Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Yeah, inclusivity and accessibility are certain "radical" ideas. You'll have to include Jesus in this concept as He certainly favored inclusivity and accessibility.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son." John 3:16-18

Does your Catholic doctrine condemn inclusivity and accessibility? Or is that just your own bias?

• Winner
Reactions: Thomas White
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, inclusivity and accessibility are certain "radical" ideas. You'll have to include Jesus in this concept as He certainly favored inclusivity and accessibility.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son." John 3:16-18

Does your Catholic doctrine condemn inclusivity and accessibility? Or is that just your own bias?

How does using a pronoun that never existed in history, make someone feel included ?

As it is, a transgendered male or female, desire to be identified as such, not some made up pronoun by the radicals.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How does using a pronoun that never existed in history, make someone feel included ?

As it is, a transgendered male or female, desire to be identified as such, not some made up pronoun by the radicals.

Exactly what does "How does using a pronoun that never existed in history, make someone feel included ?" mean?

Are you seriously saying that "transgender" is a 1) pronoun 2) made up by "radicals" and 3) never existed in history (whatever that means)? Seriously?

1) Pronoun: in linguistics and grammar, a pronoun is a word that substitutes for a noun or noun phrase.
Noun: a word (other than a pronoun) used to identify any of a class of people, places, or things.

2) What makes you think that "radicals" -- your word -- create English definitions?

I'm afraid that your incorrect English, bias and judgement are seriously on display for all to see, my friend.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It includes gender non-binary folks. And doesn’t change anything for the rest of us.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Exactly what does "How does using a pronoun that never existed in history, make someone feel included ?" mean?

Are you seriously saying that "transgender" is a 1) pronoun 2) made up by "radicals" and 3) never existed in history (whatever that means)? Seriously?

1) Pronoun: in linguistics and grammar, a pronoun is a word that substitutes for a noun or noun phrase.
Noun: a word (other than a pronoun) used to identify any of a class of people, places, or things.

2) What makes you think that "radicals" -- your word -- create English definitions?

I'm afraid that your incorrect English, bias and judgement are seriously on display for all to see, my friend.

No I'm saying the pronouns Zhe, Zher and others that have come out are made up. They
never existed in the English or any language until recently.

I'm waiting for a law that will require people to use these terms as they did in Canada

Teachers can be fired for using her or him when addressing a transgender person.

When the government mandates certain uses of language, it violates the 1st Amendment to the Constitution.

BTW, are you aware that Nancy Pelosi is putting new regulations on the flour of the House of Representatives, where the terms, her, him, mother, father, son or daughter are no longer going to be used for it offends binary gendered people.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Really? How so?

The radical left are the one's who mandate such things as the article is addressing.

The use of pronouns is just an example of what's to follow

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's hard to know what will make all people, simultaneously, feel good about themselves.

However, talking gibberish to a tiny minority such as trans people might, logically enough, make some of them feel patronized or even belittled since everyone else is being addressed in English.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Please don't stop there. What else does the Bible say? What does Jesus tell people to do after he accepts them?

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It includes gender non-binary folks. And doesn’t change anything for the rest of us.
We are still told to say something when we see wrong. I believe this is what Jim is doing.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are still told to say something when we see wrong. I believe this is what Jim is doing.
Well...I think "something I disagree with" would be more accurate than "wrong" in the above. Just because someone disagrees with something doesn't actually make that something "wrong". See the difference?
Anyway, per the OP: What's wrong with using inclusive language? Or having accessibility? They are citizens/tax payers after all. and as such shouldn't they be treated with respect as well?
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well...I think "something I disagree with" would be more accurate than "wrong" in the above. Just because someone disagrees with something doesn't actually make that something "wrong". See the difference?
Anyway, per the OP: What's wrong with using inclusive language? Or having accessibility? They are citizens/tax payers after all. and as such shouldn't they be treated with respect as well?

You mean what's wrong with mandating the use of pronouns that never existed before ?

I'd want to know if the person who fills out a federal form is a man or woman, not an It.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Should Christians not put God above all else?

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jim asked a question. He asked why adding the non-binary title would cause anyone additional to be included.

To give you an example of why people need to know how to refer to non-binary people - you hire an employee and they have an androgynous appearance. They don’t indicate a gender when they are hired. You honestly don’t know what gender they were assigned at birth. How do you refer to them? You may “disagree” with the idea of someone being non-binary, but you still have the practical problem of needing to refer to them. Even if you wanted to ignore their non-binary status because you think it’s a sin, you can’t because you don’t know what gender they started out as.

I think that most people who say they believe in “speaking up” against transgenderism and non-binary people would quickly find that not to work in most settings. If you have to work with someone, you don’t want to be in a constant battle with them over their gender. If you misgender them, you will be constantly corrected, and that person and others at work won’t want to work with you. It’s not like you can just tell them they are wrong and they’ll “wake up.”

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jim asked a question. He asked why adding the non-binary title would cause anyone additional to be included.

To give you an example of why people need to know how to refer to non-binary people - you hire an employee and they have an androgynous appearance. They don’t indicate a gender when they are hired. You honestly don’t know what gender they were assigned at birth. How do you refer to them? You may “disagree” with the idea of someone being non-binary, but you still have the practical problem of needing to refer to them. Even if you wanted to ignore their non-binary status because you think it’s a sin, you can’t because you don’t know what gender they started out as.

I think that most people who say they believe in “speaking up” against transgenderism and non-binary people would quickly find that not to work in most settings. If you have to work with someone, you don’t want to be in a constant battle with them over their gender. If you misgender them, you will be constantly corrected, and that person and others at work won’t want to work with you. It’s not like you can just tell them they are wrong and they’ll “wake up.”

I never had to guess the gender of anyone I ever hired. They are either male or female.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

If a transgendered person asks me to refer to them using the specific pronoun they prefer, I will respect them and do so.

However, for the government to mandate gender neutrality in restroom signs in public buildings, or government forms is wrong.

Heck even when a man transitions to a female, she then wants to be referred to with female pronouns, she, her etc.

The binary person who doesn't know what gender they are, which is the minority of transgendered people, who themselves are the minority in the human race, should not
mandate that the entire human race stop using gender specific pronouns

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I never had to guess the gender of anyone I ever hired. They are either male or female.

I believe they're not even required to state what gender they are on their resumes

Their name usually identifies what gender they are, but not always. :D

• Agree
Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0