This defines what a transgender person decides to be referred to and it's coming to the
US as we'll see teachers, government employees and others losing their jobs if they fail
to address a transgender person in the preferred pronoun.
I’m glad to see you now understand that we are simply talking about options added on a drop down menu. Why would these options be more of a problem for you? It’s not like you won’t still be able to choose your gender or be forced to call yourself a different gender.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I’m glad to see you now understand that we are simply talking about options added on a drop down menu. Why would these options be more of a problem for you? It’s not like you won’t still be able to choose your gender or be forced to call yourself a different gender.

It has to do with bending toward people who have an agenda which is not in accord with moral values given to us by our Creator.

What is a "they?"

There is only male and female, not they, them or other..

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It has to do with bending toward people who have an agenda which is not in accord with moral values given to us by our Creator.
. First, no one is asking you to change your gender or what you call yourself. No one is asking you to be transgender or non-binary. Secondly, the government is secular and none of us get to force our religious beliefs on others. The majority of Americans voted for the “agenda” that bothers you.

What is a "they?"

There is only male and female, not they, them or other..
“They” is the pronoun *you* use when referring to people whose gender you don’t know. For instance, if I said, “Jim, what should a person do if they disagree with Biden’s mandate,” and you might answer “THEY should write to THEIR congressperson, and tell THEM this mandate is stupid!” It’s a pronoun you probably use everyday.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
. First, no one is asking you to change your gender or what you call yourself. No one is asking you to be transgender or non-binary. Secondly, the government is secular and none of us get to force our religious beliefs on others. The majority of Americans voted for the “agenda” that bothers you.

“They” is the pronoun *you* use when referring to people whose gender you don’t know. For instance, if I said, “Jim, what should a person do if they disagree with Biden’s mandate,” and you might answer “THEY should write to THEIR congressperson, and tell THEM this mandate is stupid!” It’s a pronoun you probably use everyday.

Actually, under Obama's EO, restrooms in public places had to remove their Ladies Room and Men's Room signs and replace them with just Restroom. My own parish hall had to comply as the parish rents the hall out to a secular private school.
This is coming back, I have no doubt that Biden will reinstate it as Trump and removed it.

There is no gender as "They." Having this mandated on federal forms prohibits identifying just who it is who is filling out the form, a man or woman, which is all that exist.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Actually, under Obama's EO, restrooms in public places had to remove their Ladies Room and Men's Room signs and replace them with just Restroom. My own parish hall had to comply as the parish rents the hall out to a secular private school.
This is coming back, I have no doubt that Biden will reinstate it as Trump and removed it.

There is no gender as "They." Having this mandated on federal forms prohibits identifying just who it is who is filling out the form, a man or woman, which is all that exist.

Please give more information. The only guidance I've heard of from Obama was for schools, and it did not require gender-free bathrooms. That was one way to comply, and not the one I would have used.

To my knowledge, there is no gender such as "they." It's a way to refer to someone without specifying a gender. In a pulldown asking how someone wants to be referred to, it makes sense. That doesn't make it a gender. When I donated to the American Bible Society there is a huge pulldown, too many items to count, for what address to use: Mr, Dr, Rev, Rev Dr, Dr and Mrs, various terms for bishops and EO patriarchs, and it goes on and on. That doesn't make them genders.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Please give more information. The only guidance I've heard of from Obama was for schools, and it did not require gender-free bathrooms. That was one way to comply, and not the one I would have used.

To my knowledge, there is no gender such as "they." It's a way to refer to someone without specifying a gender. In a pulldown asking how someone wants to be referred to, it makes sense. That doesn't make it a gender.

Obama's EO was for all public buildings especially city, state and federal buildings which included schools and any building where the public has access.

Trump issued an EO rejecting this EO, which of course Trump did on every Obama EO.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Obama's EO was for all public buildings especially city, state and federal buildings which included schools and any building where the public has access.

Trump issued an EO rejecting this EO, which of course Trump did on every Obama EO.
The google search I did referred both to a directive and Trump's reversal, but all referred to schools. Technically it wasn't an EO. He doesn't have the power to order schools to do anything. Rather, it was advice that this was required by Title IX, and implicitly a warning that agencies might take action to enforce it. It would take different authority for public buildings. I'm not sure what it would be.

Note that Biden also hasn't issued an EO to schools or anyone else, because he doesn't have that authority either. He has directed Federal agencies to look at their responsibility and authority to see what they can do. Quite likely there will be action on schools and employment (and of course Federal operations themselves), as there are specific laws about discrimination there, which the Supreme Court has interpreted as covering LGBT. I don't know how much further it can or will go.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Goidness gracious! No one is saying “they” is a gender. You yourself refer to people as “they” when their gender is unknown. Previously the form had no place to indicate gender! They didn’t even ask before! You’re again complaint of something that isn’t real.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The google search I did referred both to a directive and Trump's reversal, but all referred to schools. Technically it wasn't an EO. He doesn't have the power to order schools to do anything. Rather, it was advice that this was required by Title IX, and implicitly a warning that agencies might take action to enforce it. It would take different authority for public buildings. I'm not sure what it would be.

Note that Biden also hasn't issued an EO to schools or anyone else, because he doesn't have that authority either. He has directed Federal agencies to look at their responsibility and authority to see what they can do. Quite likely there will be action on schools and employment (and of course Federal operations themselves), as there are specific laws about discrimination there, which the Supreme Court has interpreted as covering LGBT. I don't know how much further it can or will go.

It began with schools and also the restrooms in federal buildings. However, as states started passing laws prohibiting gender neutral restrooms in schools, Obama extended it by saying all restrooms should be inclusive when the public has access to them.

Remember Target changing to Gender Neutral Restrooms ?

I have no problem with a single user restroom being gender neutral.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Goidness gracious! No one is saying “they” is a gender. You yourself refer to people as “they” when their gender is unknown. Previously the form had no place to indicate gender! They didn’t even ask before! You’re again complaint of something that isn’t real.

Not on a form which an individual is filling out.

They option to refer to oneself as "they" is on the drop down

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not on a form which an individual is filling out.

They option to refer to oneself as "they" is on the drop down
LOL, it’s a pronoun, not a gender. And the form did not previously ask for gender. I’ll end the convo here.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
LOL, it’s a pronoun, not a gender. And the form did not previously ask for gender. I’ll end the convo here.

A pronoun to identify the gender of the person, just as she or he identifies the gender.
Only in this case, it's to not identify the gender of the person.

From the OP article

Shortly after President Biden and Vice President Harris took office, sharp-eyed Internet users noticed several major changes relating to the inclusivity and accessibility of the executive branch's official site. Among them are a new feature allowing users to include their pronouns when submitting contact forms and a relaunch of the Spanish-language website.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
It began with schools and also the restrooms in federal buildings. However, as states started passing laws prohibiting gender neutral restrooms in schools, Obama extended it by saying all restrooms should be inclusive when the public has access to them.

Remember Target changing to Gender Neutral Restrooms ?

I have no problem with a single user restroom being gender neutral.
Until I see documentation, I doubt that Target's charge was due to an Executive Order. Here's their description. Continuing to Stand for Inclusivity. I've read other articles. None suggest that this was in response t any Executive Order.

There are many states and localities with laws, however. That includes Oregon, ini which your profile says you reside. I would suggest that your church's action might have been in response to state or local law, not any policy from Obama. Much of the US population is covered by such laws.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0